ADVERTISEMENT

This is gonna get real interesting...

Bruce1

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2001
when Trump sends in "landing teams" to assess how Gov agencies are run,etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ama-agencies-as-cabinet-vetting-heats-up.html

I am looking forward to that assessment in terms of how efficient the Gov is run vs private business. His approach to freeze hiring in the agencies and make it people sign a 5 yr ban on lobbying are right on approaches to expose waste and insure he is getting people who will put the country first. I love it!!

when Trump sends in "landing teams" to assess how Gov agencies are run,etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ama-agencies-as-cabinet-vetting-heats-up.html

I am looking forward to that assessment in terms of how efficient the Gov is run vs private business. His approach to freeze hiring in the agencies and make it people sign a 5 yr ban on lobbying are right on approaches to expose waste and insure he is getting people who will put the country first. I love it!!
Is this going to include the Pentagon and the Defense Department? The findings could be endless.

Good God I hope so. But then it would need to look deep into congressional influence on defense contracting.
I live an area where there are many retired generals (many 2 and 3 stars) and almost all have had defense contracts when retired. It is awful listening to guys that already make $150000+ on retired pensions. A lot of quid pro.

I'm fine with the audit. The 5 year ban won't hold up in court. Non-compete clauses very rarely hold up in the private sector.

I'm fine with the audit. The 5 year ban won't hold up in court. Non-compete clauses very rarely hold up in the private sector.
i'm pretty sure obama tried something similar but abandoned after he had trouble hiring. qualified people don't make money in government, they make money in lobbying after government work. so its hard to make the 5 year ban and still get qualified people without paying more in gov't salary.

its a good sentiment though.

We'll see. I have a different experience. A well written non compete stood up in court more than once in my time. We prevented people from going to work for competitors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT