ADVERTISEMENT

To follow tonight’s game…

I am disappointed as I thought on twitter I saw pictures of Madison Layden participating in the shoot-around this afternoon. But Tim Newton just announced she would not be playing tonight - again for a “Non-COVID illness.” She could possibly play in the next game if there is one.

Also, Ava Learn is in a face mask from that collision she had in the last game but will play. She broke her nose but came back to play in that game and now is playing in this one with a mask for protection.

thanks glad to watch
Love this team
Without a front line and no Layden
Still the game. Down 6 totally due to
Klaissas twi treys. Irony has a way of following you around.

3 minutes left, looks like season coming to an end. 70-59 ‘MU. But the ladies have played well for much of the game. Good energy, some really nice moments but have missed some opportunities.
Regardless, such a fun team to watch. Moore with a GREAT WNIT performance to close out her Purdue career. Love this team. And the coaching staff.

Reactions: DocRon
Yes fitting that Mac nailed a 3 at the end in a game much closer than the final score. mid 4 th q Purdue missed 2 layups and a wide open 3 that would have given them the lead and then wilted with tos and bad shots. Marquette clearly the better team but I see a lot of promise for next year if we can build a front line. The Eagles big killed us and was the clear difference in the game.

Just a note on the BT. Illinois just hired Dayton's coach Green who had a sterling record and seems might bring Illinois back to respectability as they are as far down as a program can be. The Fahey hire was really bad, just like the Lovie Smith fb hire, but their AD is trying to redeem himself with Bilema and now Green. Will be interesting, but the illini have been a WBB perpetual doormat and hard not to improve some, but as we know, no coach can overcome a lack of talent and Illinois has none. But I suspect this coach will be a recruiter that Purdue will have to go up against. We'll see as we have our own rebuild to be concerned about.

The Dunn-Joseph backstab really hurt Grentz at UILL and derailed a couple of seasons recruiting, as the results followed that, Grentz just seemed to run out of steam. UILL's decent to their current state continued from there despite whoever they hired.

Yes, I knew Coach Bollant and he kind of started a turnaround. But they there were some abuse allegations against one of his assistants and several key players left and he could not replace them. Whitman decided to hire a friend from his former school who had an outstanding record at Div 3, but talentless, she failed, then lost player after player including Terry to Purdue. The new coach knows that the five top returning players are in the portal. She certainly seems to be a good coach, but no coach can win without talent. At this point, besides 4 raw recruits, none of them earthshaking, Green has 3 or 4 returning players, a mountain to climb. KG was only NAIA I think but she did inherit some players and now has something to build on. The Illinois build will I think be much harder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT