ADVERTISEMENT

There's A Easy Fix For Getting Torched Deep...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
Keep him in front you as much as possible or grab the receiver before he beat you for a touchdown. Giving up 15 yards and a first down for a DPI is still a hell lot better than 6/7 points.
Especially with very little time left in the end of the half or end of the game. The idea is to get time to expire before they score on us. I've seen Cam Allen did it once, but we should be doing this more.

Reactions: purduepat1969
We tackled one receiver a couple of weeks ago and he dragged him 20 yards for the TD!

Keep him in front you as much as possible or grab the receiver before he beat you for a touchdown. Giving up 15 yards and a first down for a DPI is still a hell lot better than 6/7 points.
Especially with very little time left in the end of the half or end of the game. The idea is to get time to expire before they score on us. I've seen Cam Allen did it once, but we should be doing this more.
They could learn from Nebraska and grab the receiver on every play. The refs hardly call it. I think Nebraska got called once for PI when grabbing the receiver by the jersey and arm and they did it almost every play.

Reactions: drewjin
They could learn from Nebraska and grab the receiver on every play. The refs hardly call it. I think Nebraska got called once for PI when grabbing the receiver by the jersey and arm and they did it almost every play.
Our db's were getting flagged for grabbing early in the season. To the point where they started practicing with oven mitts on. Refs are very inconsistent from game to game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT