ADVERTISEMENT

Sumlin Rises

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
Named the HC at Arizona today. Two interesting points 1) the recruiting class fell apart after he was fired at TAMU and 2) he keeps ALL his $10.3 million plus payout from TAMU since he was not fired for cause and gets his salary at Arizona on top of it...a pretty smart businessman and a better than average Head Coach winning almost 70% of TAMU’s games as a member if the SEC!

Last edited:
And there are plenty of quality recruits available for him to sign during the second signing period.

And there are plenty of quality recruits available for him to sign during the second signing period.
initially I thought he'd get the ASU job but after RichRod got fired thought this would be a good spot for him.

Named the HC at Arizona today. Two interesting points 1) the recruiting class fell apart after he was fired at TAMU and 2) he keeps ALL his $6 million plus payout from TAMU since he was not fired for cause and gets his salary at Arizona on top of it...a pretty smart businessman and a better than average Head Coach winning almost 70% of TAMU’s games as a member if the SEC!

TAMU still has mostly (9 of the 14) 4* recruits. The other 5 are 3*. I believe only a couple decomitted when Sumlin was fired, but Fisher also lured a couple replacements. Bottom line, for the talent he had at TAMU, he really under-performed, and their fan base expects more, especially after pumping over $400M into the football program.

Named the HC at Arizona today. Two interesting points 1) the recruiting class fell apart after he was fired at TAMU and 2) he keeps ALL his $6 million plus payout from TAMU since he was not fired for cause and gets his salary at Arizona on top of it...a pretty smart businessman and a better than average Head Coach winning almost 70% of TAMU’s games as a member if the SEC!

TAMU still has mostly (9 of the 14) 4* recruits. The other 5 are 3*. I believe only a couple decomitted when Sumlin was fired, but Fisher also lured a couple replacements. Bottom line, for the talent he had at TAMU, he really under-performed, and their fan base expects more, especially after pumping over $400M into the football program.

Sites I visited show only 10 signees in the early signing period, 5- 3’s and 5-4’s, 6 de-committed and 4 of those signed elsewhere...National Ranking of their recruiting class #32. Firing a coach as late as they did certainly was the major reason and they as all schools can still sign more in Jan.

I would LMAO if Kevin takes a good amount of Texas Talent with him to Arizona Wildcats and comes back to whip TAMU or Texas at some point soon.
One of the more puzzling fires of the off season with overall win/loss record as it was.

I would LMAO if Kevin takes a good amount of Texas Talent with him to Arizona Wildcats and comes back to whip TAMU or Texas at some point soon.
One of the more puzzling fires of the off season with overall win/loss record as it was.
They had a "sexier" coach with a deal already at the time they fired him. If it works out, they will look like geniuses, but if not they should be heavily criticized.

ADVERTISEMENT