ADVERTISEMENT

The Questionable Offense

Feb 17, 2016
It's no question we play through our bigs. As we should with the size and talent we have down there. But as Dakich touched on tonight, we literally look lost out there at times. We try so hard to get it down low that our perimeter players are lost. We hardly look to drive or hardly look to drive to setup a shooter. If you watch IU, they constantly have guys around the perimeter ready to STEP IN to a shot. A rhythm three. While we pass the ball around the perimeter trying to get it down low and then finally try to make something happen with a 5 second shot clock.

Now I know we aren't a great perimeter shooting team, and I think it's in our best interest to try to pound it down low. But haven't teams figured out how to guard us for the most part? We've seen it in multiple games, mainly in those that we lose. Teams try to make us win from the perimeter. Yet when it happens in a game, we look lost and scared. We wait until we are down 15+ to really turn it up from the perimeter. Vince finally creates some shots and we move the ball around the perimeter and inside-out to find open shooters like Dakota.

I just wonder how far our style of offense can take us. I'm not saying we don't get production down low, we obviously do and it creates mismatches for defenses. But this offense has been painful to watch at times this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT