ADVERTISEMENT

The Need for Speed!

They still have the 2021 football roster up. I guess they figure why change it if it's moving.

Didn't I read that Strickland might be getting some game time this year? If he's played I guess I missed it. And once again, hate to type it, any Yanni sightings?

Last edited:
It would be kind of fun to have something similar to the NFL combine for college recruits and open it up to anyone in the top 500. Maybe spring of Junior year? BTN should look into this. You could also do a transfer portal combine.

It would be kind of fun to have something similar to the NFL combine for college recruits and open it up to anyone in the top 500. Maybe spring of Junior year? BTN should look into this. You could also do a transfer portal combine.
Probably also have booths set up for signing NIL deals.

Reactions: FirstDownB
20 years ago. Big ten has gotten far more athletic
"far more"

No doubt, the league is "more athletic", however we can measure that.

You're probably right. That likely explains why we have two walk on players contributing at skill positions (not talking QB), as well as mid-major transfers making monumental contributions, and we're making a run for the B1G championship game.

As a reminder, Broc Thompson (transfer from Marshall) completely dismantled Tennessee on not one but TWO bum knees. That's a Tennessee team that just knocked off Alabama, and is currently #3 and in the conversation for a national championship.

They are (and were last year) pretty "athletic".

(Edit: and, these guys don't have Orton throwing to them. ;))

Run great routes, get open and catch the ball, and you'll be a very, very good B1G WR.

"far more"

You're probably right. That likely explains why we have two walk on players contributing at skill positions (not talking QB), as well as mid-major transfers making monumental contributions, and we're making a run for the B1G championship game.

As a reminder, Broc Thompson (transfer from Marshall) completely dismantled Tennessee on not one but TWO bum knees. That's a Tennessee team that just knocked off Alabama, and is currently #3 and in the conversation for a national championship.

Run great routes, get open and catch the ball, and you'll be a very, very good B1G WR.
Look at the level of play at LB and CB league wide. Far superior to 2002.

walk ons have nothing to do with that.

"far more"

To be fair, Tennessee was playing 2 wide receivers at defensive back positions. Kudos to Broc for playing thru his injury. He's a warrior. But to say last year's Tennessee team is the same as this year's is a bit disingenuous...

To be fair, Tennessee was playing 2 wide receivers at defensive back positions. Kudos to Broc for playing thru his injury. He's a warrior. But to say last year's Tennessee team is the same as this year's is a bit disingenuous...
How many starters were we missing? Bell, George, quite a few others……

shackelford was being recruited by several rival schools for their track team, so he has both speed and ability. He chose big 10 football over track. I’m surprised the school recruiting him for track didn’t give him a football offer.

How many starters were we missing? Bell, George, quite a few others……
I don't think I'd argue that. Nor would anyone else. My point was that the Tennessee team we saw last year is not the same as the one we're seeing this year. Like I said, Broc had a fantastic performance in the bowl game. But Tennessee was down several players in their secondary.

now... since when was this forum about being "fair" ;)

Your point is spot on... being fair... which was what I was driving at. "To be fair"... you don't need elite speed to be successful in the B1G as a WR, even if you're undersized.

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT