ADVERTISEMENT

Title Game

Yawn, another Bama National Title. 6 of the last 12 years. From all other D1 teams nationally, it is tiring to see them win again. Can’t wait for Saban to retire. I suspect it will take Bama down just a notch, but not much. They have a heck of a formula.
Conversely, Bama fans are joyous and rightfully so for another year. This clip says it all.

Last edited:
Imagine how bad the score would have been if Yanni had played for Alabama.

Yawn, another Bama National Title. 6 of the last 12 years. From all other D1 teams nationally, it is tiring to see them win again. Can’t wait for Saban to retire. I suspect it will take Bama down just a notch, but not much. They have a heck of a formula.
Conversely, Bama fans are joyous and rightfully so for another year. This clip says it all.
Glad Bama smoked The Ohio State not that I’m a Bama fan. OSU was allowed in because they changed the rules. Why have any rules if the only apply to the so called lesser programs? I know it’s always about the money.

Glad Bama smoked The Ohio State not that I’m a Bama fan. OSU was allowed in because they changed the rules. Why have any rules if the only apply to the so called lesser programs? I know it’s always about the money.
Cool avatar.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
OSU was “allowed” in because they were one of the four best teams in the country. Those are the rules. I never like to see a Big Ten team get smoked by an SEC team because it feeds the narrative. Having said that, Alabama proved they are the best in the country

IU should have been in instead? OSU smoked Clemson. OSU beat IU. They deserved to be in the playoff. Bama is just that good. OSU had like 13 players out including a number of starters due to Covid.

Reactions: Trekie4Life
IU should have been in instead? OSU smoked Clemson. OSU beat IU. They deserved to be in the playoff. Bama is just that good. OSU had like 13 players out including a number of starters due to Covid.
That’s the part that is interesting to me. OSU had a number of Covid challenges along with many other teams in the country. I saw a story where Nick Saban let the Alabama players go home for Christmas. You would think that’s at least a little risky. How did they seemingly come out unscathed as it relates to Covid? Maybe they didn’t and I just missed it.

That’s the part that is interesting to me. OSU had a number of Covid challenges along with many other teams in the country. I saw a story where Nick Saban let the Alabama players go home for Christmas. You would think that’s at least a little risky. How did they seemingly come out unscathed as it relates to Covid? Maybe they didn’t and I just missed it.
I thought I had read that programs like LSU and Alabama and Clemson had early outbreaks. They already dealt with it - now Saban got it late in the season but his players got it much earlier.

Reactions: Trekie4Life
Changing the subject; do you think Brohm and Purdue staff could have done what Saban did this year if he was the Alabama coach?

Changing the subject; do you think Brohm and Purdue staff could have done what Saban did this year if he was the Alabama coach?
Very good question. If I’m being realistic I think the answer to that question is no. Yes Saban is getting the very best players in the country but he can only sign so many in a year. It seems like Alabama has produced a winning culture that includes player development. That’s one of the reasons I’m skeptical about a lot of the excitement related to us bringing in transfers. A lot of the articles present the new players as immediate saviors even if they played sparingly at their old schools. If we’re having trouble developing our own players I doubt we’ll be able to develop players from some place else.

Very good question. If I’m being realistic I think the answer to that question is no. Yes Saban is getting the very best players in the country but he can only sign so many in a year. It seems like Alabama has produced a winning culture that includes player development. That’s one of the reasons I’m skeptical about a lot of the excitement related to us bringing in transfers. A lot of the articles present the new players as immediate saviors even if they played sparingly at their old schools. If we’re having trouble developing our own players I doubt we’ll be able to develop players from some place else.
Just not true. Brohm brought in key transfers for 2017 and a number of them made large contributions at LB, OL, DB, WR......

Honestly, we really don't know. The question of is it the coach or the players continues for college and pros. Obviously the players take you to a certain level. The debate is what % does the coach add to that? Would another good coach have won 6 championships with the Bulls with the exact same roster (including Jordan?) What we do know is that Purdue had one player on its roster that was officially offered a scholarship by Alabama - GK. When 'Bama has an injury, they bring in another 4 or 5* recruit. The magic for 'Bama is that they somehow get 4 and 5* guys that are willing to sit until its their turn. Other programs lose those players if they don't start in year 1 - maybe by year2.

Just not true. Brohm brought in key transfers for 2017 and a number of them made large contributions at LB, OL, DB, WR......
I don’t know. I just don’t believe that’s the best path toward building a winning culture. Are there coaches who have done it before? Sure. But I don’t think it’s the best path toward a winning culture. Who are the players you’re referring to from 2017 and were they already contributing at their former school?

Last edited:
Seeing him walk between plays he reminds me of a young Randy Moss. Seems kind of gangly, skinny & awkward. But damn, when he's playing. Unreal.
He sure looks fragile to me. His legs appear to almost look like this. //

Reactions: TMFT
ADVERTISEMENT