ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the lineup change

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
How is everyone feeling about the change in the lineup.

Did it help? Will we continue to start Newman?

My thoughts are that I really like the change. Purdue absolutely has to show teams new wrinkles this time of year as our offense and defense has been scouted to death and teams are taking advantage of some holes we have. I applaud Painter for making some changes to show news looks for teams expecting to double Zach or take advantage of Loyers size in defense. I also like the TKR with Edey wrinkle as it helps punish teams for doubling Zach as TKR can fill it up as well. The high low action was beautiful to watch as well.

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on changing things up as we head into March?

I like it from the standpoint of getting more scorers on the floor early. Particularly early in the 2nd half.

My thoughts are that I really like the change. Purdue absolutely has to show teams new wrinkles this time of year as our offense and defense has been scouted to death and teams are taking advantage of some holes we have. I applaud Painter for making some changes to show news looks for teams expecting to double Zach or take advantage of Loyers size in defense. I also like the TKR with Edey wrinkle as it helps punish teams for doubling Zach as TKR can fill it up as well. The high low action was beautiful to watch as well.

You better come with a few new wrinkles to get far in the tournament watching Alabama vs Texas A&M to win on the road in a nutrall site we have to be ready for anything

I think it gets Newman more engaged in the game when he is a starter. Morton was good last year as a super sub.

And he did well against Wisky as a sub too.

That makes sense about Newman. Maybe start him and run a few sets for him to get him engaged. Get him an open three in rhythm, and then also something where he can drive or get a mid range pull up.

And he did well against Wisky as a sub too.

That makes sense about Newman. Maybe start him and run a few sets for him to get him engaged. Get him an open three in rhythm, and then also something where he can drive or get a mid range pull up.
I like him playing defense on the perimeter as well. He can be disruptive up there.

Like Newman getting more emphasis vs Morton, like TKR in there with Zach at times for a new wrinkle that other teams have to think about especially when they are “gang” rebounding. As much as either of those it shows some willingness by CMP to being flexible and trying a few things late in the year.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I like the change. Newman needs some confidence and once he gets it, he could be a big help. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the basket or shoot some pull up jumpers around 12 feet. He has a midrange game. Morton with a nice job hitting a couple of 3s. The opposition knows his defensive mobility is good but not great at this point. He has been exposed a bit.

Like Newman over Morton...let Morton come off the bench. Even though Morton is good defensively...Morton has difficulty guarding athletic, quick players...i.e Schifino. Also...I like Jenkins for more minutes in the postseason because his experience will help there.

Reactions: rjmpu82

Liked all of it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT