ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

I'll be there. Nice weather. You can buy beer. The senior class will be honored at halftime. And you can meet the players and coaches afterwards on the field. Always fun.

Weather will be fantastic. Id rather be in Minneapolis this weather though.

I'm curious. Of the people viewing the game, were your expectations met, were they better or were they worse? And are you excited for the future this year?

I'm curious. Of the people viewing the game, were your expectations met, were they better or were they worse? And are you excited for the future this year?
I watched on TV,and it was about what I expected.And I am excited for the future.Many young guys showed promise.

Reactions: Purdue85
I'm curious. Of the people viewing the game, were your expectations met, were they better or were they worse? And are you excited for the future this year?[/QUOTE
I was pleased with the game today but SGs are hard to judge. I thought Plummer looked good and both Anthrop and Sparks looked sharp. The defense had too many pieces missing to get a good opinion. Like I said earlier I liked the FG kicking. And yes! I’m completely jacked about the upcoming season. But then I’m one of those rare hoosiers that prefer football over basketball.

Given the number who weren't available I found it hard to really assess them. I do think they will be a step above last season though, and that's not to put down last season.

"Okay, you draw straws. I'M a'tak'in the parachute!"

Sorry. Watching Looney tunes and I just luuuuv that line.

87 has the potential to be a brute, just needs to hold on to the ball. He will be one of those guys who can stand in coverage and take the reception with the only thing stopping him being himself or an armed secondary.
Plummer had some great throws, but he had a few too many "what the fudge" tosses, too. The int he threw was a real head scratcher, it was a lame bird with nothing on it. Start of second half he had another one that squirted out of his hands into the turf. Needs to work on his hands.
I wanted to see how Horvath has done in the off season. Noting that he earned the team workout award, the kid is a load. he found some holes and had some good gainers, he isn't going to outrun anybody but if he puts a little more meat and muscle on he won't have to.
D really got after it. Plummer was late on a couple of throws and the defender wasn't there for the pick, but close enough to disrupt.
Rondale looks small out there. I think there's been a definite upgrade in size.
Interesting to note, they did the senior awards (from last year) and I didn't recognize a LOT of the names. I appreciate the kids staying, but it speaks not only talent level but development during the "Era That Must Not Be Named".
Pittman will be another good target. There will be a lot of targets to spread the love to this fall, we just need the get our QB healthy so he can get it to all of them.
If George was moving at "checked" speed for the scrimmage, there are going to be some awfully sore opposing QB's and RB's this fall.
Good crowd. North lot was full and closed (I had to park down at the gold course, I guess the walk did me good...maybe...) The gal scanning tickets said she'd scanned 847 for Shively, there were two of them so that would put it around 1700 for the box.

I'm excited! I'll enjoy the spring and summer, but already looking for what the fall will bring. Boiler UP and Hammer DOWN!

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Unless I’m seeing the wrong kid, he’s not in uniform today.
Kory was in shorts today. I stayed for the autograph session. He was close to where I was standing. I wanted to ask him, but it was a little crazy after the game on the field, so I didn’t get the opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT