ADVERTISEMENT

Thankful for Purdue Hoops

hamcoboiler

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2013
to take my mind of Brohm going to Louisville. This team isn’t better than last year’s team but strangely I think it has a higher ceiling. CP has done a great job of giving Edwards a long leash and this team is much more athletic than last year. Wheeler in the second unit might be the best athlete Purdue has had since? Bordeaux is a great pickup. Not sure it matters who starts between he and Eifert, Bordeaux likely better as a fill in for for Haarms. Nojel defending like he is mad you even thought about scoring on him and Cline, what a boiler. Plays in the shadow for 3 years adding to his game each year. I hope he has an awesome senior campaign he deserves it.

I could say much more but just glad to be able to enjoy a good Purdue story without waiting for the other shoe to drop. If Brohm leaves so be it, but at least Painter has built arguably the most consistent program in the Big Ten.

I agree, I was so upbeat and feeling great about the football team, then this Louisville stuff really burst my bubble. Basketball is giving me that good feeling back on Purdue sports.

Reactions: IndyGlen
If we knew without a doubt we were keeping every recruit would you be less sad Brohm left?
Honestly no, I think coaching in football is probably the most important higher a school can make. I don’t feel like I am exaggerating when I a say purdue has a top 20 football coach. Recruiting classes are important but gameplaning and adjustments is something Purdue fans haven’t seen in a long time and Brohm is fantastic at that. Brohm is having success with players that weren’t as talented with the class he has coming in.

to take my mind of Brohm going to Louisville. This team isn’t better than last year’s team but strangely I think it has a higher ceiling. CP has done a great job of giving Edwards a long leash and this team is much more athletic than last year. Wheeler in the second unit might be the best athlete Purdue has had since? Bordeaux is a great pickup. Not sure it matters who starts between he and Eifert, Bordeaux likely better as a fill in for for Haarms. Nojel defending like he is mad you even thought about scoring on him and Cline, what a boiler. Plays in the shadow for 3 years adding to his game each year. I hope he has an awesome senior campaign he deserves it.

I could say much more but just glad to be able to enjoy a good Purdue story without waiting for the other shoe to drop. If Brohm leaves so be it, but at least Painter has built arguably the most consistent program in the Big Ten.
Purdue did win 53 conference games in the last four years,which was more than anyone else.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
If you ask me, I'd rather have basketball success than football. The numbers being thrown around for Brohm's raise are asinine for what he's done thus far. No chance he's worth $7-8M/yr.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT