ADVERTISEMENT

This will be the final B1G-ACC Challenge

I thought I read there will be ACC SEC challenge announced.

Yes I think that was a subsequent tweet from Katz. And the B12 - SEC challenge ends this year as well, the pieces fit too well for the major Fox conferences to not play against each other.

Of course we would end up just playing K-State or Texas Tech every year instead of getting Baylor/Kansas/Texas.

Yes I think that was a subsequent tweet from Katz. And the B12 - SEC challenge ends this year as well, the pieces fit too well for the major Fox conferences to not play against each other.

Of course we would end up just playing K-State or Texas Tech every year instead of getting Baylor/Kansas/Texas.
I would take Tech because they are consistently tough defensively but your point still stands.

With the new TV deals, I do wonder the challenges of scheduling a team like Duke or another ACC team?

I would take Tech because they are consistently tough defensively but your point still stands.

With the new TV deals, I do wonder the challenges of scheduling a team like Duke or another ACC team?

Not sure on that. I am guessing it would just be whoever has the home court or what network picks up that event/tournament.

I don't know, but I think CBS still has rights to some games but don't think those happen until after football season. Seems like a good opportunity to try and get some eyes on a November/December weeknight with a marquee match-up. But that probably interferes with reruns of terrible drama/sitcoms

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Not a challenge as the AD has the final say over it.

I do believe they are cutting it because they do a lot of the logistics/set up of it and then they would lose the home games the BIG has to Fox or other networks. This is all because of the new deal we signed with CBS/Fox/NBC this past year. We basically cut ESPN out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT