ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Luce

well forget anymore thoughts of adding anymore transfers.

I'm happy for Luce. he worked hard, and we had a scholarship to give.

well forget anymore thoughts of adding anymore transfers.

I'm happy for Luce. he worked hard, and we had a scholarship to give.
Technically we still have one spot. With that being said, if we were going to add any transfers, then it would have been done like 4 months ago.

I would rather field a full team. last year due to illnesses, and injuries, we were not at full strength for several weeks. and the minutes some players ended up playing added up in the end. I'd rather see a full squad and a fresh squad. I'm not holding out for some 4/5* transfer from Duke or UK who didn't get to start, but maybe it would have been nice to add some grad transfer who could file a role and add some mentorship. I kind of liked having Spike. he didn't really contribute much on the court, but he was nice to have around.

Reactions: nagemj02
I would rather field a full team. last year due to illnesses, and injuries, we were not at full strength for several weeks. and the minutes some players ended up playing added up in the end. I'd rather see a full squad and a fresh squad. I'm not holding out for some 4/5* transfer from Duke or UK who didn't get to start, but maybe it would have been nice to add some grad transfer who could file a role and add some mentorship. I kind of liked having Spike. he didn't really contribute much on the court, but he was nice to have around.
It's almost September. There are no available transfers that are capable of having an impact.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
It's almost September. There are no available transfers that are capable of having an impact.
Yup. Plus to make the transfer worthwhile they would need to play, so whose spot would they take? There are only so many minutes in a game to go around.

It's a double edged sword, you're screwed if you do and screwed if you don't take a transfer it seems.

Don't forget that there is a second squad of players who make up the Gold Squad that provides the scouting services fro the team. Those guys don't get the thanks that they truly deserve.

and we haven't talked much at all about George King's grandson being a walk-on. Does he actually have any talent, or was he allowed to be on the team because of his name? and will he actually play? and after each game, will we all chant, the king has left the building !

and we haven't talked much at all about George King's grandson being a walk-on. Does he actually have any talent, or was he allowed to be on the team because of his name? and will he actually play? and after each game, will we all chant, the king has left the building !
Pretty much I expect absolutely no on court contributions from walk-ons. Every time we get a walk on, someone will say "He's not your average walk-on. He had a scholarship offer from *Insert tiny school name here*." The reality is they aren't capable of playing at this level 99.99% of the time.

Eifert has done a good job when he has been forced to play, though. I like using Luce as our human victory cigar, but I hope he never has to play meaningful minutes.

Reactions: nagemj02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT