ADVERTISEMENT

Target List 12-8-2014

I think you can scratch Ellefson.

Also, kicker is a bad idea. Limited room and we are woefully short at DL and TE

Great roundup as usual. Am I misremembering that Bailey or Dawson could also transition back to safety? Maybe I'm just confusing them with Chelf?

I'm most concerned about the TE spot at this point. Burke is supposed to be good but is completely unknown due to the injury and untested. Also I think he's more offensive TE than blocking? Carajal much of the same as Burke... Cole Herdman I believe is more of a blocking TE but completely untested. And then a couple of walk-ons I believe. I guess the real problem is that there is no TE out there, except maybe the pipe dream of Chris Clark, that could have an impact next year or overtake anyone so I think it's going to be really hard next year no matter what we get.

WR, while not good, and youngish, we don't lose anyone so hopefully the year of growth will help the entire group.

At RB I agree... we're losing all the true speed backs. Hopefully DJ Knox is ready to step up and play a role like Dri Archer did otherwise it's going to be all forward. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If Green keeps going like he did at the beginning of this season, he may be alright.

At this point we have so many scholarships used on the Offense and Defensive line I'm just going to hope and pray that 6-7 of them are servicable to get us through games.

Originally posted by Dr_billy_badass:
Great roundup as usual. Am I misremembering that Bailey or Dawson could also transition back to safety? Maybe I'm just confusing them with Chelf?

I'm most concerned about the TE spot at this point. Burke is supposed to be good but is completely unknown due to the injury and untested. Also I think he's more offensive TE than blocking? Carajal much of the same as Burke... Cole Herdman I believe is more of a blocking TE but completely untested. And then a couple of walk-ons I believe. I guess the real problem is that there is no TE out there, except maybe the pipe dream of Chris Clark, that could have an impact next year or overtake anyone so I think it's going to be really hard next year no matter what we get.

WR, while not good, and youngish, we don't lose anyone so hopefully the year of growth will help the entire group.

At RB I agree... we're losing all the true speed backs. Hopefully DJ Knox is ready to step up and play a role like Dri Archer did otherwise it's going to be all forward. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If Green keeps going like he did at the beginning of this season, he may be alright.

At this point we have so many scholarships used on the Offense and Defensive line I'm just going to hope and pray that 6-7 of them are servicable to get us through games.

We are thin at DT. Only 2 underclass men next year
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by nat100

They need DTs, and badly. Myles Turner and Robert Windsor would help, but neither is the space eater you need in the 3-4 defense.

We lose Watson and Rouse next year, which leaves Howard and Replogle backed up by Jones, Daniels, and Colmery. I have read good things about Jones, but one injury from having a very light inside prescense.

Originally posted by Bullwhip Griffith:

They need DTs, and badly. Myles Turner and Robert Windsor would help, but neither is the space eater you need in the 3-4 defense.

We lose Watson and Rouse next year, which leaves Howard and Replogle backed up by Jones, Daniels, and Colmery. I have read good things about Jones, but one injury from having a very light inside prescense.
Colmery a DE or a DT?

Originally posted by nat100:

Colmery a DE or a DT?
I don't know....a tweener I guess
confused0006.r191677.gif
either way there is room for more.

We are thin everywhere. To me it really shows in the stretches we were actually able to compete with other teams this year, only to give out due to depth. It really hurt us. It's going to be more important for the coaches to better develop and position the guys we have then to recruit a guy to step in right away. I really think that with the types of developmental recruits we have been getting for the last how ever many years, we need to shirt them more. But haven't been able to.

I think it was mentioned for both, but at this point, with the current roster of linebackers, and current commits for safety/DB, those two will probably stay at LB and hopefully add weight before next fall.

I think TE will be addressed by a JuCo, hopefully Mikutini, who got high praise from Rivals JuCo coverage.

I think it was mentioned for both, but at this point, with the current roster of linebackers, and current commits for safety/DB, those two will probably stay at LB and hopefully add weight before next fall.

I think TE will be addressed by a JuCo, hopefully Mikutini, who got high praise from Rivals JuCo coverage.
Agreed on both accounts. I remember watching video of one of them just laying the hammer down on folks and thinking the way he was playing it would be great for him to transition to saftey but I think that was back when we were still hoping GRob would step in as the second linebacker to Bentley. Unfortunately that doesn't seem the case and we are again very weak at LB.

Agreed on both accounts. I remember watching video of one of them just laying the hammer down on folks and thinking the way he was playing it would be great for him to transition to saftey but I think that was back when we were still hoping GRob would step in as the second linebacker to Bentley. Unfortunately that doesn't seem the case and we are again very weak at LB.
Danny E was a pleasant surprise at LB that was not expected prior to the season. I think we have the MLB and WLB solidified. We need Herman to develop and depth.

Originally posted by nat100:

Agreed on both accounts. I remember watching video of one of them just laying the hammer down on folks and thinking the way he was playing it would be great for him to transition to safety but I think that was back when we were still hoping GRob would step in as the second linebacker to Bentley. Unfortunately that doesn't seem the case and we are again very weak at LB.
Danny E was a pleasant surprise at LB that was not expected prior to the season. I think we have the MLB and WLB solidified. We need Herman to develop and depth.
Indeed he was, and I hope he continues to develop, but again like you said it goes back to depth. We have constantly run out of gas in games throughout the last 5 years? maybe more? We've had some really go players, game changes throughout the years, but it's been a very long time since we had any kind of depth which allowed us to compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT