ADVERTISEMENT

The young guys will learn....

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I can recall 3-5 times vs FSU when one of our younger players thought they had a layup opportunity only to have a FSU player come out of nowhere and swat the ball away.
In high school, when these guys had an opportunity like that, they probably always were able to finish. Now they've got 6'8 long athletes flying at them from all angles.
These young guys are smart and I'm sure they're learning that you have to go hard to the bucket, you can't float up there and just finger roll it.

I can recall 3-5 times vs FSU when one of our younger players thought they had a layup opportunity only to have a FSU player come out of nowhere and swat the ball away.
In high school, when these guys had an opportunity like that, they probably always were able to finish. Now they've got 6'8 long athletes flying at them from all angles.
These young guys are smart and I'm sure they're learning that you have to go hard to the bucket, you can't float up there and just finger roll it.

They'll need to (and I'm fairly confidently they will) learn the angles better, get stronger, and use the goal as protection when they can, IMO. Fortunately last night, most of Fletcher Loyer's attempts went out-of-bounds for Purdue possession. Smith hasn't been too bad when driving to me.....even got the C-Boogie special call for an and-one last night.

I do like that they're willing to drive off the bounce.

I said just about the same thing in the game thread about Loyer... Pretty sure its just an experience thing - not being used to the length/quickness of Div 1 players...

Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT