ADVERTISEMENT

Time to move on

I am still in the camp of keeping Brohm for as long as he wants to be our coach. 6 years, 4 bowls. One of the 2 years we didn’t make it was the COVID year (O’Connell was out the last 3 and all losses). And the other year was the year we lost 9 of our 10 best players to injury.

With the benefit of hindsight I think we can see that our offense took a huge step back at wr this year. Brohm has recruited that position well from a ranking standpoint but clearly without Bell and Wright there we don’t have anyone close to that level of wr. Not sure if that is our wrs being over rated or injuries hurting them.

What Brohm did in his first two years was nothing short of miraculous and winning 9 games in a year at Purdue is also miraculous. Unless the bottom falls out or we miss 2-3 bowls in a row I would ride Brohm.

Yep. To believe he was a successful punt returner at Iowa while having little speed is just dumb. The guy has separated from corners all year. And lately he's been banged up. But still getting open.
Banged up is the key. If he ever ran a 4.3, you can probably add a few tenths to that in his current condition.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I guess we'll find out, if he runs at the combine. The tweet that was referenced said he had 4.3 speed. Makes no difference to me either way.
It sure made a difference when you were bitching about Charlie being no talent WR and that he'd never start at Ohio St. Yet you still can't defend how Egbuka would do anything more meaningful here at Purdue. Until you do, you've lost any little hint of credibility you have. Of course, you and Lenny are always bitching about how talent is so much better everywhere else, whether that be on the BBall board or here...

I just wish Brohm would've taken the Louisville job so that we could keep beating their brains in for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately , I'm afraid Satt is learning how to coach and with his recruiting class coming in, they won't be and easy win in a couple years .

I’ve generally been a fan of Brohm but that is over as of today. Today’s game should be to Brohm what that Minnesota game was to Hope.

It’s all too much to ignore. Losing games early for the dumbest reasons to now just being completely humiliated twice, this one coming off a bye. He’s taken this team from promising to just flat out terrible.

It’s not even just his coaching either. He obviously can’t recruit either. The players are bad and they don’t seem to care. All on Brohm.

I had to laugh on the 2nd play of the 3rd quarter. They have that stopped at the Los but you have a 7th year LB out there who looks like he’s fixing the game he’s so laughably bad. arguably the most pathetic play I have ever seen by a LB.

So what are the locker room rumors that I saw referenced in the game thread? Feels like there has to be something behind closed doors.
How's this working out for ya now??? you freaking looser

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
I wanted Tressel or Tommy Bowden. At the time Tressel was sort of on triple NCAA probation for allowing his players to make money and get cars on the side! He was a coach before his time! He already had the NIL in place before they legalized it. For all those people who want Purdue to improve its NIL, Tressel would be the guy!

And Tressel would be a great recruiter! He wears that vest and tie but lies through his teeth and those 18 year olds buy into the entire lie!

But people here thought Tressel was slime and a rule breaker! As I said, he was a man before his time. Tressel had the NIL down pat and the donors were crying they couldn’t give enough money!

Tommy Bowden was a good coach but the guy who runs things down south didn’t like him. So that guy told the auburn Ad that Tommy had to go. And the ad said yes sir!

I wanted Tressel or Tommy Bowden. At the time Tressel was sort of on triple NCAA probation for allowing his players to make money and get cars on the side! He was a coach before his time! He already had the NIL in place before they legalized it. For all those people who want Purdue to improve its NIL, Tressel would be the guy!

And Tressel would be a great recruiter! He wears that vest and tie but lies through his teeth and those 18 year olds buy into the entire lie!

But people here thought Tressel was slime and a rule breaker! As I said, he was a man before his time. Tressel had the NIL down pat and the donors were crying they couldn’t give enough money!

Tommy Bowden was a good coach but the guy who runs things down south didn’t like him. So that guy told the auburn Ad that Tommy had to go. And the ad said yes sir!
do you mean Terry Bowden?

do you mean Terry Bowden?
The one who was the coach at Auburn but was fired because a certain donor who runs auburn athletics didn’t like him. He was the son of fsu’s Bobby Bowden . He was at Akron for a while. I never understood how a head coach at auburn ends up coaching Akron

It wasn't Brohm.
5d27614fd60a9.image.jpg

The one who was the coach at Auburn but was fired because a certain donor who runs auburn athletics didn’t like him. He was the son of fsu’s Bobby Bowden . He was at Akron for a while. I never understood how a head coach at auburn ends up coaching Akron
Tommy was the HC at Clemson, Terry was at Auburn, did some studio work went to Akron now at Louis. Monroe. . Somewhat similar, Joe Morehead was HC at Miss St. now HC at Akron.

Straight line speed isn't the most important for a WR, it's how fast you run your routes and how fast you are in and out of your breaks that matters. The closer that is to your top straight line speed, the better WR you are. That is what makes elite WRs like Terry McLaurin and Chris Olave special.

Reread what I posted. We lost kids for the season in 2020 prior to playing a single game. We just develop players. Purdue seemingly just wants to pass for 500 yards, and doesn't do a very good job developing positions that result in a long term winning culture. Purdue does develop some players, but apparently not the right ones, or not enough to have them much above .500 in the JB era.

FWIW, I'd trade a loss to Purdue for a B1G Championship game any day of the week. See the difference?
Hmmm. The Huskers take down the Hawkeyes and Purdue wins a Championship…🤣🤣🤣🤣

Vassar69 and GolfHacker1 are more than welcome to join for the tailgate party.
I might do that. I have a bunch of hotel rooms and tickets. Probably need to sell tk Michigan fans. Assuming Purdue fans will drive in and out. Michigan fans spend a lot of money.

The championship game is a good weekend. You’ll enjoy it.

Probably wouldn’t even start for osu. He's the best receiver in a Brohm offense that gets the lead receiver an insane amount of targets, so obviously he'll put up big numbers. He won't be drafted and isn't near the talent level of past receivers. You wouldn't recognize talent if it smacked you in the face.
Oops.

• Haha
Of no consequence.

I’ll check back after the NFL draft and we can see, with evidence, who is closer to reality. As it is, the projections right now tend to favor my position.
Of no consequence.

I’ll check back after the NFL draft and we can see, with evidence, who is closer to reality. As it is, the projections right now tend to favor my position.
Are you checking back since Charlie got drafted. Or are you just stipulating to myself being correct, and yourself, well…..

Ah, the covid year. I transposed 2020 and 2021. Yeah, we lost several kids for the season prior to that game also, and had several leave early for the NFL as well.

Good luck against Illinois.
Big Ten West trophy looks really nice. Sorry the vaunted Hawkeyes folded up like a cheap tent against the lowly Huskers.

🤣🤣🤣

BTW, how did lowly Purdue have more players drafted in 2023 than the great Iowa program? Something is amiss. Oh, I guess is must have been those NFL scouts watching and rewatching the Iowa-Nebraska game tape. How in the world did Nebraska take a 24-0 lead against the Hawkeyes? I mean Iowa is a top notch program and the Huskers came in with zero wins against Big Ten teams (unless you count IU as a Bug Ten football team).

Cough, cough, cough. Kirk Ferentz coughing up another game. Or shall I say Brian Ferentz’s inability to move the ball strikes again

Last edited:
Big Ten West trophy looks really nice. Sorry the vaunted Hawkeyes folded up like a cheap tent against the lowly Huskers.

🤣🤣🤣

BTW, how did lowly Purdue have more players drafted in 2023 than the great Iowa program? Something is amiss
Iowa did fold llke a tent. Actually they didn't fold, the offensive line was never any good from day 1. I never said anything differently.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think (imagine) will have more players from the 2023 draft stick on NFL rosters, Iowa or Purdue? I'll even let you include practice squads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT