ADVERTISEMENT

Sr All-Stars lose to Kentucky

Just in case anyone wants to watch the complete ball hog that Romeo is....or so you say. A large majority of his shots came off offensive rebounds and dump offs or lobs from teammates. Not really that many iso plays, as most of you assume that's all he does is hog the ball and take it himself.

Why in the hell do you even care what a bunch of Purdue fans think??? You’re not changing any minds and no one here is changing yours. Just an exercise in futility

Why in the hell do you even care what a bunch of Purdue fans think??? You’re not changing any minds and no one here is changing yours. Just an exercise in futility

No one has to change anyone's minds, just thought I would give you something to look at, since it seems everyone here just makes assumptions based off what they feel and from looking at an All-Star game statsheet, without actually observing how he plays. The eye-test can serve you well for some perspective. But your'e right, no one cares and neither of us is changing our opinions, so I'm out, won't see me around here anymore. We'll just both let the results do the talking.

No one has to change anyone's minds, just thought I would give you something to look at, since it seems everyone here just makes assumptions based off what they feel and from looking at an All-Star game statsheet, without actually observing how he plays. The eye-test can serve you well for some perspective. But your'e right, no one cares and neither of us is changing our opinions, so I'm out, won't see me around here anymore. We'll just both let the results do the talking.
Since you feel you know a lot. When was the last time a OAD, along with 6 other freshmen, led IU to a successful season?

Just in case anyone wants to watch the complete ball hog that Romeo is....or so you say. A large majority of his shots came off offensive rebounds and dump offs or lobs from teammates. Not really that many iso plays, as most of you assume that's all he does is hog the ball and take it himself.

I really don’t give a frick about Romeo.

Dude is on a try out for the NBA and his tenure will be a mere hiccup.

What’s your favorite Eric Gordon moment at IU?

07-08 (Eric Gordon's year).

That was another season IU finished below Purdue. Of course that was a very successful year. Anytime you can be that close to Purdue.

Reactions: Schnelk
07-08 (Eric Gordon's year).
You do realize that IU had to cheat to get as far as they did that year, right? I also only count five frosh total, not 7, and only one of them, Crawford, played any meaningful minutes.

I think IU can finish their this season if the new guys are as good as IU fans think they will be. I am not sure the rest of your fellow IU fans are ready to accept third place as successful however. White/Morgan comparison is intriguing to me.

You do realize that IU had to cheat to get as far as they did that year, right? I also only count five frosh total, not 7, and only one of them, Crawford, played any meaningful minutes.

I think IU can finish their this season if the new guys are as good as IU fans think they will be. I am not sure the rest of your fellow IU fans are ready to accept third place as successful however. White/Morgan comparison is intriguing to me.
I do realize that. Nothing credible to suggest they did anything dirty to get this group.

IU only has 5 (not 7) freshmen this year (Langford, Hunter, RP, Andersen, Forrester). Only the first 3 will get significant pt.

I think the Romeo/Morgan 1,2 punch will be very similar to the Gordon/White tandem. Time will tell.

Reactions: BoilerIron
I do realize that. Nothing credible to suggest they did anything dirty to get this group.

IU only has 5 (not 7) freshmen this year (Langford, Hunter, RP, Andersen, Forrester). Only the first 3 will get significant pt.

I think the Romeo/Morgan 1,2 punch will be very similar to the Gordon/White tandem. Time will tell.
Nothing credible except firing their coach and burning the program to the ground willingly. Other than that, yep nothing credible.

Reactions: Schnelk
You misunderstood. I was talking about the current group of recruits (Romeo's group).
It’s nice to see a much more realistic prediction from your side. Third place B1G and OAD in both tourneys sounds about right for a ceiling on this group.
My cheating comment was basically to point out the outlier you chose doesn’t really qualify for the precedent I was looking for. Nothing more. Any others?

It’s nice to see a much more realistic prediction from your side. Third place B1G and OAD in both tourneys sounds about right for a ceiling on this group.
My cheating comment was basically to point out the outlier you chose doesn’t really qualify for the precedent I was looking for. Nothing more. Any others?
Just giving you what you asked for. The 2012 class had 3 freshmen contributors. That team won the conference, and was the #1 seed in the tourney before being upset in the sweet 16 by Syracuse.

I think IU finishes 3rd in the Big Ten, loses in the 1st or 2nd round of the BTT, and then makes the sweet 16.

At a minimum this team will be better than last year's IU team offensively.

With Gordon and White, you had a much better coach.

Just giving you what you asked for. The 2012 class had 3 freshmen contributors. That team won the conference, and was the #1 seed in the tourney before being upset in the sweet 16 by Syracuse.

I think IU finishes 3rd in the Big Ten, loses in the 1st or 2nd round of the BTT, and then makes the sweet 16.

At a minimum this team will be better than last year's IU team offensively.
That '12 class wasn't upset by 'Cuse. They were better than IU, and though I can't stand Boehiem and believe's he's one of the biggest cheaters in the game, Crean has never defeated him and the zone tore IU apart.

That '12 class wasn't upset by 'Cuse. They were better than IU, and though I can't stand Boehiem and believe's he's one of the biggest cheaters in the game, Crean has never defeated him and the zone tore IU apart.
This is pretty laughable. IU was definitely the better team throughout that year. Hence the #1 overall ranking going into the tournament. I'm not going to argue with you though. Based on your other comments about IU on this board, you seem to have a total hatred for IU that seems to cloud your thinking.

Did an IU alum piss in your cheerios?

Reactions: BoilerIron
This is pretty laughable. IU was definitely the better team throughout that year. Hence the #1 overall ranking going into the tournament. I'm not going to argue with you though. Based on your other comments about IU on this board, you seem to have a total hatred for IU that seems to cloud your thinking.

Don't mind 'Ole Twinny. IU did something so horrible to him that it's stuck with him for the last 20 years (Fired Knight). Believe it or not, he was allegedly an IU fan before that haha. Now he just lurks and talks as much shit as possible about IU.

Reactions: IUbaseball10

who was that little white guard iu had that year who shot like a girl?
He still has nightmares of the Cuse zone.

Iron and Baseball, since both of you are IU fans, I suspect that next year you will be a bit disappointed. Looking at the box scores, it seems that RL gets a lot of his point at the FT line and as the result of driving to the basket, perhaps both. The 3 pt shooting is clearly not there at this point.

Next year he will be playing against bigger and more athletic guards than in the past. Plus, there will be larger and quicker shot blocking 4s and 5s than he is used to at the hs level. I suspect that once the B1G starts he will fall off quite a bit. I will predict an increase in the number of 3 pt tries per game as he seeks to pad the resume. Given the historic percentages, I am not sure that helps IU a lot.

Last edited:
Iron and Baseball, since both of you are IU fans, I suspect that next year you will be a bit disappointed. Looking at the box scores, it seems that RL gets a lot of his point at the FT line and as the result of driving to the basket, perhaps both. The 3 pt shooting is clearly not there at this point.

Next year he will be playing against biggerand more athletic guards than in the past. Plus, there will be larger and quicker shot blocking 4s and 5s than he is used to at the hs level. I suspect that once the B1G starts he will fall off quite a bit. I will predict an increase in the number of 3 pt tries per game as he seeks to pad the resume. Given the historic percentages, I am not sure that helps IU a lot.
You determined that he wasn't a good shooter based on the box scores of two All-star games? Also, one of those games he shot 40% from 3.

He will certainly get a lot of points at the free throw line next season. At 6'7" with a 6'11" wingspan, he will have no trouble finishing over Big Ten guards. I think eastern might be the only guard in the big ten that can actually match his size.

Based on your comments, I'm going to assume you've never seen him play. If it helps you sleep at night to think he will be a failure in college, then more power to ya. We are very happy to have him on board.

Next year he will be playing against biggerand more athletic guards than in the past. Plus, there will be larger and quicker shot blocking 4s and 5s than he is used to at the hs level. I suspect that once the B1G starts he will fall off quite a bit. I will predict an increase in the number of 3 pt tries per game as he seeks to pad the resume. Given the historic percentages, I am not sure that helps IU a lot.
Classic haha. You never fail to impress us with your basketball knowledge. Keep it coming!

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

You're.taking the bait Cheese. Romeo will immediately be the best player on the IU offense and will have a great year. Their offense should run through him, but all you'll get here is baiting and sour grapes.

It is true that Painter wouldn't have been able to offer Romeo the same opportunity to be the center.of the offense that IU was, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference. I am looking forward to seeing Eastern guard him.

Arc, I suspect you will be a bit disappointed next season. RL isn't an unknown. He will perform like all top-5 players do. He may not average 20/gm but he won't have trouble scoring next year.

I think Purdue has a lot more question marks at this point. Can eastern provide any offense? Can haarms provide any offense? Can Edwards carry the team by himself? How much impact will Boudreaux have? I don't think any of the freshman you have coming in will make much of an impact for another year at least. Hunter will be good, but he's too thin to bang around the B1G next year. If they do, that may mean others aren't panning out as hoped. That puts a lot of pressure on Edwards and some other unproven guys to step up. Not saying they can't or won't..

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Arc, I suspect you will be a bit disappointed next season. RL isn't an unknown. He will perform like all top-5 players do. He may not average 20/gm but he won't have trouble scoring next year.

I think Purdue has a lot more question marks at this point. Can eastern provide any offense? Can haarms provide any offense? Can Edwards carry the team by himself? How much impact will Boudreaux have? I don't think any of the freshman you have coming in will make much of an impact for another year at least. Hunter will be good, but he's too thin to bang around the B1G next year. If they do, that may mean others aren't panning out as hoped. That puts a lot of pressure on Edwards and some other unproven guys to step up. Not saying they can't or won't..

Do you think that RL will be able to bang in the Big next year? Not exactly beefy himself.

Holy crap!! this has turned into a IU board. How many IU fans does it take to be on one Purdue board before it becomes an IU board? I have literally counted I believe at least 3-4 just on this thread.

Reactions: BCBtrio

Nostradamus what will RL avg. next year? It better be really good to be a top 5 player.

Holy crap!! this has turned into a IU board. How many IU fans does it take to be on one Purdue board before it becomes an IU board? I have literally counted I believe at least 3-4 just on this thread.

And a few who have infiltrated this site for a while now...………

1. The only known good college basketball player you named was Edwards. As much as you believe and it maybe true RL is still unknown how good his freshman year will be.

I agree 14-16 a game. He may avg. more but it will be tough with JM getting touches in the paint. Purdue will become a more defensive team and have a ton of set plays on offense. I agree about unknowns but I also believe it may be a problem for both teams.

Reactions: BCBtrio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT