ADVERTISEMENT

TE's coach Doege leaves for Marshall

Going from an assistant job at a big ten school to a coordinator position at a lesser school is not always a step up.

I have inside sources. I know someone who had 5 coaching offers last year. He was a MAC coach. One offer was to be a head coach at one of the IU regional campuses, several lateral MAC jobs, West Point , Nevada and THE Ohio st! The assistant coaching job at THE Ohio st paid the most and was thought of as the most prestigious offer! The Head coaching job paid a lot less.

Ask yourself why does a guy come to coach at Purdue, is their best recruiter, sees a lot of his players leave and then he decides to also leave and he hasn’t even been at Purdue for a year yet? That sends up a huge red flag that something is not right behind the scenes! He didn’t even have a chance to ask for a raise or a different position on Walter’s staff. Is Marshall really a destination any coach really wants to go to?

I would expect that incoming 4 star Te recruit to decomit soon!

Going from an assistant job at a big ten school to a coordinator position at a lesser school is not always a step up.

I have inside sources. I know someone who had 5 coaching offers last year. He was a MAC coach. One offer was to be a head coach at one of the IU regional campuses, several lateral MAC jobs, West Point , Nevada and THE Ohio st! The assistant coaching job at THE Ohio st paid the most and was thought of as the most prestigious offer! The Head coaching job paid a lot less.

Ask yourself why does a guy come to coach at Purdue, is their best recruiter, sees a lot of his players leave and then he decides to also leave and he hasn’t even been at Purdue for a year yet? That sends up a huge red flag that something is not right behind the scenes! He didn’t even have a chance to ask for a raise or a different position on Walter’s staff. Is Marshall really a destination any coach really wants to go to?

Not sure I'm following your example. Head coach at an IU regional campus? That's probably not even on par with a good coach at a big Indiana high school.

Seems like the OC job at Marshall would be a step up from TE coach at Purdue to me.

Pro-level trolling right here. I'm actually impressed. You've come a long way from your ALL CAPS POSTS. Kudos.

Nothing but a troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT