ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the court

And... The AP poll was established in 1948... So after 30 years... Yea, there was something to claim who was #1.
I think you intended this for another post. Again, there was no sophisticated, statistical analysis for ranking. It was very subjective with the AP being the newspaper and the coaches poll a few coaches. It doesn't mean they were wrong, just that the means were more subjective...as was the placement of the teams in the tourney...

I think you intended this for another post. Again, there was no sophisticated, statistical analysis for ranking. It was very subjective with the AP being the newspaper and the coaches poll a few coaches. It doesn't mean they were wrong, just that the means were more subjective...as was the placement of the teams in the tourney...
?

What’s different from the AP poll now and then? The same no nothings who voted Purdue #1 last week were the same type of no nothings who voted Indiana #1 back then.

Well two points. 1) things occur that may prevent some team from winning the games in the tourney and still perhaps have the best team 2) IU may have won the tourney had May played.

Bottom line, it is a crapshoot that the best team many times doesn't win...see field versus chosen team and your team going against another team needs to have to good games at the right time. Play a week later and the results are all different...
Why this Hoosier fan is giving you a hard time, I have NO idea.

When home board posters are being completely reasonable and talking substance guest fanbase fans should be grateful.

still can't deny what I said was true? God luv ya!
IU was ranked #1 for all of the 74-75 and 75-76 season because they didn’t lose a regular season game for two years. Don’t overthink this grandpa. There’s nothing subjective about ranking a team #1 who doesn’t lose. Not that hard to grasp.

IU was ranked #1 for all of the 74-75 and 75-76 season because they didn’t lose a regular season game for two years. Don’t overthink this grandpa. There’s nothing subjective about ranking a team #1 who doesn’t lose. Not that hard to grasp.
feel privileged I'm trying to help you. You can thank me years later like a lot of undeveloped brains with opinions. 1) I'll make it simple just using your emotional stance. If the real one and two teams play each other and they lose and a team doesn't play them having the opportunity to lose then obviously we can't say that team that never loss was number one. It very well could be, but it doesn't meet the criteria of proof...or even solid logic. 2) I "think" it is illogical to "over think", but very logical and quite common to "under think". What could occur with "over thinking" is paralysis by analysis which is an entirely different thing, but we are already in entirely different things. 3) you have yet to prove my statements (subjective) as false and again the above helps show you are misguided.

Now, you are welcome to believe what you want and you could be correct...just like the things I wrote that are correct. Your expressions to treat those facts as you wish are entirely your own as are others to interpret those truths.

Last edited:
3) you have yet to prove my statements (subjective) as false and again the above helps show you are misguided.
Lol.

In your prior post you said back then there was no sophisticated analysis used in rankings just “subjective opinions” by newspaper writers and some coaches. Again, what kind of “sophisticated analysis” is needed to rank a team #1 who didn’t lose a regular season game for two years?

Turn your brain on.

Well two points. 1) things occur that may prevent some team from winning the games in the tourney and still perhaps have the best team 2) IU may have won the tourney had May played.

Bottom line, it is a crapshoot that the best team many times doesn't win...see field versus chosen team and your team going against another team needs to have to good games at the right time. Play a week later and the results are all different...
Indiana WOULD have won in 75'. There was zero doubt about it.

Check your reading comprehension. I have nerves of steel. You fail logic 101.
No. Your post was whiny and dumb. And you couldn't back it up. "People dismissed me >sniff<."
I'm not sure what is sillier. You whining that you were "dismissed" because someone made a counterpoint to your post, or you acting like, if only people had embraced your "wisdom", Purdue would not have lost the game. lol

relax. Take the L, let them enjoy it...those kids have had literally nothing to get excited about in a long time.
My take as well. They rushed the court last year when they won at home, too. This year they were picked to win the B10 this year and everyone expected Purdue to be rebuilding. Purdue has been very, very good and, by comparison to expectations, IU has sucked. Think about what that does to their psyche. Before last year none of the players or students in the stands had seen IU beat Purdue. Any time they can beat Purdue, it is a major victory for them.

But I still want to know if they cut down the nets. :cool:

No. Your post was whiny and dumb. And you couldn't back it up. "People dismissed me >sniff<."
I'm not sure what is sillier. You whining that you were "dismissed" because someone made a counterpoint to your post, or you acting like, if only people had embraced your "wisdom", Purdue would not have lost the game. lol
BoilerAndy: "Nobody dismissed your post"
Me: "Here's someone who dismissed my post"
BA: "Your post was whiny and dumb"

You OK?

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerAndy
BoilerAndy: "Nobody dismissed your post"
Me: "Here's someone who dismissed my post"
BA: "Your post was whiny and dumb"

You OK?
A counterpoint is "dismissing"? lol. You are indeed the sensitive one.

No one dosmissed it. The poster actually acknowledged it. But it still hurt your feelings.

A counterpoint is "dismissing"? lol. You are indeed the sensitive one.

No one dosmissed it. The poster actually acknowledged it. But it still hurt your feelings.

You are pretty worked up over someone random on the Internet. There are apps that can help you with these things. Best of luck!

What do you think the AP Poll is now? It is subjective and determines who is #1 in the country. It's just the opinion of journalist around the country.

Lol.

In your prior post you said back then there was no sophisticated analysis used in rankings just “subjective opinions” by newspaper writers and some coaches. Again, what kind of “sophisticated analysis” is needed to rank a team #1 who didn’t lose a regular season game for two years?

Turn your brain on.
Go back and read number 1 and you will find an answer. You ignored 1 & 2. You are getting rather boring and the apparent inability to grasp what I said is getting very redundant and tiresome. I’m trying to help you with facts that disagree with what you say in that your interpretation as the only one is illogical and you don’t grasp it. Then you tell me to turn my brain on….

I figure we are one of the "Blue Bloods" now, confirmed when another school rushes the court after beating us. Nothing else needs to be said. I took IU rushing the court as a true and sincere compliment! Thanks for confirming what we all have been thinking, IU. Purdue is now considered a "Blue Blood" of college basketball, at least by the south Indiana campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT