ADVERTISEMENT

Student loan forgiveness

I agree with tax cuts for the middle class not the rich.

As far as the government needing tax money. Yes they do. That is why the rich need to pay more instead of the middle class paying the bulk of the taxes. Rich people do noit need a tax deduction for Lear Jets.
As much as I want “Rich” people to pay a fair share, I also understand that if they are business owners, they re-invest in their businesses. That creates growth and employs both contractors in skilled trades and employees to run the business. Those tax breaks lead to growth and employs more people.
Tax them and their business hard enough and they’ll offshore or cross borders with their products.

I'm going to give a Facebook post credit as I do not know the real source, " If your college degree doesn't have enough value for you to pay it off, it certainly doesn't have enough value for me to pay it off".
Go Military is an option for the debt ridden grad.

I mean seriously. Do students loans up untill $250k per household, and abortion up until birth.

Lets light that candle.

Last edited:
As much as I want “Rich” people to pay a fair share, I also understand that if they are business owners, they re-invest in their businesses. That creates growth and employs both contractors in skilled trades and employees to run the business. Those tax breaks lead to growth and employs more people.
Tax them and their business hard enough and they’ll offshore or cross borders with their products.
I can’t believe you still believe in that Reagan trickle down bovine escrement. Trickle didn’t work then. And doesn’t work now. I know it’s their money and they can do whatever they want with it. However, most business owners take that money and either re-invest into their own stocks or into profit. It is a fallacy that somehow that money reaches the common folks. Even Bush the Elder called it “Voodoo Economics”.

I can’t believe you still believe in that Reagan trickle down bovine escrement. Trickle didn’t work then. And doesn’t work now. I know it’s their money and they can do whatever they want with it. However, most business owners take that money and either re-invest into their own stocks or into profit. It is a fallacy that somehow that money reaches the common folks. Even Bush the Elder called it “Voodoo Economics”.
Reaganomics worked for me. Lower middle class growing up, upper middle class today.

Thanks President Reagan!

Prior to Reagan, we were about to move to Tennessee or my dad would have been out of a job. That was Jimmy Carter.

Today, my dad (who hasn’t voted since Watergate) hates Biden and thinks he’s the worst President since Nixon/Ford/Carter. He never said a bad word about a President since Carter got voted out of office until Biden’s inflation jacked up the price on everything.

Thanks again President Reagan!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/fact-check-richest-1-dont-pay-40-of-the-taxes.html

The top 5% of earners pay over 40% of all income taxes.
I'd say they pay more than their fair share.

Additionally, why do you think it's OK to tell someone that

"we know you worked, sacrificed, risked, failed, considered giving up, risked more, failed again, tried again and finally succeeded, and your reward for all that blood sweat and tears is that you make a higher income and financial stability for your family, which the government is now going to reward you by taking more of what you worked so hard for"

Do you support tax breaks for the rich? I don’t want to pay for that.

According to the latest IRS data for 2018—the year following enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)—the top 1 percent of taxpayers paid $616 billion in income taxes. As we can see in Figure 1, that amounts to 40 percent of all income taxes paid, the highest share since 1980, and a larger share of the tax burden than is borne by the bottom 90 percent of taxpayers combined (who represent about 130 million taxpayers).[2]

BNI, remind me again why you don't think the wealthy pay their "fair share"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT