ADVERTISEMENT

Team with a competent offense

Beats Notre Dame today. Defense really played well being on the field a large chunk of the game. The offense just needs to get A LOT better...
Brohm seemed to be saying “a play where plummer has to get pressured, hit and step up in the pocket.. we can’t call that.” Then plummer seemed to think he was throwing to rondale moore on a bunch of underneath stuff

Brohm seemed to be saying “a play where plummer has to get pressured, hit and step up in the pocket.. we can’t call that.” Then plummer seemed to think he was throwing to rondale moore on a bunch of underneath stuff
So when do we come out of this "limited offensive design" and open things up? Last year it was the D. Now he has a respectable D and the O stinks. Personally, I think it's time for Dale Williams to go...

Beats Notre Dame today. Defense really played well being on the field a large chunk of the game. The offense just needs to get A LOT better...
The offense starts with the o line. Until that is better I think it really limits what calls that can be called.

When Plummer has so many d linemen in his face almost immediately after the ball is snapped, he has limited options.

The offense starts with the o line. Until that is better I think it really limits what calls that can be called.

When Plummer has so many d linemen in his face almost immediately after the ball is snapped, he has limited options.
I agree. But I think it's less about the guys we have on the OL and more about the OL coaching. Toledo scored 29 points last week. Florida St scored 38. And then lost to an FCS school the next week. We've had the same OL coach for 5 years. And literally nothing has improved with the OL in the running game. And the pass protection has been bad as well.

On the other side, the D coordinator took the players we had and made a pretty good D with them. In a year.

OL was bad but AOC wasn’t out there taking sacks. Just have to read the field and get rid of it quicker. Plummer lacks that and repeatedly took sacks where he had plenty of time to at least get the ball away

I agree. But I think it's less about the guys we have on the OL and more about the OL coaching. Toledo scored 29 points last week. Florida St scored 38. And then lost to an FCS school the next week. We've had the same OL coach for 5 years. And literally nothing has improved with the OL in the running game. And the pass protection has been bad as well.

On the other side, the D coordinator took the players we had and made a pretty good D with them. In a year.
And your statement is fair. We've cycled out all the other coaches and may need to this next off season.

OL was bad but AOC wasn’t out there taking sacks. Just have to read the field and get rid of it quicker. Plummer lacks that and repeatedly took sacks where he had plenty of time to at least get the ball away
When you're playing a 4 wide receiver formation, which is what we did with AOC in the game, it makes it a bit easier to find an open man. We did none of that in the 1st half...

Reactions: DAG10

Did Purdue call a single screen play?

When the pressure is so pronounced, you need to do things to slow it...screens, slants, sweeps with WRs (since we don't have speed at RB), etc.

It is just incredible to me how the OL issues remain what they are, and, as someone else mentioned...Toledo and a really bad FSU team both held up and were able to put points on the board...so, while the OL itself is a HUGE issue, so is the poor playcalling that does not account for it.

Did Purdue call a single screen play?

When the pressure is so pronounced, you need to do things to slow it...screens, slants, sweeps with WRs (since we don't have speed at RB), etc.

It is just incredible to me how the OL issues remain what they are, and, as someone else mentioned...Toledo and a really bad FSU team both held up and were able to put points on the board...so, while the OL itself is a HUGE issue, so is the poor playcalling that does not account for it.
Yea. Several.

Reactions: pboiler18
Yea. Several.
I know they ran some plays that resulted in throws to a RB, but, not a traditional screen...there was one where Plummer rolled right and threw back left, but, I don't recall actual screen plays...if I am wrong, my bad, but I just don't recall it.

Ultimately, Purdue did little to nothing to offset the DL push that ND achieved repeatedly and consistently.

Pretty irrelevant now regardless...like say, my bad if they ran several as you suggest...I just did not recall that being the case.

It’s playcalling. The nordfense would have scored more points
Playcalling was really poor...that plagued Purdue a year ago, was very much the case in a good portion of the Oregon St. game, and, definitely was a huge issue yesterday.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I know they ran some plays that resulted in throws to a RB, but, not a traditional screen...there was one where Plummer rolled right and threw back left, but, I don't recall actual screen plays...if I am wrong, my bad, but I just don't recall it.

Ultimately, Purdue did little to nothing to offset the DL push that ND achieved repeatedly and consistently.

Pretty irrelevant now regardless...like say, my bad if they ran several as you suggest...I just did not recall that being the case.
They ran several wr screens and one throwback screen

It’s playcalling. The nordfense would have scored more points
What are the chances danny hope is just on the outskirts of the coaching staff on the sideline looking like a rando waiting for his chance to contribute lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT