ADVERTISEMENT

The Thirty Club

oldboiler52

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2012
An update of this weekend with the commits. I almost never miss a Myles Colvin game and this week was no different. He scored 32 points vs a really good defensive team in Covenant Christian 9-1 at the time. Kid just beat them like a drum despite being double teamed constantly. He just has the ability to find space when there is none. He scored over half of his teams 61 points, and it looked effortless it wasn't. His 3-point shot was on the money as he scored the first eight points for HC and laid down the gauntlet. As if to say game on! He elevates so quickly, and his release is so quick denying his shot isn't an option you just have to hope he misses. I do think over their 3-game winning streak he has settled into the mindset that he has to just play his game. Kid is on a mission and it's not to score it is to win. IMO winning is everything to him whether he scores or not is irrelevant. I get frustrated when he doesn't take the shot but normally, he makes the right read. Yes, he will demand the ball when his team needs a basket to stop a run and stop it, he will. He gets better every game.

Kanon Catchings scored 20 points vs Avon (a blowout) and 30 points vs Plainfield in the Hendricks County tourney and won another MVP. As good as any recruit I have ever watched. He is and will be a walking mismatch a 6'8" guard who doesn't turn it over and rarely takes a bad shot. If he gets to the 6'10" as projected, he will be a mismatch at the 2, 3, and 4. Yes, he will win Mr. Basketball with his future teammate being the toughest competition. Fletcher Loyer was the best coached recruit I had ever seen Catchings could challenge that view. His midrange game is as good as I have ever seen at any level. The only thing that stops him from scoring 40 every night is he knows how to win and that is what he is going to do.

Jack Benter scored a season low 14 in a loss vs a top three 4A team his team is 2A. Jack is averaging 30 points a game. He is a smart player and a coach's kid. He uses angles to slice thru would be defenders. He is the best defender of the three commits and that is saying something. He makes his team an easy pick to go deep in the state tourney. I have only watched 3 of his games online. He is as good as any small school player as you could ask for. His range is limitless even from beyond half court. IMO he is one of those players you never want to see on the bench. He is a go to player who will deliver whatever you need to win. I am often asked to compare him to former Purdue players I think he is a hybrid player a Chris Kramer type defender and a better Ryan Cline shooter. An easy comparison would be Damon Bailey for you old guy's. Hard to imagine ranking a kid who Averages 30 per as the 37th best player in the state. To quote Painter "their all five-star players in my eyes" mine too coach.

I highly recommend you watch Kanon @iscsportsnet and Myles @IndianaSRN both are free almost all Indiana HS Basketball games start at 7:30 pm you can watch the recorded games there as well. Jacks' games require a subscription it's only a dollar, but I cannot get it to work for me.

It's a great blessing to get such nice reports on recruits. Congrats to all for doing so well & to CMP for landing them. Particularly liked the line........ "think he is a hybrid player a Chris Kramer type defender and a better Ryan Cline shooter" on Benter. That is some high cotton talk right there...lol.....If that D & range pans out he will be hard to keep off the floor as a frosh.

Last edited:
It's a great blessing to get such nice reports on recruits. Congrats to all for doing so well & to CMP for landing them. Particularly liked the line........ "think he is a hybrid player a Chris Kramer type defender and a better Ryan Cline shooter" on Benter. That is some high cotton talk right there...lol.....If that D & range pans out he will be hard to keep off the floor as a frosh.

Maybe Painter is really going for a team of Five Ryan Clines....haha. :)

On MC Hammer,.......

" He just has the ability to find space when there is none.........elevates so quickly, and his release is so quick denying his shot isn't an option you just have to hope he misses"

Sounds like a Sensabaugh type who will be unstoppable when he is on. Man these 3 guys make it sound like a fun future to be a Purdue fan!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT