ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson Highlights

Roeder

Junior
Jun 21, 2007
Here is a new highlight video of Isaiah Thompson I hadn't seen posted yet. Needs strength to defend at B1G level, but think he is very underrated. Can light it up from 3 and also showed some nice vision on a couple assists. He might turn into a Travis Trice type of PG in 4 years at Purdue.

Last edited:
Here is a new highlight video of Isaiah Thompson I hadn't seen posted yet. Needs strength to defend at B1G level, but think he is very underrated. Can light it up from 3 and also showed some nice vision on a couple assists. He might turn into a Travis Trice type of PG in 4 years at Purdue.

I think he's going to a very good PG by the time he's finished. I do agree that he needs the weight room.

Imagine thinking this kid isnt good at basketball

Lolbay area boiler always and forever

Imagine thinking this kid isnt good at basketball

Lolbay area boiler always and forever

Imagine pointing out that a kid who is 160 lbs needs a few years to come into his own before he can really contribute or take on a major role and then somehow construe that to mean he isn’t good at basketball? Literally 80% of the video is of him spotting up and shooting, in an AAU game nonetheless.

It’s a highlight tape moron. Every highlight tape makes a player look good. Saying IT won’t start for 4 years because physically he won’t be ready and then equating that to him “not being good at basketball”, is your worst take by far and that’s tough to do considering you have the following takes:

-Romeo Langford won’t be one of the 5 best freshman in the B10
-MSU won’t finish in the top 7 of the B10
-Illinois will finish ahead of MSU

At this point you’re better off trying to convince me that Friday comes before Tuesday. You don’t have an ounce of a clue as to what you’re talking about, and the more you say of one thing, I have the upmost confidence the opposite of whatever you’re saying will occur. You’re a mush.

Trice is a pretty good career comparison although he’s a little bit bigger than IT. Trice didn’t start a game until he’s junior year where he started 8 games and then started just about every game as a senior. I could see IT taking on a similar path assuming he’s able to add the weight to support his frame.

Trice is a pretty good career comparison although he’s a little bit bigger than IT. Trice didn’t start a game until he’s junior year where he started 8 games and then started just about every game as a senior. I could see IT taking on a similar path assuming he’s able to add the weight to support his frame.
Unfortunately, when you’re giving scholarships to multiple walk-ons, you don’t have the luxury of waiting.

ISAIAH THOMPSON - INDY HEAT (IN)
Peach Jam stats: 14.4 PPG, 53.2 FG%, 46.4 3PT%, 2.6 RPG, 3.0 APG (2-3 record)

Isaiah Thompson missed the entire regular season for the Indy Heat, and man, it would have been cool to see what the Heat would have looked like with him at full strength. Peach Jam provided a glimpse into what Purdue is going to get from their verbal commitment in 2019, as Thompson picked up right where he left off before his injury. His shooting percentages stand out, and his confidence and aggressiveness were in mid-season form.

He'll be relied on too soon, just like his brother was. Marginal high level D1 talent, which I'm sure was offered due to family connections. Really hope we can add some explosiveness in the backcourt and IT finds his proper role supporting that.

He's working at it...…...
looks like 295 lbs..pretty good. He is skilled and quick enough he could guard Phinesse a couple of years ago. If he has any where near the same values as PJ....Purdue has a player to make the pieces go together. Matt knows the family...plus. He is taller and obviously a higher shooting pocket than PJ..plus. He has the vision as well. Not going to leave people gasping at his athleticism, but not without it either. A solid player for Purdue that will win games I expect...

oops never saw someone said it was 300# and missed the 2.5s on each side. I'm pretty impressed with 300 for a guy in high school that is a basketball player...AND 160 lbs????

Unfortunately, when you’re giving scholarships to multiple walk-ons, you don’t have the luxury of waiting.
Dude - those are one year scholarships, we have 13 available, and CMP plays 8-9 guys...do the math: we either need 4-5 scholarship players who are happy to sit and wait their turn or leave some scholarships unused, if we don’t want walkons.

Reactions: tjreese
Just remember, its only the trolls who want to focus on IT's size, because hes so skilled they cant hammer away there.

Fast forward to 1:20

"Hes a smaller 2 guard. Sometimes that bothers people, that doesnt me. I think the games about quickness. The games about skill." - Matt Painter

The game is about quickness and skill, and IT possesses both in abundance.

Reactions: Fansince72
Please list a dozen or so NCAA tournament teams from last year that had 11 man rotations.

Both of the back to back Wisconsin final four teams with Frank the Tank, Dekker, etc only had 7 guys who played 10 or more minutes per game.

7 man rotation. 8-9 is like the sweet spot. I think 8 is perfect.

Please list a dozen or so NCAA tournament teams from last year that had 11 man rotations.
maybe WVU teams that constantly press and run have deep benches, but a team like Purdue is pretty much never going to go 11 deep, some guys will turn out better than others so while the deep bench hype starts every season it pretty much never comes to fruition

Imagine pointing out that a kid who is 160 lbs needs a few years to come into his own before he can really contribute or take on a major role and then somehow construe that to mean he isn’t good at basketball? Literally 80% of the video is of him spotting up and shooting, in an AAU game nonetheless.

It’s a highlight tape moron. Every highlight tape makes a player look good. Saying IT won’t start for 4 years because physically he won’t be ready and then equating that to him “not being good at basketball”, is your worst take by far and that’s tough to do considering you have the following takes:

-Romeo Langford won’t be one of the 5 best freshman in the B10
-MSU won’t finish in the top 7 of the B10
-Illinois will finish ahead of MSU

At this point you’re better off trying to convince me that Friday comes before Tuesday. You don’t have an ounce of a clue as to what you’re talking about, and the more you say of one thing, I have the upmost confidence the opposite of whatever you’re saying will occur. You’re a mush.

Mgkcbb: “Romeo Langford is a poor man’s Isaiah Thompson.”

ADVERTISEMENT