ADVERTISEMENT

The recruit's 10/12/2022

They were correct.

Like I said above, it is yet to be determined if ZE can get us there. Ivey sure didn't.
I was addressing the "generational" comment and its requirement to challenge for a National Championship. After Edey is gone, Smith and Loyer will still be here. Smith is probably the best PG Painter has recruited and Loyer is probably the best all-around guard since Dakota Mathias -- and possibly the best shooter. They are showing themselves to be a generational backcourt.

I guess after watching Purdue for many years, I have a hard time being pessimistic about the Boilers chances for the next few years.

Reactions: oldboiler52
I guess after watching Purdue for many years, I have a hard time being pessimistic about the Boilers chances for the next few years.

I applaud you for your optimism. After 53 years since our last chpionship game, most would have grown pessimistic, hopefully we are due.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I was addressing the "generational" comment and its requirement to challenge for a National Championship. After Edey is gone, Smith and Loyer will still be here. Smith is probably the best PG Painter has recruited and Loyer is probably the best all-around guard since Dakota Mathias -- and possibly the best shooter. They are showing themselves to be a generational backcourt.

Knowing what Painter has accomplished with much less talents,
there just is no how not to believe in Purdue with all talents coming back and incoming.

In Painter We Trust!

Boiler Up!

Interesting thoughts.......that's a long way off, but there will be some transitioning either way, IMO.

Also - just a reminder, redshirts Cameron Heide and William Berg join, along with Myles Colvin.
Trying to determine how a team fares in a specific window timeline in the future whether Jan or Feb or March or some combination of such and the results of such indicative of some measure of "goodness" in comparing one year to the next, may not be any more accurate than a knowledgeable person using an eye test and trying to weigh that eye test considering the competition (which is mostly likely biased as well). The NCAA is a crapshoot that played a week earlier or a week later …or just changing the matchups at a given date would yield different results. The reality is a team needs to win today because a lot of things could go awry from a projection in the future…”as you know”. 😉

Zach will not be back he just won't what could be accomplished? Myles will be an instant success the kid does everything well now. We are good enough to make the tourney this year without Zach. TKR and Furst could start for most high majors. Wille Berg gets to work with Brantley for a year. In 2024 Gillis, Morton, and Newman will be seniors with Newman and Gillis being 5th year seniors. Loyer and Smith will have been there done that. Without Zach more shots for our shooters. We will be loaded again next year. Oh and we have a pretty good coach. Every year all you can ask for is to get in the tourney. Nearly 300 teams cannot say the same. To win a national championship a lot of things have to go your way. Look at Kentucky last year bounced in the first round. Duke had 5 players drafted including the #1 pick and didn't make it to the title game. Having great players will only get you in. I like our chances this year, but I love our chances next year because of the 3 seniors and the experience acquired this year by all of these freshmen. I think our talent will better in 2025 and I like our chances with Kanon Catchings and EJ Walker two mobile big men who can play 2-5. I also believe we will add Harris to this class. My point is its far from our only chance.

Does anyone know if Edey is cashing in on NIL money this year? TJD of IU is making a million dollars this year a buddy told me, if Edey can make close to that why wouldn’t he come back and play next year if he’s not a first round pick? Zach is having a great season, however, do NBA services have him as a first round pick?

Does anyone know if Edey is cashing in on NIL money this year? TJD of IU is making a million dollars this year a buddy told me, if Edey can make close to that why wouldn’t he come back and play next year if he’s not a first round pick? Zach is having a great season, however, do NBA services have him as a first round pick?
He is from Canada and thus not eligible for a NIL deal.

He can’t make any NIL on US soil. So he isn’t making anything in season unless there’s a tourney in Bahamas or something. If he comes back he’ll for sure be playing for team Canada in the summer to maximize his earnings.

Last mock I saw had him as pick #52. So not even close to a 1st round pick.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT