ADVERTISEMENT

Time to step up as fans

Aug 10, 2011
A few years ago I posted on these forums how all the fans need to close their wallets until Purdue showed us it cares about football as much as we the fans do. I know its only been three games but we can all see just how much this team has improved from the previous coach. MB2 has shown he is willing to spend money on the program and had a great hire in CJB.

Now its time for us fans to step up and do our part. After creating this thread I will be visiting the John Purdue Club website to get my membership going and you should too if you haven't already. Its time to donate money again. Its time to purchase those Purdue hoodies and jerseys for everyone in the family again. Its time to make sure you get to the game and show the players and coaches that we are with them 100%. I unfortunately live out of state but now I find myself looking at my schedule to see what I can move around to get to a game.

Obviously CJB is only 3 games into his career at Purdue but if you are like me you probably find yourself looking forward to Saturdays again. Purdue had become so bad I had forgot what it was like to wake up on Saturday mornings with that gameday feeling but now its back. Purdue Football is fun again and we as fans can make sure it stays that way. I am willing to invest in the product I have seen on the field so far. Are you?

Reactions: z_one
I rejoined JPC as soon as they hired Brohm. It certainly looked like a good decision then, and it has already become clear this is the case.

I do think JPC represents another opportunity for Bobinski. I was turned off by Nancy Cross during the whole Painter and Missouri situation (she scolded JPC members and others for not giving more), and I've never found it to be customer-led. After their massive loss in membership, they should be all over folks who rejoin. I heard nothing after I walked in their office and wrote them a nice check.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT