ADVERTISEMENT

The NIL has died?

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
There’s an article about Texas A&M that cost money to read so I didn’t read it. However, the headline read without being able to go to a bowl game, what is there to play for?

I’m reflecting back and recalling A&M basically almost killed their conference by deciding to play in the SEC. And what was the driving force behind that move? $$$$$

And when NIL started, A&M. Was one of the leaders in paying players NIL money!

And now because of their greed, they will not be playing in a bowl game! They are not returning a great dividend to those people who shelled out all of their money! I would suspect many of those NIL donors are now having second thoughts about their contributions! Even Alabama is having a down season.

As we see more teams with large amounts of NIl donations losing to teams with little NIL donations, is it possible those donors will have second thoughts? And we will see NIL donations start to decrease in the future? Is it possible people and businesses will see NIL is not a great return for their investment and start donating their money to other causes?

I doubt NIL will go away completely, but I believe after 1-2 years of companies making very bad investments you will start to see a decrease in the huge NIL donations.

I am also reminded of Anheiser Busch. After being bought out by that foreign company their goodwill donations to the United Fund and other charities was cut in half as they concentrated more on making profit.

And to be honest all NIL is either a marketing or goodwill expense write off. In a few years, businesses will realize the return for their investment is minimal.

I’m looking at Louisville and uk team’s performance. Their donors cannot be happy! Maybe future donors will wise up and start making their donations to academics instead of athletics! I’ve noticed the bigger public corporations are not making donations either. Maybe the same will also happen to political donations as well.

Reactions: Inspector100
There’s an article about Texas A&M that cost money to read so I didn’t read it. However, the headline read without being able to go to a bowl game, what is there to play for?

I’m reflecting back and recalling A&M basically almost killed their conference by deciding to play in the SEC. And what was the driving force behind that move? $$$$$

And when NIL started, A&M. Was one of the leaders in paying players NIL money!

And now because of their greed, they will not be playing in a bowl game! They are not returning a great dividend to those people who shelled out all of their money! I would suspect many of those NIL donors are now having second thoughts about their contributions! Even Alabama is having a down season.

As we see more teams with large amounts of NIl donations losing to teams with little NIL donations, is it possible those donors will have second thoughts? And we will see NIL donations start to decrease in the future? Is it possible people and businesses will see NIL is not a great return for their investment and start donating their money to other causes?

I doubt NIL will go away completely, but I believe after 1-2 years of companies making very bad investments you will start to see a decrease in the huge NIL donations.

I am also reminded of Anheiser Busch. After being bought out by that foreign company their goodwill donations to the United Fund and other charities was cut in half as they concentrated more on making profit.

And to be honest all NIL is either a marketing or goodwill expense write off. In a few years, businesses will realize the return for their investment is minimal.

I’m looking at Louisville and uk team’s performance. Their donors cannot be happy! Maybe future donors will wise up and start making their donations to academics instead of athletics! I’ve noticed the bigger public corporations are not making donations either. Maybe the same will also happen to political donations as well.
Look for the focus to shift from kids out of HS to first and second year players on other teams that are having success. the five stars will still get a lot of attention, but it's much easier to throw money at a proven commodity that's already field tested.

Look for the focus to shift from kids out of HS to first and second year players on other teams that are having success. the five stars will still get a lot of attention, but it's much easier to throw money at a proven commodity that's already field tested.
Interesting. Sounds illegal but I’m sure its not. Boosters offering NIL money to players on another team. Hmmm.

Reactions: pboiler18
Alabama and others will continue to struggle as pay-to-play is now legal so they lose their competitive advantage. Bringing greater parity to non-SEC schools is one person's opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT