ADVERTISEMENT

This just in. KK Houser thinks she is better than the fans.

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
She tweets:

KK Houser þ2khouser 21h

These "fans" wouldn't last a day in our shoes. That's why they are exactly where they are.

Maybe it was in response to hearing discussion trying to figure out the exact reason Purdue went 6-1 without her, compared to 15-7 with her playing 30+ minutes a game. I guess true "fans" are just supposed to sit back and be blind to the fact that some players, while they are very productive in the stat sheet, aren't always the best at consistently willing a team to victory. Shining example is on the men's side with Ronnie Johnson. Women's players don't have to deal with even 5% of the criticism male players are dealt, she should consider herself lucky.

UPDATE: It was in response to Purdue fans blasting Ronnie Johnson on twitter for transferring.
This post was edited on 3/17 10:28 AM by BoilerPride08

Originally posted by BoilerPride08:
Maybe it was in response to hearing discussion trying to figure out the exact reason Purdue went 6-1 without her, compared to 15-7 with her playing 30+ minutes a game. I guess true "fans" are just supposed to sit back and be blind to the fact that some players, while they are very productive in the stat sheet, aren't always the best at consistently willing a team to victory. Shining example is on the men's side with Ronnie Johnson. Women's players don't have to deal with even 5% of the criticism male players are dealt, she should consider herself lucky.

UPDATE: It was in response to Purdue fans blasting Ronnie Johnson on twitter for transferring.

This post was edited on 3/17 10:28 AM by BoilerPride08
It doesn't matter to me what whe was saying it about. It comes off as extremely ignorant and arrogant.

First of all, I wouldn't in a million years even want to trade places with her and be where she's at right now. Playing college sports isn't the be-all-end-all of existence and there are plenty of Purdue fans that got into Purdue on merit without athletics, paid for their own education, and have used that education to do far greater things than play college basketball. She has much to accomplish after graduation to get where some of us "are".

If you want to stick up for Ronnie Johnson against those who were unfairly attacking him I get that but it's not very smart to take a swipe at the fans. It's disappointing to hear this kind of entitlement coming from a member of the women's basketball team because I've generally found them as a group to be pretty humble and easy to cheer for over the years.

Also of note, it's somewhat ironic to be lectured by this particular player about being a fan and how she "will always stand behind Purdue athletics #One Family" given that there were reports on the premium board this fall about a certain wbb player sporting Nebraska gear during our home football game against the Huskers. I did not witness it first-hand but I know it upset at least a few JPC members to prompt them to discuss it on KHC.

Originally posted by TC4THREE:
She tweets:

KK Houser þ2khouser 21h

These "fans" wouldn't last a day in our shoes. That's why they are exactly where they are.
Kids say the darnest things. Tweets are too easy to pop your mouth open without spending time to think about how stupid it was. My first thought here was that some athletes don't actually consider that fans are their customers and customers are actually their bosses. In some sports that have trouble drawing more fans, it would be better not to piss your bosses off. They might not be interested in you anymore. Some athletes feel they are above that, I guess.

Could be that she is done playing so she does not care what the fans think? Not how I would want to handle things on my way out the door but to each their own.

Well said. No idea what the context was but your points are excellent.

Let's not over react to a 15 word blurb taken out of context. All of us could be subject to similar criticism in the stuff we write everyday if we were held to similar standards.. I say give her a Mulligan on this one.
cool.r191677.gif

Hardly the case...but when adults continue to bash on young adults when they make decisions...well others may well jump in for the defense of. Then...something like her words are used to turn around and put a negative light on her as well. Lovely to see folks continue to attack young folks...KK is VERY appreciative of everything she has...trust this..she has had to work very hard for what she has and folks have supported her along the way...do NOT take her words and make them dirty. In fact....why dont you ask her YOURSELF what she meant. But DONT spread negative crap that may well NOT be what YOU took it as!!!! Grow up!

KK loves where she is...and the decision she made to attend Purdue. Do NOT allow others to demonize and make accusations with OUT clarification from the source itself. Meaning...ask KK what she meant! And the individual making the down right ignorant remarks about the record with her playing and not playing....WAY TO GO! Your a real jewel. You think these student athletes dont hear what is said about them...then you actually seem amazed when they say reply. Really? Nothing but self loathing knuckle draggers trashing college kids with slander and defaming ones character. Must make some feel so warm inside!

Well, seeing as YOU started this...why dont YOU approach KK and ask her what she meant? Words are EASILY taken in the wrong? I guess that would be too easy when ones intention is to slander? Right?

The young lady is FAR from anti fan! She KNOWS what the fans mean! But agendas always go the way one intends them to go. Which NO doubt was the intended agenda from the initial post!

I have read her tweet, and I find nothing offensive. She appears to be referring to a few fans who have acted badly, and I agree that there are some fans who do not represent Purdue well. Everyone has a few. Ugly is not too strog a word to describe them. At the Big Ten tourney I sat near Iowa, Indiana and MSU fans whose actions were ugly, and I hear a few near my seat at Purdue.

Originally posted by tweeterhead:
Well, seeing as YOU started this...why dont YOU approach KK and ask her what she meant? Words are EASILY taken in the wrong? I guess that would be too easy when ones intention is to slander? Right?
I posted exactly what she tweeted. If it's slander, she slandered herself.

The young lady is FAR from anti fan! She KNOWS what the fans mean! But agendas always go the way one intends them to go. Which NO doubt was the intended agenda from the initial post!
My only agenda is to discuss what a student athlete tweeted about fans. Her playing career is over. I don't follow her on twitter but her snarky tweet was posted on the premium board in a post about Ronnie Johnson. I thought it was worthy of discussion here.

Since you are talking about agendas, what's yours? You seem very defensive about this. Taking it personally. I suspect you are the one with the agenda here. A relative or friend perhaps?

I posted exactly what she tweeted. Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions.

What a weak, sad reply. I don't usually have an issue with you or your opinions, but this is too much.

You posted exactl;y what she tweeted, eh? How about the subject line, where defamed her based on some random tweet? In case you forgot... "This just in. KK Houser thinks she is better than the fans". Those are your words right? KK didn't write them.

I am not surprised you won't own up to your own agrenda here. You have never been a fan of this lady, but you don't need to throw this in our faces and then walk away all innocent. What a jerk! You are the slanderer here. You should at least own up to it instead of slinking away.

cool.r191677.gif

Originally posted by mathboy:

What a weak, sad reply. I don't usually have an issue with you or your opinions, but this is too much.

You posted exactl;y what she tweeted, eh? How about the subject line, where defamed her based on some random tweet? In case you forgot... "This just in. KK Houser thinks she is better than the fans". Those are your words right? KK didn't write them.

I am not surprised you won't own up to your own agrenda here. You have never been a fan of this lady, but you don't need to throw this in our faces and then walk away all innocent. What a jerk! You are the slanderer here. You should at least own up to it instead of slinking away.

cool.r191677.gif
I posted what she tweeted. It's as simple as that. I also put my thoughts on the tweet here too for everyone to see and I stand by those 100%. That is not slander just like you calling me a jerk is not slander. I think her tweet was filled with ignorance and arrogance and I still do no matter what excuses some here will make for her. It's funny how many times people will say or tweet regretful things and then after they are called on it they have some sort of explanation for what they really meant. This is no different in my opinion.

As for her play, I have about the same opinion as many here so far as I know. She was a very skilled player who at times played out of control and turned the ball over too much. I would love to hear from anyone here who disagrees with that. I had respect for the things she could do. I just have little respect for the attitude on display in this case.

BTW it' funny how you didn't say much about this until after someone else did. Now you want to start a hands-across-America campaign about it lol. If you felt so strongly about it, you could've had the courage to attack me first instead of waiting for someone else to do it and then jump on their bandwagon. I am not surprised however.
This post was edited on 3/19 12:05 PM by TC4THREE

Originally posted by mathboy:

cool.r191677.gif
I posted what she tweeted. It's as simple as that. I also put my thoughts on the tweet here too for everyone to see and I stand by those 100%. That is not slander just like you calling me a jerk is not slander. I think her tweet was filled with ignorance and arrogance and I still do no matter what excuses some here will make for her. It's funny how many times people will say or tweet regretful things and then after they are called on it they have some sort of explanation for what they really meant. This is no different in my opinion.

As for her play, I have about the same opinion as many here so far as I know. She was a very skilled player who at times played out of control and turned the ball over too much. I would love to hear from anyone here who disagrees with that. I had respect for the things she could do. I just have little respect for the attitude on display in this case.

BTW it' funny how you didn't say much about this until after someone else did. Now you want to start a hands-across-America campaign about it lol. If you felt so strongly about it, you could've had the courage to attack me first instead of waiting for someone else to do it and then jump on their bandwagon. I am not surprised however.

This post was edited on 3/19 12:05 PM by TC4THREE
I don't nest on this board, and I don't usually pick fights. I don't think it worthwhile in the least. I thought most of the responses you got would have caused you to reconsider your initial point. It did not. Why did I jump in now? I felt your responses to the Teeeter to be ridiculous, and demonstrated some sort of real issues. I did not like your response at all. That's where I lost it. Your position in this situation shows you have a strong personal agenda against this player. I don't know why, and I don't care. There is nothing "funny" about it.

You posted what she tweeted, but under an inflammatory and cruel subject line that was all your own.

My concern has little to do with KK's playing ability and lots to do with jerks that air ignorant and vicious personal attacks on Purdue's players. You did. End of story. I recommend you at least stop posting in this thread, about this subject. If you were an adult (I assume you are) I would think an apology to KK would be the correct action.

cool.r191677.gif

Feel free to have whatever opinion you want. Fact is there is nothing personal about it and Im the only person that can judge that so I can say with 100% certainty that you are wrong about that.
Idk what you read here that made you think I would change my mind. Several agreed that her tweet was at best something best left off social media if not completely unsaid. If you want to make excuses for her that is your choice.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Nothing but self loathing knuckle draggers trashing college kids with slander and defaming ones character.
hmmmm...this is familiar

i know some of you guys have been on here as long as i have...remember this same terminology? was roughly 7 years ago IIRC.

Originally posted by BoilerExpress:

Nothing but self loathing knuckle draggers trashing college kids with slander and defaming ones character.
hmmmm...this is familiar

i know some of you guys have been on here as long as i have...remember this same terminology? was roughly 7 years ago IIRC.
LOL now that you mention it I do!

IIRC it was what we were called if we didn't believe that Title IX meant that GBI needed to cover mbb and wbb equally. Good memory. I did not make the connection until you mentioned it.

Originally posted by BoilerExpress:

hmmmm...this is familiar

LOL now that you mention it I do!

IIRC it was what we were called if we didn't believe that Title IX meant that GBI needed to cover mbb and wbb equally. Good memory. I did not make the connection until you mentioned it.
haha, you got it. also IIRC they were arguing that title IX meant that the BTN had to give equal coverage as well.

i remember it well because i ripped the poster a new one and got a 1-month ban (on the WBB board!
laugh.r191677.gif
). i wasn't even vulgar or anything, but i think that thread got so out of control that they nuked it and gave bans for most of the people posting.

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT