ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game O = not good

Shocking...yet another year of shit development for the OL. WTF is it gonna take to get some players and a coach who act like they might wanna run block???
you DON"T want to hear my opinions! offensive line issues ????? say it's not so. hmmmm. Strength and conditioning issues and lack of development???? that's a broken record at purdue. I thought that new fitness facility was supposed to fix all that. maybe the real answer was to hire a better offensive line coach and recruit better linemen.

as for NIL, there are many wealthy Purdue alums and companies out there that donate money to purdue. they just don't donate that money to purdue athletics. They'd rather it be dedicated to purdue research and academics . i know two alums who haven't donated a dime to purdue sports in the past 40+ years.

you DON"T want to hear my opinions! offensive line issues ????? say it's not so. hmmmm. Strength and conditioning issues and lack of development???? that's a broken record at purdue. I thought that new fitness facility was supposed to fix all that. maybe the real answer was to hire a better offensive line coach and recruit better linemen.

as for NIL, there are many wealthy Purdue alums and companies out there that donate money to purdue. they just don't donate that money to purdue athletics. They'd rather it be dedicated to purdue research and academics . i know two alums who haven't donated a dime to purdue sports in the past 40+ years.
I vote for a new O Line coach

Maybe rich alums should invest a bit into athletics. Like it or not, athletics is a marketing tool to the globally community showing your school’s name week in and week out for 7-8 months out of the year.
Rich alums of ND,MI,WI, tO$U to name a few likely put their $$$’s into more buckets than just research.
I’m not an authority on this, yet logic would indicate if you were nationally known week in and week out, you stand better chances of getting both donors and projects to do research on.
Reality is that people love to surround themselves with winners.

Maybe rich alums should invest a bit into athletics. Like it or not, athletics is a marketing tool to the globally community showing your school’s name week in and week out for 7-8 months out of the year.
Rich alums of ND,MI,WI, tO$U to name a few likely put their $$$’s into more buckets than just research.
I’m not an authority on this, yet logic would indicate if you were nationally known week in and week out, you stand better chances of getting both donors and projects to do research on.
Reality is that people love to surround themselves with winners.
So say you’re rich and you have a company and you’re a Purdue grad. Better football is gonna bring more demand to be a student, better research facilities and this better future employees who are Purdue grads.. so why not donate

He has to dude … I think this will be the year when the fan base makes him so front and center that he’s gotta go. Or at least the lunatic fringe.
He isnt going anywhere. If anything, they will bring in another co-OL coach.

Sometimes the personnel decisions Brohm makes are just mind boggling...
It’s ironic.. he does just enough bad to keep the good from being so good we lose him. Say he went 10-2 this year.. the demand would be through the roof. At 7-5 or even 6-6, what bigger program wants di swoop in to steal brohm ?

Reactions: purduepat1969
Maybe we offer 4 star OLs in our own backyard?
Right?!?

I have not understood a lot regarding the OL since Brohm arrived...he inherited some quality guys, but, the position has been a mess in large part ever since...questions about recruiting...questions about development...questions about coaching...just questions after questions, and, really, no answers.

To your point...somebody should indeed have to answer on that...makes no sense at all.

Colts fans loved him initially. Blah to this point IMO.
Talks a great game...likely how he got the job to begin with, and, no doubt that he dazzles Irsay...but, as far as the job he has done...not good. The fact that he is even still there is worthy of questions...the fact that Irsay has the affinity that he does for him with the indication that he all but has a lifetime contract is puzzling.

Talks a great game...likely how he got the job to begin with, and, no doubt that he dazzles Irsay...but, as far as the job he has done...not good. The fact that he is even still there is worthy of questions...the fact that Irsay has the affinity that he does for him with the indication that he all but has a lifetime contract is puzzling.
Ballard is what his record says he is: middling, mediocre, and average.

Reactions: pboiler18 and DAG10
Ballard is what his record says he is: middling, mediocre, and average.
I'd say he's better than average. Has to get the QB spot figured out though. Likely has a superbowl appearance if luck sticks around. Roster is there.

I'd say he's better than average. Has to get the QB spot figured out though. Likely has a superbowl appearance if luck sticks around. Roster is there.
There are A LOT of holes on that team, particularly at skill positions...on both sides of the ball.

I would agree to disagree on better than average...like say, he talks a great game...but, he has accomplished little to nothing, and, no sign that he is poised to change that...AND, STILL does not have the QB spot figured out.

They lost to Jacksonville...an awful Jacksonville team at that...with everything to play for, and, largely a healthy roster...to that point, the roster is lacking...there is no depth or true quality at the WR position....really has not been in any year that Ballard has been there for that matter.

Reactions: pboiler18
Roster still has a ton of gigantic holes at some of the most important spots: #1 WR, LT, #1 TE, and CB.

His record says he’s average.

There are A LOT of holes on that team, particularly at skill positions...on both sides of the ball.

I would agree to disagree on better than average...like say, he talks a great game...but, he has accomplished little to nothing, and, no sign that he is poised to change that...AND, STILL does not have the QB spot figured out.

They lost to Jacksonville...an awful Jacksonville team at that...with everything to play for, and, largely a healthy roster...to that point, the roster is lacking...there is no depth or true quality at the WR position....really has not been in any year that Ballard has been there for that matter.
They also are a potential 12 win team with a competent QB. It's why QB is the most important position in football and you cannot win without one. You think the team manning was carrying to 12-14 win seasons late in his colts tenure were stacked?

Roster still has a ton of gigantic holes at some of the most important spots: #1 WR, LT, #1 TE, and CB.

His record says he’s average.
Sure. He doesn't have a stud LT, WR1, TE, or CB. No one said the roster was complete. He just won't over pay in free agency. It isn't a bad thing, but it slows things way down and forces you to draft better. This team isn't void of talent though. They are likely a 10+ win team next year now that they have a QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT