ADVERTISEMENT

TCU and USC lose, now what?

POTFHBTFU

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 25, 2021
Do we have UM, OSU, bama and Georgia in? All big ten and SEC championship?

TCU is still in. tO$U will likely claim #4…

I concur - they still have a regular season win over Kansas State and @ Texas. Alabama's best wins are @ Texas, Mississippi (who has lost four of five) and Mississippi State, plus they have a second loss.

If Alabama gets in, which I don't think they will, you might as well throw out all pretenses of objectivity and credibility.

I have to believe these conferences may rethink having these meaningless conference championship games! I realize the original intent was to generate money. However, by having their prime team lose, both the big 12 and pac 12 now both risk not being a part of the big whopper $$&$$$&$&&&&$$$$$ bowl championship!

And this is not the first time a favored conference champion in the big 12 lost their championship game and was snubbed out of a chance to compete for the big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ championship!

Their loss really cost their conference!

Penn st lost to Ohio st and Michigan. Alabama lost two games and didn’t even play Georgia! I’d say Penn st is more deserving than Alabama and usc!

Politically speaking, the ncaa would never have 3 teams from the big 10 in their college championship! It would be different if it was the sec.

The question is how far will TCU drop ? Who in the top 10 have they actually played and beat?

Does Clemson climb back to 4?

PSU is just as deserving as all the other teams with 2 losses. However as I said earlier, the ncaa could never live with itself if 3 big 10 teams were selected!

Penn st lost to Ohio st and Michigan. Alabama lost two games and didn’t even play Georgia! I’d say Penn st is more deserving than Alabama and usc!

Politically speaking, the ncaa would never have 3 teams from the big 10 in their college championship! It would be different if it was the sec.

The question is how far will TCU drop ? Who in the top 10 have they actually played and beat?

Does Clemson climb back to 4?

PSU is just as deserving as all the other teams with 2 losses. However as I said earlier, the ncaa could never live with itself if 3 big 10 teams were selected!
Why would TCU drop? They beat 5 ranked teams.

They might have dropped out if usc won. Doubt bama gets in I’m now convinced it will be Michigan - Ohio state rematch and TCU - Georgia.

For sure on that because USC would have been a conference champion. Right now, I'd say Georgia and Michigan are the two best teams, but that doesn't mean they'll end up in the Championship. I still have a hard time seeing them seed Ohio State @ 3, but we will know more tomorrow. :)

For sure on that because USC would have been a conference champion. Right now, I'd say Georgia and Michigan are the two best teams, but that doesn't mean they'll end up in the Championship. I still have a hard time seeing them seed Ohio State @ 3, but we will know more tomorrow. :)
I think they will want to avoid a potential OSU-UM championship game they will be inclined to seed them 2-3.

Good point on USC being conference champs. Not only should they not punish TCU for playing in a championship game (and push them out over OSU if USC were to win) but they need to reward teams for winning conference championships. 3 of the 4 that will get in did. But the next four after TCU didn’t even play in it

I too think TCU will stay at third. If USC had won, USC would be third and TCU 4th. I think OSU was too far behind the Frogs to jump them while sitting home. 12-1 TCU with a 3 point OT loss edges out 11-1 OSU with a 22 point loss at home.

Georgia
Michigan
TCU
OSU

Reactions: Poprudy and Mroad
I too think TCU will stay at third. If USC had won, USC would be third and TCU 4th. I think OSU was too far behind the Frogs to jump them while sitting home. 12-1 TCU with a 3 point OT loss edges out 11-1 OSU with a 22 point loss at home.

Georgia
Michigan
TCU
OSU
I just don’t see them positioning this as a potential Michigan - Ohio state championship. I know they did it last year but the TV ratings were terrible. No way they make the same mistake in back to back years.

ADVERTISEMENT