ADVERTISEMENT

States with the most debt…this is what America continues to swipe its credit card.

TheGunner

All-American
Aug 30, 2001
Yep, 9/10 are led by Democrats and are blue states. That’s even after Joezo sent out bailout checks to all of these states.

Here are the 10 states with the most state debt per capita

1. Massachusetts
  2. Connecticut
  3. Rhode Island
  4. Alaska
  5. New Jersey
  6. New York
  7. Hawaii
  8. New Hampshire
  9. Vermont
  10. Illinois

And why are people moving to Tennessee? Because it has the least amount of debt.

Yep, 9/10 are led by Democrats and are blue states. That’s even after Joezo sent out bailout checks to all of these states.

Here are the 10 states with the most state debt per capita

1. Massachusetts
  2. Connecticut
  3. Rhode Island
  4. Alaska
  5. New Jersey
  6. New York
  7. Hawaii
  8. New Hampshire
  9. Vermont
  10. Illinois

And why are people moving to Tennessee? Because it has the least amount of debt.

It is not surprising to me that liberal states people are more in debt. Goes with that line of thinking I guess?

As a conservative independent, I find I think differently about alot of things, than the liberal mindset, but anything financial is usually at the top of that list.

Last edited:
Reactions: herrli
Illinois' debt problem is just because people can drive across the border to places like Gary, IN and get debt with a background check
Further worsened by residents being able to cross any state line and avoid the atrocious gas taxes.

Further worsened by residents being able to cross any state line and avoid the atrocious gas taxes.

Indiana's gas taxes are way higher than they need to be thanks to Indiana Republicans. I fill up everytime I go out of state prior to coming back in.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Illinois state gas tax actually is a lot less than in Indiana. Cities and county tax in Illinois might be the equalizer.

Illinois state gas tax actually is a lot less than in Indiana. Cities and county tax in Illinois might be the equalizer.

Thus usually Hwy 1 exit (first major exit) in Illinois on 70 is cheaper 70% of the time than Terre Haute

Illinois' debt problem is just because people can drive across the border to places like Gary, IN and get debt withOUT a background check
I hope you realize that “state debt” is about state government spending not individual spending. I doubt the state officials are driving to Gary and taking out debt (but maybe the state officials are really crooked and do that)

I hope you realize that “state debt” is about state government spending not individual spending. I doubt the state officials are driving to Gary and taking out debt (but maybe the state officials are really crooked and do that)

Yes, I realize. I was just poking fun at Illinois(Chicago) who blames Indiana for guns.

Illinois' debt problem is just because people can drive across the border to places like Gary, IN and get debt withOUT a background check
It's not entirely accurate to pin Illinois' debt problem solely on people crossing state lines to avoid background checks. While some individuals might seek less rigorous checks in neighboring states like Indiana, Illinois' debt issues are influenced by a range of factors including economic conditions, lending practices, and regulatory environments. The complexities of debt management and creditworthiness involve more than just background checks; they also relate to broader financial practices and personal circumstances. For more information on how background checks and credit assessments can impact debt issues, you can explore: https://consumerattorneys.com/article/experian-background-check.

Last edited:
That’s a bit of an oversimplification. While it's true that some people might cross state lines for less stringent checks, Illinois' debt problem is more complex, involving various economic and regulatory factors.
The "various economic and regulatory factors" are the Democratic Party throwing money at identity politics, illegals, teacher's union pensions, etc. It's expensive to maintain power.

That’s a bit of an oversimplification. While it's true that some people might cross state lines for less stringent checks, Illinois' debt problem is more complex, involving various economic and regulatory factors.

Nothing like resurrecting a year-old thread to quote a poor attempt at humor and respond seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT