ADVERTISEMENT

Tiller "isn't doing too well" per Kevin Sumlin

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
No details but rarely does much good come after someone says that. Prayers to Joe and family.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Sumlin asks for prayers for ex <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Purdue?src=hash">#Purdue</a> coach Joe Tiller who &quot;isn&#39;t doing too well&quot; &amp; publicly thanks JT for all he&#39;s done for him.</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="">July 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There have been rumblings of this for a little while. There were pictures floating a week or so ago of Brees, Chaney and some others visiting him in Wyoming.

My best to both Tiller and Sumlin. Kevin Sumlin was one of my all-time favorite Boilers, walk-on to all-BT linebacker. We may see him back at Purdue some day at some capacity.

No details but rarely does much good come after someone says that. Prayers to Joe and family.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Sumlin asks for prayers for ex <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Purdue?src=hash">#Purdue</a> coach Joe Tiller who &quot;isn&#39;t doing too well&quot; &amp; publicly thanks JT for all he&#39;s done for him.</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href=" ">July 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
One of the photos tom schott posted showed Coach sitting in a wheelchair.

There have been rumblings of this for a little while. There were pictures floating a week or so ago of Brees, Chaney and some others visiting him in Wyoming.

It was the Tiller's 50th wedding anniversary the occasion for the visit, plus his ill health.

I have great respect for Joe Tiller and what he was able to do at Purdue. I was in my late 20's and early 30's and those were some great times to be a fan of Purdue Football, Joe Tiller, Drew Brees and the many, many fine athletes that wore the Gold and Black. I was in Minny in 2001 when Purdue pulled the rabbit out of the hat with no time left and Travis Dorsch hit that long field goal to tie the game and go into O.T. and Purdue won that game.
With Joe Tiller, Purdue was never totally out of the game in losses. You never knew how quickly we could get down the field for a TD or Field Goal. It was fun times.
My wife and I stayed at a B & B and the next morning the Minny fans could hardly speak to me with my Purdue gear on. That trip was worth every penny and then some.

I have great respect for Joe Tiller and what he was able to do at Purdue. I was in my late 20's and early 30's and those were some great times to be a fan of Purdue Football, Joe Tiller, Drew Brees and the many, many fine athletes that wore the Gold and Black. I was in Minny in 2001 when Purdue pulled the rabbit out of the hat with no time left and Travis Dorsch hit that long field goal to tie the game and go into O.T. and Purdue won that game.
With Joe Tiller, Purdue was never totally out of the game in losses. You never knew how quickly we could get down the field for a TD or Field Goal. It was fun times.
My wife and I stayed at a B & B and the next morning the Minny fans could hardly speak to me with my Purdue gear on. That trip was worth every penny and then some.

I want to add that I was also at Michigan State in 2002 and Purdue was back and forth with Michigan State, but was down late in the game and B. Kirsch gets injured. It was a cold day, Kyle Orton had the long football coat on all game and comes out for 1 play on 4th down and delivers the Hail Mary to John Standeford and Purdue wins that game proviing that it is never over till the Fat Lady Sings.

I want to add that I was also at Michigan State in 2002 and Purdue was back and forth with Michigan State, but was down late in the game and B. Kirsch gets injured. It was a cold day, Kyle Orton had the long football coat on all game and comes out for 1 play on 4th down and delivers the Hail Mary to John Standeford and Purdue wins that game proviing that it is never over till the Fat Lady Sings.
I was at that same game! Man it was cold.

Orton audibled into that play. Joe says he was on the sideline saying "no, no, no,,,,yes, yes, yes!"

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Still kicking myself for turning that game off after the kickoff with 11 seconds left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT