ADVERTISEMENT

TAMU poaches NDs DC for 3 x $1.8M

I think Holt has his eyes on a HC position. The turnaround he brought the defense was special, so it wouldn't shock me if some of the big boys come sniffing around. Poindexter is really good so likely they just promote him up if Holt leaves. Outside of CJB, Holt is my favorite. I think he would make an excellent head coach in the right situation as long as he had a very good OC. He can lead, motivate, and improve his plauers.

I'm sort of worried about the Pros. I'm seeing a lot of whole scale coaching changes, and teams may be looking at the college ranks for replacements. the pros may not be looking at Purdue, but if Alabama or another BIG time school loses their defensive coordinator, they could come after Holt.

As a packer fan, they just fired their offensive and defensive coordinator and GM. Who knows what direction they will go? the pros? college?

If the assistants are good enough for hc material or a substantial raise we can't match, they're going to leave eventually. Nothing we can do about that, it's part of the game. Only person im worried about is brohm, though id definitely be sad to see holt go.

Reactions: Purdue85
If the assistants are good enough for hc material or a substantial raise we can't match, they're going to leave eventually. Nothing we can do about that, it's part of the game. Only person im worried about is brohm, though id definitely be sad to see holt go.
they promoted Lea to DC and today their OL coach is headed to the Bears.

they promoted Lea to DC and today their OL coach is headed to the Bears.
n9aca6kmpatz.jpg

The pros will hire anybody. The Vikings picked up Hazell as WR coach, so he can stand on the sideline and look pretty. LOL! So, Purdue still owes him 4.5mil. and he may get a SB ring. What a country.

I think Holt has his eyes on a HC position. The turnaround he brought the defense was special, so it wouldn't shock me if some of the big boys come sniffing around. Poindexter is really good so likely they just promote him up if Holt leaves. Outside of CJB, Holt is my favorite. I think he would make an excellent head coach in the right situation as long as he had a very good OC. He can lead, motivate, and improve his plauers.
You keep saying this but it just isn’t true. Holt likes being DC - he tried the HC gig at Idaho - didn’t go well. Holt likes coaching under Brohm and he likes the other defensive coaches on his staff. He’s at an age where being DC under Brohm makes sense for him. He gets to do what he loves - coach good defense.

You keep saying this but it just isn’t true. Holt likes being DC - he tried the HC gig at Idaho - didn’t go well. Holt likes coaching under Brohm and he likes the other defensive coaches on his staff. He’s at an age where being DC under Brohm makes sense for him. He gets to do what he loves - coach good defense.
kinda like Jim Schwartz, really good DC, as a HC, not so much.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
ADVERTISEMENT