ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets to FAU Sept. 24

Sep 27, 2016
Despite living in Columbus and being the son of two OSU grads our 11 year old son is enamored with everything Purdue. I want to take him to the FAU game as a surprise but I'm not sure how individual game tickets are handled at Purdue. I know at OSU they basically don't exist and if you're lucky enough to find them you'll have to take out a second mortgage to get them. I'm hoping Purdue isn't like that.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tried the official Purdue ticket site but that's a dead end. I thought some 'insiders' on this board might know a better way.

Thanks in advance!

Stub hub works well. Don’t panic as the closer game day gets, the better the opportunity to improve seating, field position and total costs all seem to improve.
If it were a hot ticket, I may not be as nonchalant about it. I’m seeing really good tickets between the 20’s on East and West sides going for $50. Stubhub has always been a reputable source for over 12 years or more for me.

Last edited:
I would get seats on the west side so the sun sets behind you - even if its a noon game it's nice to not have to stare into the sun. Sections 123-126 are the west sideline, probably about goal line to goal line, so I would stay in those sections. Wouldn't be shocked if you get tickets for $60ish even after Stubhub fees.

Hope you enjoy your experience at Ross Ade. Your son sounds like a smart kid, where'd he get it??? :)

I would get seats on the west side so the sun sets behind you - even if its a noon game it's nice to not have to stare into the sun. Sections 123-126 are the west sideline, probably about goal line to goal line, so I would stay in those sections. Wouldn't be shocked if you get tickets for $60ish even after Stubhub fees.

Hope you enjoy your experience at Ross Ade. Your son sounds like a smart kid, where'd he get it??? :)
LOL. Yep, he's extremely precocious. Only 11 years old and he's figuring out things like lift, drag coefficients and Delta-V's necessary for various orbital altitudes. He wants to major in aeronautical engineering at Purdue, then hopefully get a position at NASA or Space-X. I'm going to feed the heck out of that passion.
To answer your question, I think he clearly gets it from his mother:p

Night game

Reactions: Hausta01
I tried the official Purdue ticket site but that's a dead end.
Individual game tickets will ultimately be for sale there, but they hold off a bit while they try to drum up interest in season tickets, partial-season plans, group sales, etc.

I would not consider this to be a terribly "hot" game, but on the other hand it is Homecoming and that normally draws a bigger crowd. On the other hand, it's a night game, and fans either love or hate that so it tempers demand.

If you want to tailgate, you might want to start trolling StubHub for a parking pass. I recommend D/T lots northwest of the stadium in the golf course. The paved lot immediately north of the stadium is also fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Make sure to get your pics with Neil Armstrong statue. Being homecoming, see if there are any A.E. tour or events earlier in the day.

Reactions: Coucy
Update: Thanks everyone for the responses! Stub Hub definitely delivered.
We got 3 seats in section 105H row 66. I know it's in the nosebleeds but they will
work out just fine.
As the game nears I'll probably bug you about gameday do's and do not's, traditional on campus eateries
and all that stuff.

Little man won't know he's going until Saturday morning. He is going to be absolutely stoked!

And I'd like to add another "thanks" for treating a Buckeye better than the Boilers did in 2018 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pboiler18
Update: Thanks everyone for the responses! Stub Hub definitely delivered.
We got 3 seats in section 105H row 66. I know it's in the nosebleeds but they will
work out just fine.
As the game nears I'll probably bug you about gameday do's and do not's, traditional on campus eateries
and all that stuff.

Little man won't know he's going until Saturday morning. He is going to be absolutely stoked!

And I'd like to add another "thanks" for treating a Buckeye better than the Boilers did in 2018 :)
The three of yous should go to triple X for burgers and root beer. No you don’t need to get the pervis burger

Hi all. The FAU game is approaching and I have an itinerary set. Please let me know if I'm way off base on this and if you have any other suggestions I will be appreciative.

-Staying at the Red Roof West Lafayette
-Hoping there are parking spots available around 1:30 at either Chauncey Hill Mall, Purdue West Shopping Plaza, Grant St. Garage, or University North Street Garage
-We are going to hit Follett's, University Bookstore, Armstrong Hall, Grissom Hall, Chaffee Hall (My son wants to honor their memory for the Apollo 1 tragedy), Student Union, and Thrill At The Hill. We will fill the time left over just walking around campus. Is Triple X too far to walk for a bite to eat? Are there any other campus tradition type eateries we should visit?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. The FAU game is approaching and I have an itinerary set. Please let me know if I'm way off base on this and if you have any other suggestions I will be appreciative.

-Hoping there are parking spots available around 1:30 at either Chauncey Hill Mall, Purdue West Shopping Plaza, Grant St. Garage, or University North Street Garage
-We are going to hit Follett's, University Bookstore, Armstrong Hall, Grissom Hall, Chaffee Hall (My son wants to honor their memory for the Apollo 1 tragedy), Student Union, and Thrill At The Hill. We will fill the time left over just walking around campus. Is Triple X too far to walk for a bite to eat? Are there any other campus tradition type eateries we should visit?

Thanks in advance.
Mackey Arena will be open. Be nice to show the kid one of THE BEST hoops Arena's across the land.

Thanks in advance.
You should definitely be fine at that time for parking...may even be able to find street parking at that time without a ton of trouble, and, for free.

Triple XXX is a bit ambitious...certainly doable, but, not as if it is down the street either unfortunately...closer to Student Union than anything else on your list.

Definitely should try to see the Engineering Fountain in the "center" of campus. I know the band generally performs there after games...may not because of the later start.

Mackey is a no-brainer, and, they usually have activities on the back side of it before the game in the plaza between it and Holloway Gym...can be fun to watch the team walk over to Ross-Ade from the Football Performance Complex right behind Holloway (and, they cross right in front of Holloway).

Supposed to be great weather on Saturday as well, so, hopefully that holds true for you guys.

If your son is into astronauts and history:

This Saturday, as a part of Homecoming celebrations, join Archives for a special Open House event from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM! Visitors will be able to view the "Apollo Footprints: A View into the Science and Legacy of Apollo 17" and enjoy some cookies before the big game!"

4th Floor HSSE Library, Stewart Center (near the Union)

Reactions: Coucy and DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT