ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Aloysious Barr

boiler in bloomington

True Freshman
Apr 4, 2007
My best friend Tom Barr (TBarr) passed away last night in Albuquerque, NM. TBarr, class of '82, was the youngest of 5 brothers to play for the Boilers,
all following in their father Jerome's footsteps. TBarr played back-up tight end to All-American Dave Young and was a member of 3 winning bowl teams.
It was never a dull moment when he was around, that was for sure. For those that never had a chance to meet him, Pete Quinn, Jim Fritzsche and others
from that era, they don't make 'em like those guys anymore. RIP Brother.

I remember the Barr brothers.I think they were from Greenfield.Rest in peace Tom.Help me out here please.They were Tom,Jim,Phil and Chris.Who was the fifth one?Thanks.

Mike, played with Butz, Danialson, Armstrong......Class 69-73

My best friend Tom Barr (TBarr) passed away last night in Albuquerque, NM. TBarr, class of '82, was the youngest of 5 brothers to play for the Boilers,
all following in their father Jerome's footsteps. TBarr played back-up tight end to All-American Dave Young and was a member of 3 winning bowl teams.
It was never a dull moment when he was around, that was for sure. For those that never had a chance to meet him, Pete Quinn, Jim Fritzsche and others
from that era, they don't make 'em like those guys anymore. RIP Brother.
One of those brothers (Phil) texted me two days ago looking for some phone numbers. I tailgated with the Barr's for the 1981 Notre Dame (Tom played) game where Steve Bryant caught the TD and 2 pt conversion to beat Notre Dame in the final seconds???
I'm sorry for your loss and will share my sentiments with Phil and our group that met for a few days for Homecoming. :(

I remember the Barr brothers.I think they were from Greenfield.Rest in peace Tom.Help me out here please.They were Tom,Jim,Phil and Chris.Who was the fifth one?Thanks.
New Castle and still has a sister there I believe.

Tom played for the Greensburg Pirates and his older brothers played at New Castle.
I thought they all were at New Castle...didn't know or remember Tom didn't. FWIW, Phil lives in Portland...a broker for real estate in case you know him
102413_12152006145122.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT