ADVERTISEMENT

Threats Decommits

Happens. Best of luck to the young man. We are kinda stacked right now with young talented RBs
Thrown in the fact Brohm likes to run a bit with the WRs.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
that would be interesting if brohm could flip Irving away from a successful run oriented team at Minn to come to a pass happy team at Purdue.

Happens. Best of luck to the young man. We are kinda stacked right now with young talented RBs
Thrown in the fact Brohm likes to run a bit with the WRs.
Those sorts of things are going to happen when a young man realizes he’s probably not going to be able to break through into the starting lineup without injuries and or a bigger effort on his part over the next couple of years.
It sounds like there is quite a bit of insecurity there but that’s OK. He will land somewhere in a situation where the running back group is thin and either he will shine or he won’t. Best of luck to him though

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
There is a 4* RB out of Texas that is interested in Purdue! Texas Tech is the current leader, but he shows a warm for Purdue!

as to an earlier post, when Threat first committed to Purdue, it was reported that several of his other offers were from schools wanting him to play DB, but he liked Purdue because Purdue’s offer was to play RB. I’m not sure if he is a better RB or DB. I trust he will find out and find a home somewhere

he would have been a nice addition but we currently have a pretty good RB who will be around for awhile.

I wish him well .

There is a 4* RB out of Texas that is interested in Purdue! Texas Tech is the current leader, but he shows a warm for Purdue!

as to an earlier post, when Threat first committed to Purdue, it was reported that several of his other offers were from schools wanting him to play DB, but he liked Purdue because Purdue’s offer was to play RB. I’m not sure if he is a better RB or DB. I trust he will find out and find a home somewhere

he would have been a nice addition but we currently have a pretty good RB who will be around for awhile.

I wish him well .

Thanks for the clarification!

Nebraska’s best Wr just left for TCU. Transfers and decommits happen to everybody. However OSU just stole one from somebody maybe Clemson again.

Translation: I wasn't going to get any playing time at RB, therefore, I'm looking at MAC schools.

Translation: I wasn't going to get any playing time at RB, therefore, I'm looking at MAC schools.

Possible.

Another translation: I was being recruited as an ATHLETE, by a P5 school looking to get me on the field as soon as possible, so I'm going to find another school who will promise me I'll play RB.

Things aren't always as the self-professed, all-knowing prognosticators on this board claim they are.

Spielman was on pace to be Nebraska’s all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards. Must really dislike Scott Frost to walk away from that.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Hes not a running back I don't know who told you this but he is a wide receiver. He is Moore In a Nebraska uniform Yes he will run a lot but hes a receiver.
Because he lined up in the backfield the entire game against us.

Because he carried the ball 88 times and caught 40 passes last year.

I remember that we recruited him as a RB.

He's both. Whatevs. Apparently we're not talking about him anyway.

Reactions: Purdue85
Because he lined up in the backfield the entire game against us.

Because he carried the ball 88 times and caught 40 passes last year.

I remember that we recruited him as a RB.

He's both. Whatevs. Apparently we're not talking about him anyway.
We werent recruiting him as a RB.

I don't think that argument was being made.

Plus, I don't think Nebraska recruited him as a RB, either. Nor do they list him as such.
He literally said at the end of his post we were recruiting him as a rb

He literally said at the end of his post we were recruiting him as a rb

I think we're talking across each other.

I see what you were responding to.

I was pointing to the bigger picture of what he's playing at Nebraska.

I really question what fans here know about what/how we're truly recruiting a player (or how we have recruited a particular player in the past). People (including recruits) frequently hear what they want to hear, or key on something they think they don't want to hear.

I think the same type of thing happened with Threats... people here claiming some type of divine knowledge of what he would play at Purdue.

Just random rambling, but hopefully you get my point.

Doesn't matter now but I was mistaken I guess. When I see APB, I automatically think Running back. Not always the case I know. Either way, this thread isn't about him anyway.

If you followed Threats on twitter you would know that he was very pro Purdue, even 3 days before he announced he was leaving.

If you followed Jackson On Instagram, you would know that he has been recruiting Irving. He posted some snaps that showed somebody on Instagram. One of those said markiese and he left the name off the second one. 2 days later, Threats announced he was leaving.

I am not saying Irving is going to commit, but it would make sense if Threats learned somebody was coming in at RB. If Purdue said they were only taking one, that would push him to DB (in honesty that is where he would play at the next level but he wants to be a RB).

If Purdue manages to take Irving and Jackson from Minnesota, that is a huge win win. I think Irving is going to be a Star, so I am hoping this is what happens.

I want to point out that Threats was awesome. He was very pro Purdue and was recruiting. I am very sad to see him go and I really hope he comes back as a DB. He is going to be a star, especially if he goes as a DB (he has potential to be an all conference DB.) His ceiling won’t be as high at RB, but he is a very good athlete. If he goes to a Mac school, I see him doing very well. But either way, he is without a doubt a power conference talent.

I think Purdue was hoping to land Grigsby or the other duo form Louisiana. That fell through so now they are trying elsewhere.

And my final point on this topic is that I think if we play football, Purdue could legitimately win the West. This would help seal the deal on some guys if Purdue comes out hot. And it’s odd, but losing those non-con games helped Purdue’s chances to make some noise.

Spielman was on pace to be Nebraska’s all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards. Must really dislike Scott Frost to walk away from that.
An article said that he took a leave in March and he never came back. He did not see eye to eye with Frost, so it was not surprising for the team.

Threats has been getting contacted by other P5 programs, according to the ND site. He told them he rushed his decision and wants to slow it down and be more informed. According to that site those schools haven’t offered yet, but are now speaking with him and he thinks he is getting offers soon.

Threats has been getting contacted by other P5 programs, according to the ND site. He told them he rushed his decision and wants to slow it down and be more informed. According to that site those schools haven’t offered yet, but are now speaking with him and he thinks he is getting offers soon.

His loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT