ADVERTISEMENT

Tirek Murphy Has Entered the Transfer Portal

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Looks like our depth at RB is going to be a little smaller now. Tirek Murphy has entered the transfer portal.

I know he got into some trouble this Fall, but I was hoping he would turn things around. He was the highest ranked RB recruit that we had gotten in years, but we only want people that want to be Boilermakers. Best of luck to him!

Looks like our depth at RB is going to be a little smaller now. Tirek Murphy has entered the transfer portal.

I know he got into some trouble this Fall, but I was hoping he would turn things around. He was the highest ranked RB recruit that we had gotten in years, but we only want people that want to be Boilermakers. Best of luck to him!

Don't think people can blame Brohm for this one (not that you were Kentucky). Brian reported that the poor kid has had multiple family members die from COVID recently. How horrible for the kid.

No surprise here when he opted out early. I wish he could of got a chance to show his talents but he put himself in the dog house from the get go by poor choices! I don’t know his story of why he opted out early but it’s not a good look opting out on your team before season end when you’re healthy, I think that’s a slap in the face to your teammates. Has Dj Johnson or Hewitt said anything yet?

Last edited:

Shocking...

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG

Thanks for using a scholarship and wasting it.

As I said on this site a couple of weeks ago " The dominoes are falling ".
The unhappy players and coaches are leaving West Lafayette.
My question is still Why would good coaches or good players want to come to Purdue when the many people are leaving?
Does anyone really believe that transfers grad transfers and walk ons are going to save the team. Transfers, grad transfers, and walk ons are only band aids for the short term.
Sooner or later this publication will have to face the facts that the situation is bad and the only fix is to change the head coach. It's to late now to make that change but that day is coming.
Just a fact Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
My question is still Why would good coaches or good players want to come to Purdue when the many people are leaving?
Does anyone really believe that transfers grad transfers and walk ons are going to save the team. Transfers, grad transfers, and walk ons are only band aids for the short term.
Sooner or later this publication will have to face the facts that the situation is bad and the only fix is to change the head coach. It's to late now to make that change but that day is coming.
Just a fact Jack!
Corrections happen all the time in sorts and business. One winning season could turn the corner. I must admit, the optics have been strange, but not insurmountable. Get the right DC and pipeline more mature players and it can turnaround quick.

I thought that Murphy had a lot of potential, but his stats in HS weren't great and his highlight tapes weren't the greatest either. He was a big guy with some speed and he played a tough schedule in NYC, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Don't think people can blame Brohm for this one (not that you were Kentucky). Brian reported that the poor kid has had multiple family members die from COVID recently. How horrible for the kid.
I firmly believe all young people need a second chance when they mess up. Sounds like with the Covid situation and his family compounded by his poor choices he needs “a restart“ and someone who can really “pull him into their program“ so he can feel the difference in his restart. Nothing but the best to him and his future!

Sorry to see. Need a third running back, don't want to mention the "i" word but with only two backs this could pose a huge problem if it surfaces.

The D line wasn't that good this year, don't think the coach leaving is gonna be a big deal. I have a feeling Brohm is gonna let new DC help pick the Defensive assistants , and based on this last year, Purdue needs some new ones . And with the running backs that opted out, I doubt any that opted out will return

Sorry to see. Need a third running back, don't want to mention the "i" word but with only two backs this could pose a huge problem if it surfaces.
Cross. They also brought in a walkon, Downing.

I don't see Cross being ready next year. He weighs in at 170 pounds...
Meh, Akeem Hunt was 180 pounds and damn near ran for 1000 yards.

I wouldnt expect him to be an everydown player immediately, but in a pinch, hes better than nothing.

Likewise, same to you. Never saw those messages for the young man. I only saw he was arrested before first game.

I generally refrain from posting to you because you're such a tremendous clown but I'll take this opportunity to say how enjoyable it was to see you get your ass absolutely handed to you by other posters on the GD forum re Covid.

You may want to rethink some of your behavior on this one. You or one of your family could get it...be damaged from it or even die. Karma has a weird way of working.

Done with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolegib
I generally refrain from posting to you because you're such a tremendous ass clown but I'll take this opportunity to say how enjoyable it was to see you get your ass absolutely handed to you by other posters on the GD forum re Covid.

You may want to rethink some of your behavior on this one. You or one of your family could get it...be damaged from it or even die. Karma has a weird way of working jackass.

Done with you.
Yep, got covid. Lost smell and taste and recovered. Like your name calling as it shows your true person, and I highly doubt you refrain from calling people out behind a keyboard. BTW, GD forum is full of liberals so far left that they cannot see the middle ground and love to gang up, pound their chests and tell us how righteous they are. Believe it or not, use to be a DEM in voting till a decade or so ago. Don't like cheaters and stealing though. Always have and always will. I'm glad you got it off your chest and are done with me. Hope you feel better.

Yep, got covid. Lost smell and taste and recovered. Like your name calling as it shows your true person, and I highly doubt you refrain from calling people out behind a keyboard. BTW, GD forum is full of liberals so far left that they cannot see the middle ground and love to gang up, pound their chests and tell us how righteous they are. Believe it or not, use to be a DEM in voting till a decade or so ago. Don't like cheaters and stealing though. Always have and always will. I'm glad you got it off your chest and are done with me. Hope you feel better.

Again, Tirek sure is sorry he messed up your football entertainment by having family at home die.

Keep digging your hole there lil snowflake.

some people get offended by others posts when they don't understand what they actually meant, that's the problem without person to person interaction. Relax, we are Purdue fans, not enemies

Reactions: SKYDOG and NVboiler
I'll keep the politics on the GD board. As for the RB, he's gone and is no longer a Boilermaker. Bye!

Since you're bringing up politics (and spare me that you havent brought that up on the football boards) I don't identify with either Rep or Dem. But from what I've noticed, at least the leftys mainly keep it limited to the GD forum while the right wingers infect so damn many threads with barbs and quips that have no politics in said threads. Any TRULY objective person who visits the freeboard BB and FB pages can see that...and it's not even freaking close.

If you weren't such a fat sausage-stuffing blob I'd bet you'd have been storming the Capitol with the other loonies trying to get one last slurp on your Fuhrer.

Since you're bringing up politics (and spare me that you havent brought that up on the football boards) I don't identify with either Rep or Dem. But from what I've noticed, at least the leftys mainly keep it limited to the GD forum while the right wingers infect so damn many threads with barbs and quips that have no politics in said threads. Any TRULY objective person who visits the freeboard BB and FB pages can see that...and it's not even freaking close.

If you weren't such a fat sausage-stuffing blob I'd bet you'd have been storming the Capitol with the other loonies trying to get one last slurp on your Fuhrer.
Look, I have no dog in this fight you have going on with Milwaukee. However, when you start talking foolishly about lefty's not bringing up politics outside of the GD board, I'll ask you to look at the thread labeled "What you see happening in Washington DC now..." that resides on the free basketball boards". And yes, you just got "your ass handed to you"...

Just a fact Jack!

That's your opinion Jack!

Look, I have no dog in this fight you have going on with Milwaukee. However, when you start talking foolishly about lefty's not bringing up politics outside of the GD board, I'll ask you to look at the thread labeled "What you see happening in Washington DC now..." that resides on the free basketball boards". And yes, you just got "your ass handed to you"...

So incredibly incorrect and ignorant Pat.
First, you "liked" Milwaukee's post about Tirek "wasting a scholarship" and he is a fellow right winger of yours, so you absolutely do have a dog in this fight.

Secondly,
The guy who started that hideous thread on the BB page quickly stated he placed it in the wrong forum. Furthermore, look at the replies in that one. They appear to be about 80% right wingers.

I don't expect you to be objective when it comes to politics but the evidence on the BB and FB pages is so abundantly clear. Hell just in recent threads, you have two right wingers jumping in about politics when nothing political was even going on: Bonefish in a Shaka thread and some jackass railing against Teacher's Unions in the Nojel thread. Tons more examples. There's a group of about 5-8 posters on the freeboard BB and FB pages who regularly do this crap.

Talk about getting your ass handed to you brother!

Again, you're not objective in the least when it comes to politics and it's no surprise that you have Milwaukee's back here. Haha, so predictable.

Can we all truce to keep this to a football discussion? I'll reserve any political slant to the GD forum. I hope others do as well.

Now this is a post I can 100% get behind. If more people do what you suggested, perhaps one day the FB and BB boards will be politic-free.

Furthermore, there is no way I should have let what is written on a message board get me so emotionally charged up and hurl childish insults at you. I regret doing so Milwaukee and sincerely apologize.

One final word from me: the 2 party system in the USA is broken and am tired of the lunatics and corruption from both sides.

Just a fact Jack!
I mean, what about this move in particular says something is wrong in the Purdue program?

Kid gt busted with a large amount of pot. Probably wasn't ready to play this year anyhow.

This kid had issues, cant pawn those off on the staff.

Furthermore, there is no way I should have let what is written on a message board get me so emotionally charged up and hurl childish insults at you. I regret doing so Milwaukee and sincerely apologize.

One final word from me: the 2 party system in the USA is broken and am tired of the lunatics and corruption from both sides.
Apology accepted. I'm sure if we were at a tailgate our discussions may have raised voices, but at the end of the day, we are Americans & Boilermakers as well. Face to face, we'd probably speak our peace, yet still have a beer together before heading into the game.
2020 was so "F'd" up and sideways in Football, politics, etc. that we all vented our frustrations in non-constructive ways. If my comments about this young man came off harsh, I too apologize. I don't want to relish and see a young man suffer if that is indeed the case with his family. In the end, it is his decision, and we all move forward into 2021.
Agree, the 2 party system doesn't speak to me much anymore either. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
I thought that Murphy had a lot of potential, but his stats in HS weren't great and his highlight tapes weren't the greatest either. He was a big guy with some speed and he played a tough schedule in NYC, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
I'll go out on a limb and say he winds up at Rutgers.

Apology accepted. I'm sure if we were at a tailgate our discussions may have raised voices, but at the end of the day, we are Americans & Boilermakers as well. Face to face, we'd probably speak our peace, yet still have a beer together before heading into the game.
2020 was so "F'd" up and sideways in Football, politics, etc. that we all vented our frustrations in non-constructive ways. If my comments about this young man came off harsh, I too apologize. I don't want to relish and see a young man suffer if that is indeed the case with his family. In the end, it is his decision, and we all move forward into 2021.
Agree, the 2 party system doesn't speak to me much anymore either. I'll leave it at that.

I just re-read this whole thread and am embarrassed for having gone nuclear meltdown on you.

Thank you for accepting my apology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT