ADVERTISEMENT

Time outs?

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
I was at the game, we assumed Rutgers called the T.O after Loyer’s 3, I was just informed it was Purdue and it allowed Spencer to get into the game. Is this correct info or is my buddy wrong, if he’s correct it turned out to be a bad time out allowing him back into the game. Personally, I’d rather let it play out and in the mayhem hopefully make Rutgers take a terrible forced shot.

I wondered about that too. Seems like it gave them the chance to not only get him in the game but also to draw things up.

I was at the game, we assumed Rutgers called the T.O after Loyer’s 3, I was just informed it was Purdue and it allowed Spencer to get into the game. Is this correct info or is my buddy wrong, if he’s correct it turned out to be a bad time out allowing him back into the game. Personally, I’d rather let it play out and in the mayhem hopefully make Rutgers take a terrible forced shot.
Also allowed Morton to go in on defense. I assume that's why it was called.

Yep, Hummel even commented that they might want that TO if this went down to the wire. I guess he didn’t figure on Purdue calling one for them.
It's one of those things that happens a lot more than I expect it to. I tend to think you should let it play out if the other team doesn't have a timeout but Rutgers is a veteran team. I'm sure Pikell doesn't necessarily need a timeout to get the correct play across to his team. And Painter definitely wanted Morton in the game, even though he gave up the basket in the end.

Good answers, I assumed it was Rutgers, wasn’t aware they didn’t have any left. Guy hit a tough shot, if he misses it I’m not writing this post. Tough loss but maybe it was because of the football injury from the Buff game but I got over it quickly. The future is bright for Purdue hoops, however, let’s be honest, they were picked 5/6 in the conference for a reason.

ADVERTISEMENT