ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Jared!

Jared Sparks is no longer with the team. He has opted out due to being buried on the depth chart.

Best of luck Jared with your future endeavors!

his most ardent supporters are more interesting than Rex grossman fans..

good kid, good character guy.. but it’s like if every kid we got at DE was karlaftis level.. yeah some of the DEs we have now would probably have to transfer to play

oh and I’m confused by the reason. He got in the Game .. gotta catch the ball dog

“Opting out”.. one of those trendy 2020 catch phrases. Remember when quitting a team mid season was generally frowned upon? First, it was guys opting out of bowl game to avoid injury before the draft. Next guys opt out of a season due to the virus. Now you can opt out at any time for any reason. Oh well.

great leadership from a senior. NOT !!!

You have 2 games left in your final year, and you decide to just quit?

as for being low on the depth chart, there was a reason he was moved to WR. he wasn't good enough to play QB. Where did he think he'd be on the depth chart at WR ? it would be different if he could catch the ball, or had blazing speed, or knew how to get open. Did he just realize where he stood on the depth chart this week? Was he passed up by Carr?

if his reasoning for leaving is because of his place on the depth chart, he should have left 2 years ago.

methinks there is another reason, and this reason is better than the other unpoken reason. We all know brohm is NOT very forthcoming about his players.

We certainly don't know the whole story! He was always a great kid to me at practice (when we were allowed to attend). Good player who sunk on the depth chart because of better players (and a couple of key drops).

But I was hoping he'd take a few reps in practice at QB, knowing our QB situation. He may have been asked and politely declined, knowing he was probably never going to see the field again.

Came in as a QB, switched to receiver and played for 4 years. Thanks!

Get your degree!

Good luck to you Jared !

great leadership from a senior. NOT !!!

You have 2 games left in your final year, and you decide to just quit?

as for being low on the depth chart, there was a reason he was moved to WR. he wasn't good enough to play QB. Where did he think he'd be on the depth chart at WR ? it would be different if he could catch the ball, or had blazing speed, or knew how to get open. Did he just realize where he stood on the depth chart this week? Was he passed up by Carr?

if his reasoning for leaving is because of his place on the depth chart, he should have left 2 years ago.

methinks there is another reason, and this reason is better than the other unpoken reason. We all know brohm is NOT very forthcoming about his players.
If he left two years ago John Purdue wouldn’t have funded his entire degree. No reason to go fishing for more to the story.

I'm of the opinion if something isn't working out, move on. Life is to short to spend time doing something you don't want to be doing. Its easy to stay in a bad situation, its harder to take a leap and try something new.

The guy is 23 years old. Maybe he's just done with it. He's not hurting Purdue Football. Only he and the people close to him know if its a good move for him, so who are we to judge.

I'm of the opinion if something isn't working out, move on. Life is to short to spend time doing something you don't want to be doing. Its easy to stay in a bad situation, its harder to take a leap and try something new.

The guy is 23 years old. Maybe he's just done with it. He's not hurting Purdue Football. Only he and the people close to him know if its a good move for him, so who are we to judge.
We judge absolutely everything. Why not a guy quitting on his team with 2 or 3 games left to play? Have we really become so numb to the concept of commitment? I guess the fact that this was even a public announcement when he could have just quietly rode out the last few weeks practicing with his teammates answers that question.

Reactions: boilermaker75
I was told a couple of weeks ago by a team member that as many as 7 players are very unhappy about how the football program was run and was considering quitting / leaving. Looks like the dominoes are starting to fall. will a QB be next? Stay tuned.

I was told a couple of weeks ago by a team member that as many as 7 players are very unhappy about how the football program was run and was considering quitting / leaving. Looks like the dominoes are starting to fall. will a QB be next? Stay tuned.

like high impact players?

If you mean the UCLA transfer, that would hardly be a surprise if he wants to play in his remaining two years.

Has that QB who switched to TE played any TE this year? Piferi ?

is Rice playing WR or did he switch to db ?

Has Taylor done anything? I liked the initial signing of Taylor. he committed long before the other WRs in his class committed. with his height, I had suggested that he might make a great TE if he added a few pounds. and that he'd make a great target for end zone lob passes where his height could be used to an advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT