ADVERTISEMENT

The timing of the hire is interesting

TMA62

Junior
Nov 3, 2001
As the post season bowl games progressed, there may have been more coaches available or would show interest. Especially for coordinators and asst. coaches.

I don't think MB made this hire now thinking that no high profile HC and coordinators would ever be interested. I also don't think that MB would have hired anybody now to stop the hemorrhaging of the Purdue coaching staff and players/recruits. The milk had been spilt and the exodus was going to happen anyway.

MB may have seen something in Walters that is very promising and that may include some good OC in coming as well. (Negotiations are wrapping up and announcements are shortly forthcoming)

Reactions: Tommaker
As the post season bowl games progressed, there may have been more coaches available or would show interest. Especially for coordinators and asst. coaches.

I don't think MB made this hire now thinking that no high profile HC and coordinators would ever be interested. I also don't think that MB would have hired anybody now to stop the hemorrhaging of the Purdue coaching staff and players/recruits. The milk had been spilt and the exodus was going to happen anyway.

MB may have seen something in Walters that is very promising and that may include some good OC in coming as well. (Negotiations are wrapping up and announcements are shortly forthcoming)
I wish I had stock in these fan sites. Wait a few days and sell to make a killing.

ADVERTISEMENT