ADVERTISEMENT

The Jeff Brohm Show

I don't know if all are aware of this show on Wednesday for almost an hour. I've never seen it live, but for those who accuse him of not answering tough questions, here's an opportunity to phone in with YOUR questions. This is on YouTube weekly. Also past game highlights and player interviews.
Thanks for posting. I was not aware of this show.

Reactions: DAG10
Indeed.

Every week we get to hear about guys that:
-Love football / football is important to them
-Work hard
-Do things the right way

And the next opponent, which
-Has talented players
-Is well coached
-Is a really good football team

And how we need to
-Play hard
-Limit mistakes
-Approach every game as a 1 game season

Indeed.

-Work hard
-Do things the right way

-Has talented players
-Is well coached

And how we need to
-Play hard
-Limit mistakes
In other words, a very smart coach that knows how to mitigate the outside noise. 👍

Agree. These type of shows are a relic of pre internet message board days.
Why they still have coaches do them is a mystery to me. It can’t be for recruiting. Nobody under the age of 50 is going to spend 1 minute either watching or listening

Not being able to watch most games on TV, those highlights are great. But I think that's it's always nice to see the coach and some players. It adds something when your main exposure to Purdue football games is the radio.

Reactions: DAG10 and drewjin

ICyAMockDawgg

I guess that you're the one on the phone from Boonville. What actually happens when you phone in. Do you just sit there and never have your call answered, or do you get to interact somehow with the show? Having never called in to such an event, I'm just curious.

Indeed.

-Work hard
-Do things the right way

-Has talented players
-Is well coached

And how we need to
-Play hard
-Limit mistakes
In fairness, though, a fair amount of that is stuff any coach is going to say for public consumption. Plus, a lot of it is true.

Reactions: DAG10 and NVboiler
Why they still have coaches do them is a mystery to me. It can’t be for recruiting. Nobody under the age of 50 is going to spend 1 minute either watching or listening
It generates ratings and content for radio stations.

Reactions: DAG10

ICyAMockDawgg

I guess that you're the one on the phone from Boonville. What actually happens when you phone in. Do you just sit there and never have your call answered, or do you get to interact somehow with the show? Having never called in to such an event, I'm just curious.
To satisfy my curiosity about that, NV, I called Painter's show this past winter.

I got through to the producer easily after a couple of rings. He asked my name and from where I was calling, didn't really care about my question, and I waited maybe three minutes before Blackman called on me on the air.

I thanked Matt for all he has done for the university and asked a question about Edey having seemingly played with more of an edge at Illinois or something similarly innocuous.

It would be great fun to ask questions like "If you could beat the hell out of one ref whom would you choose?" or "Is Tom Allen or PJ Fleck the bigger clown?" but as was pointed out, these programs are largely kabuki theater.

Reactions: DAG10 and NVboiler
$$

For the HC (although, less important now certainly than it had been previously), and, for the station(s).

It is a chance for the public to interact as well with the HC and/or players.

Reactions: NVboiler
ADVERTISEMENT