ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Faucheux hits the transfer portal.

Many thanks to you and the other forum cops for putting everyone in their place.
Just so we are clear on the rules, since I lost my copy:
Discussing pizza = ok
Discussing internet/cable providers = ok
Jokes/criticism about other posters = ok
Not contributing anything at all to football conversation= ok
Discussing the football roster and potential impact of losing prized recruits = not ok
Losing three players in that manner isn’t a sign of issues in the program.

As an IU fan, I'll tell you that I think you guys have got a gem in Lewis.

He's someone that I know the staff at IU really liked and I'm sure they didn't want him to leave. There's a reason he was a one time commit to Auburn. The kid can play. Hagen knew what he was getting when he recruited him to IU and he knows what he's getting know.

Not looking forward to facing him the next couple of years. I think he'll be a force in the middle.

As an IU fan, I'll tell you that I think you guys have got a gem in Lewis.

He's someone that I know the staff at IU really liked and I'm sure they didn't want him to leave. There's a reason he was a one time commit to Auburn. The kid can play. Hagen knew what he was getting when he recruited him to IU and he knows what he's getting know.

Not looking forward to facing him the next couple of years. I think he'll be a force in the middle.
What's the story on the USC RB? I thought Sampson James was the heir apparent at RB.

What's the story on the USC RB? I thought Sampson James was the heir apparent at RB.
He originally played for the new RB coach (McCullough) when he was at USC. Highly rated kid that has had a lot of injuries. I’m guessing it’s primarily a depth addition and James should be the main back.

I personally have been underwhelmed by Sampson James. I think a large part of that is how they've used him so far. He had a good 2019 Bucket game when Stevie was hurt and he carried the load. They hadn't used him right all year up to that point IMO. And our run blocking was atrocious in 2020 for everyone, so it didn't matter if we had Walter Peyton there at that point.

Losing three players in that manner isn’t a sign of issues in the program.
Yeah, there are zero signs of issues with this program. There, that will make all of the forum cops happy. It's kinda like the woke movement. Don't agree with it and the media attacks.

Played for Coach McCullough out of high school but after his freshman year, evidently got hurt. The offensive coordinator at USC doesn't rotate backs all that much from what I've read so he wanted carries.

There is a pretty big difference in philosophy between Hart and McCullough when it comes to running backs and how they're used. Coach Hart pretty much stayed with Scott until the wheels fell off while McCullough had shown that he'll play multiple backs in the same game, multiple snaps.

I don't really think it's a big deal on who starts because I think we'll see carries pretty spead out between Carr, James and Baldwin, the sophomore once committed to Michigan.

Many thanks to you and the other forum cops for putting everyone in their place.
Just so we are clear on the rules, since I lost my copy:
Discussing pizza = ok
Discussing internet/cable providers = ok
Jokes/criticism about other posters = ok
Not contributing anything at all to football conversation= ok
Discussing the football roster and potential impact of losing prized recruits = not ok
"we" really need thicker skin than that.

^^^This. Not sure I understand the mocking tone from some on here who believe everything is sunshine and roses regardless of the situation...
Ask those people what they predicted the last two seasons if you want to see some big time stammering... I predicted 5-7 and 3-4 with a 5-7 prediction for this coming season. If SD predicts 7-5 and we go 7-5 or better, when he thinks shit I’ll be the first one to be like “oh that’s cool because last season, you knew and I didn’t know shit.”

if we go 5-7 he will continue to act like results are coming instead of just reading the words on the page.

and before anyone thinks I’m in his or pat’s camp, I think we should keep brohm and that with a really solid 15 months effort, we could be a winning team in 2022. Be sure to make lots of plans for Ohio state and Notre dame weekend AND if we pull the brohm upset in either week, be sure to book a loss where we don’t look like the same team the following week

Reactions: purduepat1969
"You" really should have a duller tongue...
My tongue is fine. "You" should have thicker skin, when choosing to be critical of others.

It's interesting to note, this thread has taken a turn because of people being butthurt by posts of people making observations, but have ZERO problem criticizing others for those posts.

It's like only certain points of view are tolerable...

🤔

Reactions: Beorik
While there’s truth to that, finding out that four players, 3 from the same positional group, and a former 4 star recruit, are leaving the program on the same day is kinda big news.
There was at least a day between Faucheaux and the announcement of the 3 OL. It was just an announcement it sounds like it was old news. One OL graduated and moved on and 2 have injuries and may never play again. None of the 4 players were expected to be major contributors. It’s not even next man up as these guys weren’t expected to play much.

Not as worried about depth at DT. Faucheux was likely 6th DT at best. Our top 4 guys are back with Watts, Johnson, Marks, and Sullivan and Lewis is expected to be major contributor. I also feel like Kapka and Austin. Austin, Watts, and Johnson I believe are all 300+ lbs.

My tongue is fine. "You" should have thicker skin, when choosing to be critical of others.

It's interesting to note, this thread has taken a turn because of people being butthurt by posts of people making observations, but have ZERO problem criticizing others for those posts.

It's like only certain points of view are tolerable...

🤔
You were the one being critical of others for their point of view. So not sure what you're talking about...

Generally in college you want 3 scholarship (non-redshirt) players per position with OL maybe being a slightly less due to versatility. With 85 scholarships, 2 reserved for punter/kicker, and 20 redshirts assumed that is 63 so 2 per position except 12 OL. Right now we have 7 schollie non RS DTs and 13 schollie non RS OL. We are fine.

Marks? Nope

not saying he will be all big ten but he provides depth with his experience. Kinda crappy for you to respond that way about our third string DT who has played hard and stuck with this team into his 4th year. Doesn’t change my point faucheux was likely behind him on the depth chart, which could be due to injuries and lack of experience.

You were the one being critical of others for their point of view. So not sure what you're talking about...
I'm speaking of the criticism of the responses... the follow ups. In other words, people critical of my point of view. That's what I'm talking about...

It's really simple: If you post, you can expect someone to respond.

If you're looking for an echo chamber, I would respectfully suggest this isn't the place for you.

If you think people should be able to post opinions without someone disagreeing and voicing that disagreement, that's highly unreasonable.

If you post some point of view, then others take issue with it... then you voice complaints about the follow ups, you're engaging in the same type of behavior you're complaining about.

That should clear it up.

I'm speaking of the criticism of the responses... the follow ups. In other words, people critical of my point of view. That's what I'm talking about...

It's really simple: If you post, you can expect someone to respond.

If you're looking for an echo chamber, I would respectfully suggest this isn't the place for you.

If you think people should be able to post opinions without someone disagreeing and voicing that disagreement, that's highly unreasonable.

If you post some point of view, then others take issue with it... then you voice complaints about the follow ups, you're engaging in the same type of behavior you're complaining about.

That should clear it up.
39 days and counting till Portal closes, and like midnight hour, the horse carriage will turn to pumpkin and mice. With the openings we now have, it is time to find our metaphorical Cinderella DT, OL or two + a RB.
I for one don't want to hear injuries kept Purdue from a solid season. Tired of excuses for the money being paid.

Last edited:
39 days and counting till Portal closes, and like midnight hour, the horse carriage will turn to pumpkin and mice. With the openings we now have, it is time to find our metaphorical Cinderella DT, OL or two + a RB.
I for one don't want to hear injuries kept Purdue of from a solid season. Tired of excuses for the money being paid.
"excuses"

I keep reading this word.

I don't care for excuses, either.

There has been some solid analysis around the past few years. Once that happens, I see that word creep in, and it's usually for one reason.

I think we also need to insert "unacceptable" into our discussions, just to cover an additional base... :cool:

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
not saying he will be all big ten but he provides depth with his experience. Kinda crappy for you to respond that way about our third string DT who has played hard and stuck with this team into his 4th year. Doesn’t change my point faucheux was likely behind him on the depth chart, which could be due to injuries and lack of experience.
I doubt marks plays big man. Dedication aside, he isn’t in the picture

"excuses"

I keep reading this word.

I don't care for excuses, either.

There has been some solid analysis around the past few years. Once that happens, I see that word creep in, and it's usually for one reason.

I think we also need to insert "unacceptable" into our discussions, just to cover an additional base... :cool:
"Almost like" he's a Brohm cheerleader. Doesn't like "excuses". OK with "analysis" into why Purdue underachieved the past two years.

Just making an observation...

I doubt marks plays big man. Dedication aside, he isn’t in the picture

Certain/Likely: Watts, Johnson, Deen, Lewis.
Possible: Austin, Hudgins.

In addition to the spring comments, knowing that Purdue is trying to get another DT after Lewis... it doesn't seem like they feel that Austin or Hudgins are ready.

What are your thoughts on Jenkins playing behind Mitchell at LEO? If he won out over Kpaka, McWilliams, and others for that role, then I think that is kinda interesting.

Certain/Likely: Watts, Johnson, Deen, Lewis.
Possible: Austin, Hudgins.

In addition to the spring comments, knowing that Purdue is trying to get another DT after Lewis... it doesn't seem like they feel that Austin or Hudgins are ready.

What are your thoughts on Jenkins playing behind Mitchell at LEO? If he won out over Kpaka, McWilliams, and others for that role, then I think that is kinda interesting.
Jenkins is short but the little I saw him play he held up well. Looked he could be good once he learns the role. He gave a shit which was a rarity on last years d

I for one don't want to hear injuries kept Purdue from a solid season. Tired of excuses for the money being paid.
I think we only have 3 scholarships available to stay under the 25. We won’t fill all 5 you mention. Rumor is we have the RB from Vandy if he can get his academics figured out. Then there is the military OL that fell through. And DT we lost out on. So it does appear they are are trying to fill those three slots. The injuries being discussed in this thread are career ending back injuries...

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I think we only have 3 scholarships available to stay under the 25. We won’t fill all 5 you mention. Rumor is we have the RB from Vandy if he can get his academics figured out. Then there is the military OL that fell through. And DT we lost out on. So it does appear they are are trying to fill those three slots. The injuries being discussed in this thread are career ending back injuries...
Understood on the career ending back injuries. Nothing can be done about that. You believe it is 3 scholars left? 5 came off the list last week. Was Purdue sitting at two over?

"Almost like" he's a Brohm cheerleader. Doesn't like "excuses". OK with "analysis" into why Purdue underachieved the past two years.

Just making an observation...
And I'm okay with you making any observation. But, you're quickly going to be forced to back up your observation.

And, that "quickly" is now. Show where I've been a "cheerleader" for Brohm. Let's see it. No more emotional outbursts, just show the evidence.

(Spoiler alert: It's not there.)

In fact, I've persistently stated that he will succeed or fail based on how much he pleases his bosses. That will be determined by his merits. Not any nonsensical "unacceptable!" diatribe posted on an internet forum.

Analyze the last two years. Do it without an agenda. Let's recognize the things that have worked for and against him.

If I've displayed an agenda, provide clear evidence. Or, stop with your tantrums.

Understood on the career ending back injuries. Nothing can be done about that. You believe it is 3 scholars left? 5 came off the list last week. Was Purdue sitting at two over?

no you only get 25 initial counters per year in addition to the 85 rule. That includes transfers. This year they have 15 freshmen coming in and already have six scholarship transfers. In addition I believe they had a gray shirt or blue shirt (or possibly both) to get under in 2020. That makes 22, with 3 left.

no you only get 25 initial counters per year in addition to the 85 rule. That includes transfers. This year they have 15 freshmen coming in and already have six scholarship transfers. In addition I believe they had a gray shirt or blue shirt (or possibly both) to get under in 2020. That makes 22, with 3 left.
One blue shirt. The lb from Indiana

One blue shirt. The lb from Indiana
Brandt, that’s what I thought. I wasn’t sure about Washington. So there it is, we have three more scholarships for class of 2021 kids or transfers regardless of we lose any more players or recruits (unless we gray short or blue shirt).

Brandt, that’s what I thought. I wasn’t sure about Washington. So there it is, we have three more scholarships for class of 2021 kids or transfers regardless of we lose any more players or recruits (unless we gray short or blue shirt).
I should also clarify this assumes the punter and Downing are on scholarship which Tim D reported for the punter. I am not sure on Downing. So we may have a fourth there.

And I'm okay with you making any observation. But, you're quickly going to be forced to back up your observation.

And, that "quickly" is now. Show where I've been a "cheerleader" for Brohm. Let's see it. No more emotional outbursts, just show the evidence.

(Spoiler alert: It's not there.)

In fact, I've persistently stated that he will succeed or fail based on how much he pleases his bosses. That will be determined by his merits. Not any nonsensical "unacceptable!" diatribe posted on an internet forum.

Analyze the last two years. Do it without an agenda. Let's recognize the things that have worked for and against him.

If I've displayed an agenda, provide clear evidence. Or, stop with your tantrums.
I'll not be "forced" to do anything. It was an "observation". But the fact that you defend him at any mention from anyone on the board makes it pretty obvious.

But I'll analyze 2020 without an agenda:
1) Hired a DC that completely and utterly failed and fired him after one season.
2) Refused to talk to the press/fans about injuries or the status of key players
3) Dominated on the line of scrimmage by Northwestern, Rutgers, and Nebraska.
4) Abandoned running game in the latter half of the season.
5) Coached extremely conservatively on offense for 5 out of the 6 games
6) Lost a key player on D to COVID for 2 games (Karlaftis) and another player (Mitchell) due to a bicycle accident
7) Lost starting QB midway thru season
8) Star wide receiver didn't play 2/3 of season for undisclosed reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT