ADVERTISEMENT

Tillman announces in two hours...

Our 'luck' has got to change eventually.....right?
I'm starting to hate MSU as much as iu.....

I have hated msu more than iu for quite some time now. Slime coach and some of the worst fans I have ever worked with.

So bad they made me appreciate iu.... yeah, let that sink in some ... :)
MSU fan = IU fan, but without a job

Reactions: Hoogolf
Izzo seen buying Kleenex boxes. Not a good sign for us Purdue knuckleheads

One Boilermaker to another.....why wait?

boilermaker-title.jpg

Recruiting site 247 already reporting that Xavier Tillman has chosen Michigan State. Not sure how they already know....Maybe his decision got leaked.

Recruiting site 247 already reporting that Xavier Tillman has chosen Michigan State. Not sure how they already know....Maybe his decision got leaked.
Could be leaked, or it's so obvious/known that they want to be the first to say it. I'm going to be disappointed but certainly no surprise here. Our record on recruits with MSU speaks for itself. I honestly had forgotten he was announcing today because I had moved on from him weeks ago.

Could be leaked, or it's so obvious/known that they want to be the first to say it. I'm going to be disappointed but certainly no surprise here. Our record on recruits with MSU speaks for itself. I honestly had forgotten he was announcing today because I had moved on from him weeks ago.
Yeah, I think it was pretty obvious he was HEAVILY leaning towards Michigan State.

Not sure he would have been an ideal fit, with the recent developments. Painter and school are demanding enough at Purdue. His new family would likely detract from him working on his game and his degree.

Reactions: Inspector100
Not sure he would have been an ideal fit, with the recent developments. Painter and school are demanding enough at Purdue. His new family would likely detract from him working on his game and his degree.

And the excuses roll on and on and on. I'm sure Painter is more demanding than national champion and multi time final 4 participant Tom Izzo

Lol that's a terrible excuse. I hope you're joking.

Reactions: cprh9u
MSU fan = IU fan, but without a job

Yea dude? Someone sent me a screenshot of this and I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I'm doing just fine over here in NYC working at one of the top ad agencies in the world. I'm not one to talk about myself, but holy shit what an asinine, childish comment. Also, if any of you people call Izzo a slimeball coach , you best stop watching college basketball because if you think that guy is dirty, the whole sport in which you follow is a farce. Good day.

Perfect time to contact Michigan State's 2 PF recruits for 2018 ! ! - Joey Hauser & Brandon Johns. (doesn't look like they have any playing time left at that position with Jackson Jr and Tillman) . . .but WE sure will by 2018 ! !

Lol that's a terrible excuse. I hope you're joking.
It's not so much an excuse for not getting him, as it is a reason I'm not upset we didn't get him, if that makes sense. Honestly not sure why CMP went so hard after a Michigan kid that Izzo was all over.

I hate MSU but it has zero to do with them getting recruits. We have lost recruits to other schools I don't dislike. I just think the program is dirty and not worthy of respect by decent people. I think eventually Desperate Tom goes the way of Joe Paterno.

As for Tillman, he is not nearly the loss that JJJ is. He will be decent player but not of the caliber that can't be replaced like JJJ imo.

Reactions: Inspector100
Yea dude? Someone sent me a screenshot of this and I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I'm doing just fine over here in NYC working at one of the top ad agencies in the world. I'm not one to talk about myself, but holy shit what an asinine, childish comment. Also, if any of you people call Izzo a slimeball coach , you best stop watching college basketball because if you think that guy is dirty, the whole sport in which you follow is a farce. Good day.
LOL - sure you are.

He has been suspended by the NCAA already.

Sorry, I don't believe you for one, NOT ONE, second. I don't believe that an NYC exec at a top ad agency is checking out the Purdue website on a Friday afternoon. Don't start to believe it.

And I used to respect Izzo, but the guy is a slime ball (and yes, many, many other coaches are slimy too) Crying when Jackson gave his commitment Didn't he get in trouble with the NCAA and have to sit out a game or something of that nature. And that's what he was caught at. How many (is it up to ten?) of his former players have been arrested, and how many things did his players get off scot free for during their time in East Lansing. The guy is absolutely a slime ball.

Oh, I'm sorry. You won't see this reply. You'll be busy at your NYC ad agency. Give me a break.

Reactions: BBG
Sorry, I don't believe you for one, NOT ONE, second. I don't believe that an NYC exec at a top ad agency is checking out the Purdue website on a Friday afternoon. Don't start to believe it.

And I used to respect Izzo, but the guy is a slime ball (and yes, many, many other coaches are slimy too) Crying when Jackson gave his commitment Didn't he get in trouble with the NCAA and have to sit out a game or something of that nature. And that's what he was caught at. How many (is it up to ten?) of his former players have been arrested, and how many things did his players get off scot free for during their time in East Lansing. The guy is absolutely a slime ball.

Oh, I'm sorry. You won't see this reply. You'll be busy at your NYC ad agency. Give me a break.

I'm not an executive, do not put words in my mouth. I'll be happy to send you my LinkedIn if I can trust you won't blast my shit all over the place. Will you trust me then?

Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Whoa.
Deep dark depression, excessive misery.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Whoa.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Anyone recognize this song snippet?
Just having fun.
I doubt the young ones will know it without Google!! Classic show.

I know the izzo hate has grown, but that seems way over the top.
Is there some news out there I'm completely unaware of?

I'm not saying it is the same scandal but it will be a scandal that eventually goes public and taints his legacy. Everyone will look back and feel foolish for falling for his act for so long. Meanwhile a few of us will just laugh and think "I knew it all along...."

That said, I think there are some parallels with the Appling/Payne stuff.

There are some certifiable OCD's showing up in this joint regarding Tom Izzo. He's a great coach and they got a solid player in Tillman. That said, Keith Appling was and still is a thug. Payne OTOH turned into a pretty good guy and upstanding citizen.

Last edited:
Please stop starting needless pissing contests people. I'm not a fan of Izzo either because of the sexual assault cover ups he likely helped orchestrate behind the scenes, but the eighth grader name calling, Liar! Liar! challenges, etc. just need to stop. We didn't get the recruit & MSU did. We are still going to beat MSU's ass this year. And Painter has pulled off some great late gets the past couple years... Decent chance he will again, so just CHILL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT