ADVERTISEMENT

Still early in the season, but Ivey is #4 on today's ESPN NBA Mock Draft Board

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Ivey keeps moving up the NBA mock draft boards. The latest ESPN Mock Draft Board from today has Ivey #4.

Jonathan Givony's NBA mock draft​

1. Detroit Pistons

Chet Holmgren | Gonzaga | PF | Age: 19.6

2. Oklahoma City Thunder

Paolo Banchero | Duke | PF/C | Age: 19.1

3. Orlando Magic

Jabari Smith | Auburn | PF/C | Age: 18.6

4. Houston Rockets

Jaden Ivey | Purdue | PG/SG | Age: 19.8
Unfortunately, the Pacers won’t be picking that high, unless they get really lucky in the lottery.

Unfortunately, the Pacers won’t be picking that high, unless they get really lucky in the lottery.
I dont' know, they seem to be fading out. Would not be surprised to see a really bad second half of the season. Trade rumors, rebuild rumors, poor turnout, seemingly little fan interest, etc

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I dont' know, they seem to be fading out. Would not be surprised to see a really bad second half of the season. Trade rumors, rebuild rumors, poor turnout, seemingly little fan interest, etc
If they trade a couple of their best players between now and the deadline, they could end up in the bottom 4-5. Getting Ivey would solve several problems for them.

They just need to go for a real rebuild. Get a top 5 pick. I know they like to be competitive and not rank but in hasn’t worked.

Yep, time for Pacers to tank it and build for the future. Enough of this hovering to be the #8 seed. Need a game changer for a few years.

Trojan is a moron. He is still waiting for lander, leal and Galloway to have breakout seasons. All were way better than Ivey

Reactions: johnboiler123
I think this might be a little high, I see Jaden as a lower end top 10 guy, I love it, great to see a Purdue guy that will go quickly on draft night. Let’s have a great tournament run where he gets in the top 5!

Pacers need a pg a lot more than another scorer imo. Combine Turners D and Sabonis O and you've got an all pro. Separately they are both not quite the answer.
I don't envy any NBA head coach or GM. Assembling the wealth of talent out there in a way that works together seems a herculean task.

I think this might be a little high, I see Jaden as a lower end top 10 guy, I love it, great to see a Purdue guy that will go quickly on draft night. Let’s have a great tournament run where he gets in the top 5!
I am seeing him consistently ranked between 4-6 now and trending towards 4. I think that the main thing holding him back heading into the season was his shooting and now that he is shooting great, he is shooting up the rankings.

Jaden has a rare explosiveness that you just don’t see very often. It kind of reminds me of a time that I turned on a McDonald’s All American game in the mid 90’s to watch Mike Robinson and I saw Kobe Bryant play for the first time. Kobe had a gear that nobody else on the court had and which kind of left me in disbelief because he could attack the basket with such speed. Jaden has a similar gear. We need to enjoy this when we have him, because players like Jaden don’t come along very often.

Last edited:
I am see him consistently ranked between 4-6 now and trending towards 4. I think that the main thing holding him back heading into the season was his shooting and now that he is shooting great, he is shooting up the rankings.

Jaden has a rare explosiveness that you just don’t see very often. It kind of reminds me of a time that I turned on a McDonald’s All American game in the mid 90’s to watch Mike Robinson and I saw Kobe Bryant play for the first time. Kobe had a gear that nobody else on the court had and which kind of left me in disbelief because he could attack the basket with such speed. Jaden has a similar gear. We need to enjoy this when we have him, because players like Jaden don’t come along very often.
Matt really got a gem in Jaden. Every game he does things nobody else can do. I do not watch much NBA but I will. I am thankful for this team.

Pacers need a pg a lot more than another scorer imo. Combine Turners D and Sabonis O and you've got an all pro. Separately they are both not quite the answer.
I don't envy any NBA head coach or GM. Assembling the wealth of talent out there in a way that works together seems a herculean task.
Most scouts see him as a lead guard, a la Westbrook, Ja, Wall, etc. Move Brogdon off the ball, give it to Jaden.

Wish he would stay another year, would develop his game so much (midrange?) , but totally get why he will go.

Hopefully he doesnt go any higher, or the little birds mighr start suggesting he should sit out and prepare for the nba.

Wish he would stay another year, would develop his game so much (midrange?) , but totally get why he will go.
Yah that makes sense. Wait another year pass up TENS of millions of dollars to attempt to move from a projected #4 to what - #1? We'd all like him to stay FOUR years but it aint happening nor should it.

Its early, but Ivey keeps moving up, his skills are going to play well at the next level. He has decent size for SG, has a bit of combo guard in him, good defender, locked in from 3 this year, and Morant level athletic with Westbrook speed. I think the top 2 picks are locked in, but after that Ivey could go anywhere between #3-#10 depending on who is drafting or how the season plays out.

No way Ivey comes back. His mom knows he has to make the jump this season, always come back for your degree after a 10-15 year NBA career. He has a decent chance to be the best NBA player from Pudue which is currently Glen Robinson or Joe Barry Carrol.

ADVERTISEMENT