ADVERTISEMENT

Tirek Murphey vs Al-Terek Mcburse

Jan 3, 2015
I will start by saying I am totally pumped with how this class is shaping up, but I also approach with cautious optimism. My questions are what makes Murphy such a high rated recruit? His highschool stats are average, and yes I realize the offensive scheme and lack of o line play into this. Looking at film, he reminded me a lot of Al-Terek Mcburse My 2nd question is, what happened to Mcburse. I know he transfered out, but looking at his Purdue stats, he averaged almost 9 yds/carry. I know he was listed as a bust, but what happened that he didn't get more of an oppertunity. I will hang up and listen to the reply. Thanks!

1. Murphy has been testing well at Rival Camps. His high school plays tough schedule and isn’t very talented

2. He ended up at Florida A&M I believe. He had some injury and off field issues that plagued him

I will start by saying I am totally pumped with how this class is shaping up, but I also approach with cautious optimism. My questions are what makes Murphy such a high rated recruit? His highschool stats are average, and yes I realize the offensive scheme and lack of o line play into this. Looking at film, he reminded me a lot of Al-Terek Mcburse My 2nd question is, what happened to Mcburse. I know he transfered out, but looking at his Purdue stats, he averaged almost 9 yds/carry. I know he was listed as a bust, but what happened that he didn't get more of an oppertunity. I will hang up and listen to the reply. Thanks!
Murphy reminds me of Saquon Barkely , a guy that I watched play at Whitehall H.S. who really didn't have crazy H.S. career stats both have similar builds and moves.

Reactions: pboiler18
Murphy reminds me of Saquon Barkely , a guy that I watched play at Whitehall H.S. who really didn't have crazy H.S. career stats both have similar builds and moves.
I think we would be happy if he was just half as productive as Barkley.

I think he will be special though. I saw a YouTube video on Murphy and that kid is a gym rat. He also is a hard worker. It was amazing how many buses and subway rides he had to take to get to school and back home and he did that everyday.

Very happy he is going to be a Boilermaker!

1. Murphy has been testing well at Rival Camps. His high school plays tough schedule and isn’t very talented

2. He ended up at Florida A&M I believe. He had some injury and off field issues that plagued him
Mcburse was better suited to play the slot, which hope moved him to. He was never a between the tackles runner in the B1G. I think there was a family illness that drew him home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT