ADVERTISEMENT

Tight end commits

Walters is building a solid class. Obviously the results haven't been there yet, but I think people have a warped sense of expectations because of a few other high-profile coaches. I'm willing to be patient for now. But I'm also not a body language expert who constantly watches Walters' demeanor on the sidelines.

Harrel should go if walters has a chance. It does seem what he is good at is recruiting. But he needs to find assistants that can actually help with xs and os

Reactions: pboiler18
Walters is building a solid class. Obviously the results haven't been there yet, but I think people have a warped sense of expectations because of a few other high-profile coaches. I'm willing to be patient for now. But I'm also not a body language expert who constantly watches Walters' demeanor on the sidelines.
Yes he is…that’s why some people need to give the man a chance before writing him off because he’s put together a very solid class so far.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin and z_one
The point is a lot aren't seeing improvement and coaching. Galloway committing means Harrel is here to stay.
Hard to improve when the teams full of injuries at OL, WR, TE, RB, CB, K and possible QB…then sprinkle in all the transfers and freshmen to a team that was already lacking depth at most positions going into the season 🤷🏼‍♂ I’d say thats pretty frustrating and hard for a coach to improve a team in his first year that’s learning a new system. Yeah I’m not happy with the way it’s went for Harrell and the play calling but the man has been working with JV O-line talent and a WR group with no proven guys…plus throw in the 2 WR transfer they lost before the year that probably would of started. Yeah I’m frustrated on the way things are going but first years always suck with programs like Purdue that’s not full of 4*+ talent across the roster.

Last edited:
Probably not. However, it will be interesting to see what we do in the transfer portal. Every year, that is going to play a big role in the look in the team, departures and additions.
Absolutely! The transfer portal is going to make or break this team the next couple of years so hopefully Walters’s can work his recruiting magic.

Reactions: z_one
Hard to improve when the teams full of injuries at OL, WR, TE, RB, CB, K and possible QB…then sprinkle in all the transfers and freshmen to a team that was already lacking depth at most positions going into the season 🤷🏼‍♂ I’d say thats pretty frustrating and hard for a coach to improve a team in his first year that’s learning a new system. Yeah I’m not happy with the way it’s went for Harrell and the play calling but the man has been working with JV O-line talent and a WR group with no proven guys…plus throw in the 2 WR transfer they lost before the year that probably would of started. Yeah I’m frustrated on the way things are going but first years always suck with programs like Purdue that’s not full of 4*+ talent across the roster.
spoiled by Brohm's first year results with a much easier schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT