ADVERTISEMENT

That should end Michigan's B10 title aspirations

Wow, I didn't see this one coming. Nebraska is pretty good on their home floor I suppose. Looks like Michigan peaked too soon. I agree they probably knocked themselves out of the Big Ten race.

Wow, I didn't see this one coming. Nebraska is pretty good on their home floor I suppose. Looks like Michigan peaked too soon. I agree they probably knocked themselves out of the Big Ten race.
From a player physical type perspective Nebraska matches up well with Michigan. Take Michigan out of Chrysler and things get tougher for them, just like everybody else.

Michigan was never in the race IMO. They are too young to win consistently on the road. And with how the league looks and with how Purdue is playing a 14-4 or 13-5 record won't get you anything.

Reactions: RVAboiler
From a player physical type perspective Nebraska matches up well with Michigan. Take Michigan out of Chrysler and things get tougher for them, just like everybody else.
very true on both statements!!!! Let's hope the Huskers have a beat down on the Nuts in Lincoln

Reactions: Dakota Girl
i think the neb osu game is in columbus but i also hope for a husker beatdown of the worthless hairless nuts. also, i am not counting michigan out of the race. remember how last year played out for us in our favor when we thought it was improbable to win the big ten.

also, i am not counting michigan out of the race. remember how last year played out for us in our favor when we thought it was improbable to win the big ten.
I get what you're saying, but we were never 3 games behind the leader last year. Also, Wisconsin and Maryland were not nearly as good last year as Purdue is this year. Michigan will have to run the table to have any hope of catching us and even OSU. Stick a fork in em!

i think the neb osu game is in columbus but i also hope for a husker beatdown of the worthless hairless nuts. also, i am not counting michigan out of the race. remember how last year played out for us in our favor when we thought it was improbable to win the big ten.
you are correct...was thinking they got OSU at home sometime. STill, Neb is a good team and on a given day can present some problems. Let's hope...

I get what you're saying, but we were never 3 games behind the leader last year. Also, Wisconsin and Maryland were not nearly as good last year as Purdue is this year. Michigan will have to run the table to have any hope of catching us and even OSU. Stick a fork in em!
I just hope for one good game for Michigan and that is when they host OSU

Seeing UM get upset by Neb should ring warning bells with all the optimists here. There are a half dozen teams that wait like alligators on our schedule. One off game, one bout of team flu, one night of off-target shooting and they will bite us. We are not that invulnerable that we can't get upset.

It will not be the end of the world, and will have little to do with how well we will do in the NCAAT. It is just part of this sport. There can be upsets any night of the season. In some ways, it might act to refocus the team. The biggest issue will be this board and how the whiners and trolls react.

:cool:

Seeing UM get upset by Neb should ring warning bells with all the optimists here. There are a half dozen teams that wait like alligators on our schedule. One off game, one bout of team flu, one night of off-target shooting and they will bite us. We are not that invulnerable that we can't get upset.

It will not be the end of the world, and will have little to do with how well we will do in the NCAAT. It is just part of this sport. There can be upsets any night of the season. In some ways, it might act to refocus the team. The biggest issue will be this board and how the whiners and trolls react.

:cool:
Yep. It will happen and shouldn't be a surprise. But 2 more letdowns in the span of 10 games and also losing at MSU? With this team? That would be a surprise. 16-2 is not an optimistic projection at this point.
But, yeah, at 7-1 or 12-2 or whatever I'm not jumping off a cliff.

Last edited:
I don't think Michigan is out of it yet, but they might have to win out to get it done.

That means winning at Mackey (a tough proposition, but they've done it in recent years) and winning at Maryland (had a tough time with them in Ann Arbor). Other than those two, though, Michigan's remaining schedule is very favorable.

I don't think Michigan is out of it yet, but they might have to win out to get it done.

That means winning at Mackey (a tough proposition, but they've done it in recent years) and winning at Maryland (had a tough time with them in Ann Arbor). Other than those two, though, Michigan's remaining schedule is very favorable.
Ohio State at MIchigan on Feb. 18. might be a winner for Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT