ADVERTISEMENT

The Bat Signal is out!

I don’t see any tweets yet from Eron or Coach Brady Brohm. Nothing on 247 Sports. Not sure who this EPIC person is.

It would be epic if it was Yanni or McCulley, but I don’t think either one is ready to announce yet. Interested, but don’t have a clue.
Brady retweeted the bat signal from Biagi

I don’t see any tweets yet from Eron or Coach Brady Brohm. Nothing on 247 Sports. Not sure who this EPIC person is.

It would be epic if it was Yanni or McCulley, but I don’t think either one is ready to announce yet. Interested, but don’t have a clue.
Jah’von Grigsby

Reactions: TheGunner
I gotta admit, I’m ready for the Rivals Indiana 2. 3. 4. 5. recruits to start rolling in. All four stars. Should put us in the top 20.
PS. Everybody stay safe! Let’s play football on time. Boiler Up.

It looks like are also now pursuing a CB from Louisiana that knows Grigsby. Louisiana is a state we have not hit hard in quite sometime.

Ever? Don't know how many Louisiana kids. Purdue has had, don't think it would be many. Maybe Diaco has some good contacts at LTech.

Ever? Don't know how many Louisiana kids. Purdue has had, don't think it would be many. Maybe Diaco has some good contacts at LTech.
I remember DiNardo used to recruit LA when he was at IU, but not well enough apparently. A few years back, they led the nation in NFL players per capita. Probably still do after this years draft.

I remember DiNardo used to recruit LA when he was at IU, but not well enough apparently. A few years back, they led the nation in NFL players per capita. Probably still do after this years draft.

That was likely due to his contacts.

For around 10 years he was in the south at Vandy, LSU, then Birminham's XFL team, prior to joining IU.

After a quick scan, it appears he had 4, two of which were not highly-ranked but played in the NFL:
Tracy Porter
BenJarvus Green-Ellis (transferred after 2 years)

That was likely due to his contacts.

For around 10 years he was in the south at Vandy, LSU, then Birminham's XFL team, prior to joining IU.

After a quick scan, it appears he had 4, two of which were not highly-ranked but played in the NFL:
Tracy Porter
BenJarvus Green-Ellis (transferred after 2 years)

Loved Porter at IU but I have a hard time forgiving him for sealing the Saints' Super Bowl win over the Colts.

Reactions: boiler1987
I worked in and around New Orleans for a few years in late 80's. A buddy at work said a kid was coming by the office to look at his car he was selling before going to college. I missed the kid when he came by the office, but afterwards my friend told me the kid was headed to PU to play football. He bought the car.

That kid was Ernest Calloway, a WR, from the Westbank and John Ehret HS, who had a very good career on some not so good Boiler teams for Akers and Colletto. I was back in the Midwest by this time, so always gave my friend back in NOLA updates on how well "the kid who bought your car" was doing.

I remember a couple of years ago that Kansas, of all schools, was ranked top 10 in recruiting around this type of year due to locking down four 4 star players and even a 5 star. 4 of the 5 players were from the New Orleans area. 3 of those players ended up decommitting.

I remember a couple of years ago that Kansas, of all schools, was ranked top 10 in recruiting around this type of year due to locking down four 4 star players and even a 5 star. 4 of the 5 players were from the New Orleans area. 3 of those players ended up decommitting.

Dang... just checked, and they've lost a LOT over the past few seasons.

14 decommits just last year.

Must be that great coach, Les Miles.

Wish we would have landed him...

With no on campus visits since the first wknd of March and none for the foreseeable future, a lot of kids are being recruited "virtually". We've all read of kids who've committed without even getting on campus. Seems once campus visits happen again, be it September, October, November, the potential for late decommits may be greater than usual this fall with a more compressed visiting window. Thoughts??

That kid was Ernest Calloway, a WR, from the Westbank and John Ehret HS, who had a very good career on some not so good Boiler teams for Akers and Colletto. I was back in the Midwest by this time, so always gave my friend back in NOLA updates on how well "the kid who bought your car" was doing.

He was a good kick returner wasn’t he?

ADVERTISEMENT