ADVERTISEMENT

The dirty truth about your electric car

Boilermaker03

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Valparaiso, IN
Electric cars are going to ruin our environment much faster and worse than natural gas and fossil fuels ever could. Not to mention the child slaves used to mine the materials for the batteries as well as the people that are being harmed/displaced.

Last edited:
Electric cars are going to ruin our environment much faster and worse than natural gas and fossil fuels ever could. Not to mention the child slaves used to mine the materials for the batteries as well as the people that are being harmed/displaced.

Great and factual post.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

Destroy the country so we all rely on government. That’s the Democrat plan in a nutshell!

Yes, but all the damage happens in other countries far away from the view of smug environmentalist pushing them.

The true answer is coming quickly though in the form of Hydrogen, be it either fuel cell or combustion engines. Both are now out there and they get better everyday.

Yes, but all the damage happens in other countries far away from the view of smug environmentalist pushing them.

The true answer is coming quickly though in the form of Hydrogen, be it either fuel cell or combustion engines. Both are now out there and they get better everyday.
Interesting you bring up Hyrogen.
I was talking with the agent for the solar panel company, that wants to install the panels on my farm and we had the discussion about the longevity of solar energy. It takes 1 acre of solar panels in Indiana, to supply electriciity, during the day, for 40 homes. Not a viable solution IMO. And not figuring in EV's.
He said they will be putting in hydrogen electrolosis plants that will use the solar panel electricity to refine hydrogen. The generated electicity will be mostly used for that purpose.
Regardless I'm a solar panel hypocrite and signed the deal for half of my farm ground.
Per the contract the SP Company has to bond the money to remove the panels and dispose of any hazerdous waste. FYI the life expectancy of a solar panel is 15 years.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
China manufactures 44 percent of EV batteries and 80 percent of solar panels. Build back better for who?
China dominates in materials refinement and battery production. “It refines 60% of the world's lithium, controls 77% of global battery cell capacity and 60% of the world's battery component manufacturing,” wrote Gavekal's researchers. “Of 200 battery mega-factories in the pipeline to 2030, 148 are in China.”

Reactions: Boilermaker03

I've long liked the idea of hydrogen-powered cars, ever since seeing James May drive a Honda Clarity on Top Gear years ago. But, they've got a long way to go, as they currently require about twice the energy as battery EVs, apparently. That's a lot of ground to make up before it can be a viable solution.

ADVERTISEMENT