ADVERTISEMENT

This years team

JI's dribble drive was always there, but needed that with spacing and the NBA provides that. You've got to give it to JI for working hard on his shot which he knew would provide him a higher draft pick and it worked. Pretty sure he is the #2 efficient rookie behind Banchero. If so, he's already exceeding his draft pick.

His show boating and me first attitude, his lack of defense, his meltdown that cost us the game against St Peters, his inability to dominate games. He is the most overrated Purdue player I can ever remember.
And you wonder why you catch so much shit. Because you can’t help but say really stupid shit like this.

Reactions: Boiler_HD
And you wonder why you catch so much shit. Because you can’t help but say really stupid shit like this.

Did you see him get Td up for celebrating after a dunk in a game they lost by 20 last week?

I know exactly why I catch shit, I post about things that are controversial sonetimes

You coach who you have. Given his team, CMP ran it the best way he could. Sure JI's game had holes and was at times frustrating. Being centric on this negativity at this point is kind of pointless imo.

I talk about it because its interesting to me. Im a football guy, Im learning more about bb xs and os and what makes for winning basketball

And there were many on here who said the motion offense didn't need a true point guard. We're seeing how smart they were as well...

And to be fair, Smith has been able to get his own shot on numerous occasions this year...
to add to what I previously wrote. I think Braden would " also" be a very good player in a dribble drive offense which is opposite of motion in many ways and yet both are read offenses and quite possibly more important to a dribble drive offense than motion which is fundamentally hurt by the shot clock. However, a team with many quick hitters and many more sets decrease some that skill set needs (Cline/Carsen).

He is a very good ball player that brings some skills that are not duplicated on this team, but could also play the 2 well if you had a good 1. I think the key is that Braden "reads" things well and would be good in both types of offenses with a dribble drive getting the edge on importance of his particular skills

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT