ADVERTISEMENT

This makes me smile. Coffee slinger complains about 'low' pay

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I love when people with no skills complain about getting paid like people with no skills. A monkey can be taught to make a coffee drink, yet this snowflake, who has absolutely zero understanding about economics or business, is whining that he isn't paid more.
You want to make more money? Take all that crap out of your face, get an education, make yourself more valuable to an employer and you'll get paid more.
I'm guessing we all know who he voted for.....

I love when people with no skills complain about getting paid like people with no skills. A monkey can be taught to make a coffee drink, yet this snowflake, who has absolutely zero understanding about economics or business, is whining that he isn't paid more.
You want to make more money? Take all that crap out of your face, get an education, make yourself more valuable to an employer and you'll get paid more.

I never understand who buys these anyway. I drink plenty of coffee but its not hard to make. Besides coming with a breakfast meal or occasionally with breakfast at a restaurant the only few times Ive ever bought coffee as a stand alone is late night driving at a truck stop .

It's called entitlement. And there are loads of it from that generation....

Best example of inflation.

Barista wants to make more than 2.5 cups ($11/hr) of coffee per hour, the barista asks for a raise. 5bux raises barista’s wages to $15/hr and raise the price of a cappuccino to $6. When the price goes up, barista asks for another raise. Rinse and repeat.

Solution
If the barista wants to have more money, stop buying coffee at 5bux and buy pods, or better yet, grounds and a Mr Coffee or even instant (gasp).

Or get a better job so the once-poor barista can buy a coffee at 5bux.

But the barista didn’t take economics and is stuck in a vicious cycle of inflation.

🤔. Sounds about right for 2022 and is a great example of liberal thinking. Raise wages and keep costs the same. Business should just make less money. Following liberal thinking, business decides to not raise costs while raising wages and after 3 years (or one COVID year) and said coffee shop is out of business and the barista is out of a job.🤔

Barista wants to make more than 2.5 cups ($11/hr) of coffee per hour, the barista asks for a raise. 5bux raises barista’s wages to $15/hr and raise the price of a cappuccino to $6. When the price goes up, barista asks for another raise. Rinse and repeat.

Solution
If the barista wants to have more money, stop buying coffee at 5bux and buy pods, or better yet, grounds and a Mr Coffee or even instant (gasp).

But the barista didn’t take economics and is stuck in a vicious cycle of inflation.

🤔. Sounds about right for 2022 and is a great example of liberal thinking. Raise wages and keep costs the same. Business should just make less money. Following liberal thinking, business decides to not raise costs while raising wages and after 3 years (or one COVID year) and said coffee shop is out of business and the barista is out of a job.🤔
It's really just a lack of education and inability to think critically or analytically. This guy is clearly short sighted and can't analyze the equation beyond "2 cups of coffee=$15. I make $15 per hour. I'm getting screwed". I doubt he went to college and if he did, he probably got some worthless degree in something like, gender studies. Thus, why he slings coffee.

There's a reason there's an upper, middle and lower class when it comes to socio-economics. Not everyone has the brains, and many more don't have the will to do what it takes to move up that ladder.

Reactions: TheGunner
To @HoosierfanJM 's credit, he did not once complain about his pay at McDonald's when he mentioned his job during his brief stay here last week, before slinking back to his beloved LEOoozers forum.

To @HoosierfanJM 's credit, he did not once complain about his pay at McDonald's when he mentioned his job during his brief stay here last week, before slinking back to his beloved LEOoozers forum.
Lol

Hey @Riveting- ; you are so very savvy, so I'm sure you'll be there to enlighten all about whether I post under a different forum and if so, with which name? Hint - it's clearly not rivals (easy to confirm).

BTW, I'm also impressed that you never complain about the pay at your job as a U.S. Congresswoman. Better bundle up soon. It gets cold in the 5th!

Lol

Hey @Riveting- ; you are so very savvy, so I'm sure you'll be there to enlighten all about whether I post under a different forum and if so, with which name? Hint - it's clearly not rivals (easy to confirm).

BTW, I'm also impressed that you never complain about the pay at your job as a U.S. Congresswoman. Better bundle up soon. It gets cold in the 5th!
Impressed. How did you track me down?

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
PS, where do you slink off to if not LEOoozer nation?
  1. All but asking "Do you still beat your wife?" by supplying your opinion and attributing it to me. So, for the record, I do not slink! (Okay; we all have busy lives and maybe slink a tiny bit occasionally, but suffice to say, by nature I am not a 'slinker').
  2. I would think that a Congresswoman of your national notoriety would be able to figure if and where else I post.

1. All but asking "Do you still beat your wife?" by supplying your opinion and attributing it to me. So, for the record, I do not slink! (Okay; we all have busy lives and maybe slink a tiny bit occasionally, but suffice to say, by nature I am not a 'slinker').
  2. I would think that a Congresswoman of your national notoriety would be able to figure if and where else I post.
No, I am strongly against the police state/big tech establishment and opposed by same, so I cannot and will not track you down.

Further, I never suggested you had a wife (or other sig other), nor that you are cis, sis, bi or even free spirit (not sure what the last one means) - only that you are part of LEOoozer nation. You can deny the latter if you find it humiliating.

No, I am strongly against the police state/big tech establishment and opposed by same, so I cannot and will not track you down.

Further, I never suggested you had a wife (or other sig other), nor that you are cis, sis, bi or even free spirit (not sure what the last one means) - only that you are part of LEOoozer nation. You can deny the latter if you find it humiliating.
Arrrghh you did it again:

"You can deny the latter" (fine) "if you find it humiliating" (loaded response with assumption by you).

For instance, "Riveting, I understand you root against Indiana University. It's fine that you root against them as long as you continue to stick a rotten mackerel up your nose."

Hopefully you only use this method of interaction on anonymous message boards; would think it would be maddening in the real world and I cannot imagine anyone not seeing through it.

PS: I am not sure if I am cis, bi, sis, sisbismis, sis-boom-bis, suissemiss, mis-fish, or any combination of those lol.

Last edited:
Arrrghh you did it again:

"You can deny the latter" (fine) "if you find it humiliating" (loaded response with assumption by you).

For instance, "Riveting, I understand you root against Indiana University. It's fine that you root against them as long as you continue to stick a rotten mackerel up your nose."

Hopefully you only use this method of interaction on anonymous message boards; would think it would be maddening in the real world and I cannot imagine anyone not seeing through it.

PS: I am not sure if I am cis, bi, sis, sisbismis, sis-boom-bis, suissemiss, mis-fish, or any combination of those lol.
Correct. I never use it in interacting with constituents.

Didn't HC stick mackerels up her nose as a health measure? Or was that hot chili peppers? Something strange, whatever it was.

You forgot sis boom bah, but otherwise quite a nice list. In appreciation, I will pull for the leoozers not to lose to the Mightly Vandals by more than 3 touchdowns.

All in good fun...

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Correct. I never use it in interacting with constituents.

Didn't HC stick mackerels up her nose as a health measure? Or was that hot chili peppers? Something strange, whatever it was.

You forgot sis boom bah, but otherwise quite a nice list. In appreciation, I will pull for the leoozers not to lose to the Mightly Vandals by more than 3 touchdowns.

All in good fun...

Her nose? No, not her nose.

• Wow
Reactions: Riveting-

Solution

Why not just tell him he can have his raise, but he'll have to pay rent for space and equipment, buy the products from the owner (at cost at least), pay for advertising, healthcare, insurance, etc. Heck, tripple his pay and see what happens. My guess he'd be wishing he was still making his $15/hr real quick.

Reactions: bonefish1
Holy mackerel!
Great news for you. I have moved you into my top jousting rankings, along with @Droid12345. Now there are two in the top rankings.

However, to be fully worthy, you will each need to come up with new and dignified screen names. I can help with that and will come up with ideas for each of you.

In fact, how about Jolly Mackerel for you? Perfect, is it not, JM?

Great news for you. I have moved you into my top jousting rankings, along with @Droid12345. Now there are two in the top rankings.

However, to be fully worthy, you will each need to come up with new and dignified screen names. I can help with that and will come up with ideas for each of you.

In fact, how about Jolly Mackerel for you? Perfect, is it not, JM?

I now count Abugabby and Riveting among those that do not think I'm an asshole.

Quite a resume.

I now count Abugabby and Riveting among those that do not think I'm an asshole.

Quite a resume.
I didn't say that.... but it is true.

Don't know of Abugabby, but his username is not nearly as nifty as your new one will be as soon as you adopt it.

I didn't say that.... but it is true.

Don't know of Abugabby, but his username is not nearly as nifty as your new one will be as soon as you adopt it.
For you, feel free to assume that the JM stands for jolly mackerel.

Now go defund something for us, will ya?

For you, feel free to assume that the JM stands for jolly mackerel.

Now go defund something for us, will ya?
Not until after the midterms, but I am keeping a long list.

First off, funding for our corrupt FBI to go to local police agencies that have been downfunded...

It's really just a lack of education and inability to think critically or analytically. This guy is clearly short sighted and can't analyze the equation beyond "2 cups of coffee=$15. I make $15 per hour. I'm getting screwed". I doubt he went to college and if he did, he probably got some worthless degree in something like, gender studies. Thus, why he slings coffee.

There's a reason there's an upper, middle and lower class when it comes to socio-economics. Not everyone has the brains, and many more don't have the will to do what it takes to move up that ladder.
How many male professionals have nose rings?

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
Not until after the midterms, but I am keeping a long list.

First off, funding for our corrupt FBI to go to local police agencies that have been downfunded...
Yes. Because the FBI planted the docs that Trump tried to voluntarily give them and Trump had already declassified and weren’t about nuclear codes but were attorney/client privileged and included his passport and support law enforcement but not them and not this time and I “have only the best people” but not my appointed FBI Director or Attorney General or other Attorney General or Defense Secretary or next Defense Secretary or personal attorney or Communications Director or Economic Advisor or Secretary of State or Chief of Staff or next Chief of Staff or third Chief of Staff or NSC Director or next NSC Director or Joint Chief or blah blahblahblahblah

Last edited:
Yes. Because the FBI planted the docs that Trump tried to voluntarily give them and Trump had already declassified and weren’t about nuclear codes but were attorney/client privileged and included his passport and support law enforcement but not them and not this time and I “have only the best people” but not my appointed FBI Director or Attorney General or other Attorney General or Defense Secretary or next Defense Secretary or personal attorney or Economic Advisor or Secretary of State or Chief of Staff or next Chief of Staff or third Chief of Staff or NSC Director or next NSC Director or Joint Chief or blah blahblahblahblah
No, JMac, because the FBI was directly involved in using the planted Steele dossier.

They did it before, so why do you doubt that they would do it again?

Very few on this forum could have pulled off that reply so adroitly. You just may move ahead of @Droid12345 in the jousting index, especially if he/she/they/it continues to hide in embarrassment over that screen name.

Yes. Because the FBI planted the docs that Trump tried to voluntarily give them and Trump had already declassified and weren’t about nuclear codes but were attorney/client privileged and included his passport and support law enforcement but not them and not this time and I “have only the best people” but not my appointed FBI Director or Attorney General or other Attorney General or Defense Secretary or next Defense Secretary or personal attorney or Communications Director or Economic Advisor or Secretary of State or Chief of Staff or next Chief of Staff or third Chief of Staff or NSC Director or next NSC Director or Joint Chief or blah blahblahblahblah
Brilliant!

Solution

In your example your assuming a cup of coffee cost $4.40 ($11/2.5). You then say if they raise his wages to $15 per hour they would need to charge $6 per drink. Given that scenario, the barista would only need to make 2.5 cups of coffee in a hour to cover his increase in pay.

In reality if the guy made 25 cups of coffee a hour the increase in price would only need to be 16 cents per cup (25 X .16 cents) to cover his $4.00 raise. Using your numbers if the average cost of a cup of coffee went from $4.40 to $4.56 that would be a price increase of 3.6% and the guy would get a 36% raise.

Last edited:

In typical Bonefish1 fashion, you look down on someone because of their profession. You prove your bigotry everyday.

In typical Bonefish1 fashion, you look down on someone because of their profession. You prove your bigotry everyday.
You’re babbling early. Did the home get everybody up for landscaping duty before the sun came up?

In your example your assuming a cup of coffee cost $4.40 ($11/2.5). You then say if they raise his wages to $15 per hour they would need to charge $6 per drink. Given that scenario, the barista would only need to make 2.5 cups of coffee in a hour to cover his increase in pay.

In reality if the guy made 25 cups of coffee a hour the increase in price would only need to be 16 cents per cup (25 X .16 cents) to cover his $4.00 raise. Using your numbers if the average cost of a cup of coffee went from $4.40 to $4.56 that would be a price increase of 3.6% and the guy would get a 36% raise.
Great HS economics scenario.

In your example, your assuming a perfect world in which only the Barista is the cost increase. But inflation causes taxes to go up (because of the increased property value), the cost of coffee goes up (due to higher wages for coffee workers and higher transportation costs). Not to mention that every 5bux doesn’t have a store that sells 25 cups/Barista/hour. Does that drive thru line get smaller at 11am or 2pm versus the 7-9am time slot??

If the Barista is the only one who sees wages go up, then at some point, other workers will quit their jobs to be the Barista (due to better wages or even easier working conditions such as pouring coffee versus working on a factory floor), which then cause the other firms (restaurants, bars and other service industries) to raise wages to compete with 5bux in hiring good personnel (that’s a real 2022 scenario) All of which, in turn, causes the inflation described above.

You also failed to account for higher FICA tax that the employer has to pay and not just for Barista #1, but for all Baristas. Also, the increased tax on the increased revenue. Oh, and if the Barista wants a raise, doesn’t the store manager want a raise. And so on, and so on and so on.

Oh, and there’s the impact of competition. What if Dunkin Donuts opens a store next to 5bux, and the cost of coffee goes up by your 0.16 cents (plus the costs of other Baristas and the Store Manager and said taxes) the cup cost really goes up something closer to $0.50. All of the sudden, 5bux sells 10% less cups of coffee and the revenue falls until the point in the future that 5bux has to close (just like the stores in LA or SD).

But just raise the wages for the one Barista worker. I am sure he is doing a great job and should command a raise. (Isn’t the Barista making tips? Should that be counted as part of his ability to afford 3 cups of coffee?).

in 2020, everyone wanted to make $15 the minimum wage. I would guess that many firms are now paying that and did it solve the “fair wage argument”? Are people at those $15/hr jobs satisfied? My guess is No! Also, why doesn’t the Barista move to LA where baristas are likely making $15/hr including tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
Do you have problems with ''black coffee'' or mixed or even pancake syrup this early in the morning?

How many male professionals have nose rings?
But....he's showing his individualism...(and relegating to himself only getting jobs at places like a coffee shop).

My neice is a soph in college and got a nose ring. I told her she better take that $hit out when it comes time to start interviewing for jobs. Yeh, your friends may think it looks cool, but an employer is going to look at it as a sign of poor judgement.

ADVERTISEMENT