ADVERTISEMENT

The QB Competition

And the MSU fiasco, and the Minny fiasco...
And the OSU win and the Iowa win. The problem isn't Blough it is more that the offense has to be perfect for the most part because the defense is so lacking.

Just my opinion of course, but the defense didn't stop them hardly at all in the second half as they just gashed us with the run.

The indecisiveness to start the season really haunts us now. It’s a wart being mostly overlooked as we pray for Coach to stay. If Blough would’ve been named QB1 in August . . .
Blough started that Eastern Michigan fiasco.
He started, but he didn’t play the entire game. They were still splitting time between the 2 QBs.

And the OSU win and the Iowa win. The problem isn't Blough it is more that the offense has to be perfect for the most part because the defense is so lacking.

Just my opinion of course, but the defense didn't stop them hardly at all in the second half as they just gashed us with the run.
Right, I just don’t think there is a huge difference between the 2, and obviously Brohm didn’t either. Blough is more mobile, but also a little more inconsistent.

I think if Blough had been the starter from the beginning then things would have probably turned out a little better. Once he wasn't looking over his shoulder Blough seemed to play alot more consistently. Sindelar definitely has the stronger arm, so I can see why he was picked at the beginning of the year. Blough has done pretty well in my opinion, but when he gets conservative or plays to not lose then his effectiveness drops off pretty bad. When he plays aggressive and also avoids mistakes he has been great. Hope he has a great game on Saturday. Don't want to miss a bowl game by losing the bucket game... that would be the pits.

Reactions: James J Chitwood
Blough was 31-48-(4) TD's (386yds) (0) INT's, including (5) drops. (2) by Wright, (1) Zicco (1) Rondale (1) Knox-. (5) throw-aways (to avoid sack). On the sacks-all (3) were result of O-Line breakdown-Swingler was bull-rushed and put on his back twice by Van Dinglen.(2) crushing holding calls on Barron in 1st half, etc, etc

Drew Brees could not have played much better yesterday with our O-Line, IMO.

Blough seems to be more comfortable when he creates plays outside of the pocket. Obviously, our OL has been inconsistent all year, so they have not helped him. The only thing I see with him is his decision making fron time to time. He will take a sack instead of throwing it away. He forces throws that are not there. However, he has had a very good season overall. It someone would have said before the start of the season that we would have a QB that would throw for over 3,200 yards (and still has at least 1 game to go). We would have been happy.

Blough being Blough.. it has nothing to do with the start of the season or QB competition...
After 4years we know what we have in David... A guy that can have super games against the best teams or a turd of a QB that never improves over the course of a bad start to a game. I like the guy but he is what he is......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT